Rumors of Papi's Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated !

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Rumors of Papi's Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated !

In response to Bill-806's comment:

All you guys are working to hard here .......  Please, Just enjoy the ride !!!!

You worked tirelessly all season long to bring up every mini-slump  or missed opportunity Papi went through as a sign of his demise or pending demise.

Now, you want the debate to end with no mea culpa.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Can you admit that Bill? Apologize for being the ONE person here to support Softy now that you can see the clown for what he really is?

BILL will never disagree with softy. He worships the ground softy soils.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Can you admit that Bill? Apologize for being the ONE person here to support Softy now that you can see the clown for what he really is?

BILL will never disagree with softy. He worships the ground softy soils.

Very true.  For the mind-numbed brain-dead partisan idiologue, their allegiance to eachother knows no bounds.  These are the same nitwits who supported guys like Cruz marching my party into Little Bighorn.  They couldn't see a massacre if it were staring them in the face. 

It wouldn't matter anyway, even if they did see it coming.  All that matters is their myopic view of events, and how it makes them feel in the moment.

Lil' Billy will never let his boy down, as he has become so accustomed to being his person 'supporter.'  He is want to talk about guys not being 'worthy of holding Stiffy's supporter,' but who would ever get the chance, what with 'Lil Billy & his death-grip on it?

LOL  ;)  Sorry Billy!  Until you man up & do the big boy mea culpa, you're going to gate raked!  Just go ahead & say it. " I was such an a hh ole for harping on every mini-slump of Papi ALL YEAR LONG!  I must look like such a FOOL!  I am not worthy, but please take me back Red Sox Nation!!!!!"   Sincerely Stiffy's cheif lackey  :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

ooooops!  he's not worthy of lackey!   Lacky!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

2012-2013 counting playoffs:

PA   AB    H    2B  3B  HR  RBI    BB

Reg   983  842  263  64   2   53  163  132   

Post    58    46    15     1   0    5     12     12

Tot  1041  888  278  65   2   58  175  144

BA   .313  (21 points higher than his career)

OBP .405 (15 points higher than his career)

SLG .587 (15 points higher than his career)

OPS .992 (30 points higher than his career)

Yes, Papi declined from his 2005-2007 stretch, but he has improved greatly over his 2008-2010 stretch.

His 2012-2013 stretch is actually closer to his 2005-2007 stretch than his 2008-2010 one! In fact his .992 OPS is within 10 points of his 1.001 OPS of 2004.

58 HRs and 175 RBIs in 1041 PAs prorates to 36 HRs and 109 RBI over 650 PAs.

If you prorated to the 713 PAs he had in 2005, he'd have 40 Hrs and 120 RBI.

Irrelevant.

The truly important stat is "games missed".

He's not missing any games now, is he?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I thought it was pretty amazing that when Papi was 2 for 3 tonight, his BA actually went down to .714.  I almost started a new thread on his "decline".

Not to worry, his next hit put him back on the incline!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I thought it was pretty amazing that when Papi was 2 for 3 tonight, his BA actually went down to .714.  I almost started a new thread on his "decline".

And the out was a rope.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

And the out was a rope.

Yes, probably his hardest hit ball of the night!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Best part of ortiz's interview was when he asked where's Dan!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

For the posters who thought Papi did not deserve a 2 year contract, he's already earned next year's salary this postseason.

For the posters who complain that Papi is not a true leader, yeah right!

For poster who thinks Papi has become a punch and Judy hitter, welcome to Earth.

For the posters who complain about "missed games", Papi has now played in 152 games  (counting the playoffs) with only 4 being games he did not max out all his possible PAs.

He has 663 PAs.

35 HRs

116 RBI

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Hahahahahahahaha

Cowards like softy hide and cowards like Bill refuse to admit fault and apologize and now say trash like 'so happy now let's enjoy the moment'

I enjoy and support ALL Papi moments, not take dumps on him for 11 months and support him in October

Thing is, BILL's not "supporting him" in October either. 

Neither is softy.

softy wasstill  clinging to his "It was Middy who got the big hit" speal before his last banning.

Papi is an oh for 4 away from BILL's next claim of his downfall.

Their positions have not and will not ever change. They think change equates to weakness.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTS. Show BostonTS's posts

"Cowards like softy hide and cowards like Bill refuse to admit fault and apologize and now say trash like 'so happy now let's enjoy the moment'"

softy isn't a fan of the team and I believe is very unhappy they are winning as he would rather be right and the Sox lose. 

Bill by contrast is a genuine fan of the team but he doesn't have the humility to apologize to us for trolling on Papi all year. Too bad, it would do him good. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

For the record.......  I think that B-806 has done many TEBOW's since the end of August.....  Also, thought that I heard late last night on NESN's rapup that the Sox were watching PAPI's feet/heel for sorness.... Should beable to get thru one more game !!!

See.

No remorse.

Still no support.

Just more reckless talk about injury or pending injury.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Not at all !!!  Just reporting what I heard.... Heck, @ 737B A , PAPI was on base soooo much that he should be sore !!!   Why should someone be questioned in the "face of truth" !!! I will never understand that !!!

Did the report say it was his heal that was sore?

Besides, why keep harping on his health status, when he has continuously performed at a high level all year long, even when playing hurt?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

i think it's pretty safe to say that you can go ahead and credit Bill as the losing pitcher in this one and move on to the post game show Tongue Out

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to LionSean's comment:

Not at all !!!  Just reporting what I heard.... Heck, @ 737B A , PAPI was on base soooo much that he should be sore !!!   Why should someone be questioned in the "face of truth" !!! I will never understand that !!!

Besides, why keep harping on his health status, when he has continuously performed at a high level all year long, even when playing hurt?

why do you care really? everyone in this forum talks about player health. Bill didn't say the heel was sore he said they are checking for soreness, like the report stated. Why don't you go nit pick on every other health report. Whose really harping here?

BILL has been questioning Papi's heel all year out of some sort of blind loyalty to softy's claim that Papi needed to rest once a week or he'd end up on the DL.

Yes, he did mention Papi's heel in his previous post...

For the record.......  I think that B-806 has done many TEBOW's since the end of August.....  Also, thought that I heard late last night on NESN's rapup that the Sox were watching PAPI's feet/heel for sorness.... Should beable to get thru one more game !!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

i think it's pretty safe to say that you can go ahead and credit Bill as the losing pitcher in this one and move on to the post game show Tongue Out

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Film at 11:00

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to LionSean's comment:

why do you care really? everyone in this forum talks about player health. Bill didn't say the heel was sore he said they are checking for soreness, like the report stated. Why don't you go nit pick on every other health report. Whose really harping here?

BILL has been questioning Papi's heel all year out of some sort of blind loyalty to softy's claim that Papi needed to rest once a week or he'd end up on the DL.

Yes, he did mention Papi's heel in his previous post...

Exactly.

We don't "nitpick" on every health report, because no one else started a "Player A is hurt/hobbled and/or finished" thread, after every 0-fer game said player had.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

The good thing is that, even if it is falling off, the heel no longer matters.  Having now completed the metaphysical transformation to demi-God, the mighty deity Big Papi's heel is merely a casing for a blinding current of universal energy.

Sections
Shortcuts