Rumors of Papi's Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated !

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Rumors of Papi's Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated !

His numbers are so insane right now, if the Cards end up winning and Ortiz manages to get a couple of hits in those losses, he could still win WS MVP hands down.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Yeah, I mean who cares what silly Bill has said about Papi and, in the end, Papi's actions make Bill look incredibly stupid.  So why beat a dead horse?

But, then again, science is science.  every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

Bill spent a bizarrely inordinate amount of time predicting Papi's demise, disparaging his work ethic, and disrespecting him in a myriad of ways.

It should be expected that he get his comeuppance for a bizarrely inordinate amount of time.

That's just physics.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Haters be D****d!!!! Papi may be a leading contender for WS MVP.  

All this started because he had a 2 week slump back in August.  I don't know if you haters hate Papi so much you need any excuse to trash him or if your resolve is so thin you turn on players in a heart beat. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to LionSean's comment:
    [QUOTE]

thanks tho I can only go by what I see. The very first comment I made was followed up with 2013 and 4b declaring I was this jack person. Fact is I don't think 2013 knows anything about baseball since her comments don't reflect that. All I know is I see that bill has apologized left and right and still the kicking goes on. don't you think that is odd?

[/QUOTE]

well, there are alot of posters that get booted and come back under a new name.  it happens all the time and apparently you post similar to jackbu. 

bill apologizes and still manages to insult papi within the apology.  what you deem as innocent, most see as another sly attempt at disparaging ortiz. 

question - are you jackbu?  If not, were you previously a poster on this board that was banned? If so, what was your previous screenname?

or was September 2013 your very first post on this website?

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

thanks tho I can only go by what I see. The very first comment I made was followed up with 2013 and 4b declaring I was this jack person. Fact is I don't think 2013 knows anything about baseball since her comments don't reflect that. All I know is I see that bill has apologized left and right and still the kicking goes on. don't you think that is odd?

[/QUOTE]

well, there are alot of posters that get booted and come back under a new name.  it happens all the time and apparently you post similar to jackbu. 

bill apologizes and still manages to insult papi within the apology.  what you deem as innocent, most see as another sly attempt at disparaging ortiz. 

question - are you jackbu?  If not, were you previously a poster on this board that was banned? If so, what was your previous screenname?

[/QUOTE]

september was my first time on this forum. I followed a link here from an article I was reading. Seemed cool so commented and was promptly accused of being the infamous jack. gave up for a week or so but then tried again and decided to just fight the false assumption. I am not jack and I don't understand the comment about me posting similar to jack. Sorry can't change the way I write.

[/QUOTE]

L-Sean, FWIW, you don't strike me as Jackbu.  There is a lot of weird conspiratorial paranoia around here about posters being other posters.  Some of it is warranted (certain people getting banned all the time and coming back with new screennames).  But, the amount of Jackbu and Babe accusations that are way off base is truly funny.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

you have a better chance of sitting in John Henry's seats tomorrow than getting an honest answer.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Not at all !!!  Just reporting what I heard.... Heck, @ 737B A , PAPI was on base soooo much that he should be sore !!!   Why should someone be questioned in the "face of truth" !!! I will never understand that !!!

Did the report say it was his heal that was sore?

Besides, why keep harping on his health status, when he has continuously performed at a high level all year long, even when playing hurt?

why do you care really? everyone in this forum talks about player health. Bill didn't say the heel was sore he said they are checking for soreness, like the report stated. Why don't you go nit pick on every other health report. Whose really harping here?

[/QUOTE]

BILL has been questioning Papi's heel all year out of some sort of blind loyalty to softy's claim that Papi needed to rest once a week or he'd end up on the DL.

Yes, he did mention Papi's heel in his previous post...

For the record.......  I think that B-806 has done many TEBOW's since the end of August.....  Also, thought that I heard late last night on NESN's rapup that the Sox were watching PAPI's feet/heel for sorness.... Should beable to get thru one more game !!!

[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

We don't "nitpick" on every health report, because no one else started a "Player A is hurt/hobbled and/or finished" thread, after every 0-fer game said player had.

[/QUOTE]

really? see any Buccholz discussion. Bill simply repeated a report from NESN. Give him  and the forum a break. You people just seem to thrive on drama and really seem like schoolyard bullies. How many times does Bill have to say he's wrong. Just move on.

[/QUOTE]

And you seem to insert yourself in the middle of it, since you got here.

Pot meet kettle...

[/QUOTE]

one thing I noticed I can count on. Whatever time of day I comment fourb's or his gf will be right there within seconds.  #Gatekeepers?Surprised

[/QUOTE]

you ever stop to think fourb's could be my girlfriend? Wink

you've been wrong before  

go take your fake family to wendy's

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah, I mean who cares what silly Bill has said about Papi and, in the end, Papi's actions make Bill look incredibly stupid.  So why beat a dead horse?

But, then again, science is science.  every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

Bill spent a bizarrely inordinate amount of time predicting Papi's demise, disparaging his work ethic, and disrespecting him in a myriad of ways.

It should be expected that he get his comeuppance for a bizarrely inordinate amount of time.

That's just physics.

[/QUOTE]Also, we can't compare our vanila milkshakes of the 1960's to the milkshakes of today !!!    Just saying !!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

That's just physics.

[/QUOTE]Also, we can't compare our vanila milkshakes of the 1960's to the milkshakes of today !!!    Just saying !!

[/QUOTE]

There you go again.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

That's just physics.

[/QUOTE]

There you go again.

[/QUOTE]SPACEMAN, just saying ...... "WHATS WRONG WITH THAT" !!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

That's just physics.

[/QUOTE]

There you go again.

[/QUOTE]

Someday, when St. Peter signs you in and you go through the Pearly Gates and find Dad sitting there on a fenway-shaped cloud with a 'Gansett in his hand, he will let you know in no uncertain terms, whats wrong with that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i told you i told you...lol

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

That's just physics.

[/QUOTE]

There you go again.

[/QUOTE]

Someday, when St. Peter signs you in and you go through the Pearly Gates and find Dad sitting there on a fenway-shaped cloud with a 'Gansett in his hand, he will let you know in no uncertain terms, whats wrong with that.

[/QUOTE]Thanks SPACE, "with TEARS in my EYES " !!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Not at all !!!  Just reporting what I heard.... Heck, @ 737B A , PAPI was on base soooo much that he should be sore !!!   Why should someone be questioned in the "face of truth" !!! I will never understand that !!!

Did the report say it was his heal that was sore?

Besides, why keep harping on his health status, when he has continuously performed at a high level all year long, even when playing hurt?

why do you care really? everyone in this forum talks about player health. Bill didn't say the heel was sore he said they are checking for soreness, like the report stated. Why don't you go nit pick on every other health report. Whose really harping here?

[/QUOTE]

BILL has been questioning Papi's heel all year out of some sort of blind loyalty to softy's claim that Papi needed to rest once a week or he'd end up on the DL.

Yes, he did mention Papi's heel in his previous post...

For the record.......  I think that B-806 has done many TEBOW's since the end of August.....  Also, thought that I heard late last night on NESN's rapup that the Sox were watching PAPI's feet/heel for sorness.... Should beable to get thru one more game !!!

[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

We don't "nitpick" on every health report, because no one else started a "Player A is hurt/hobbled and/or finished" thread, after every 0-fer game said player had.

[/QUOTE]

really? see any Buccholz discussion. Bill simply repeated a report from NESN. Give him  and the forum a break. You people just seem to thrive on drama and really seem like schoolyard bullies. How many times does Bill have to say he's wrong. Just move on.

[/QUOTE]

1) You said he never mentioned the heal. He did and now you move the goalposts.

2) He has not admitted he was wrong; in fact he continues the relentless claims.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Papi is 11 for 15, and one of his outs was the HR that was robbed by Beltran!

Never seen anything like this.

Some decline!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Agree-with-Dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bill-806 has explained himself perfectly in recent months. He claims that his agenda here is to be humorous and entertaining. He says that he is well aware that his humor might be wrongly mistaken for Ortiz bashing or bashing of all players, the front office, or the team in general.  Bill also likes Softlaw because Softlaw is also trying to be funny - humorous. Why get mad at forum comedians? Isn't that a waste of time? It is really stupid, futile, and a waste of time to debate someone who claims to be a comedian.

[/QUOTE]

Why waste your time being a BILL and softy apologist?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to Agree-with-Dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bill-806 has explained himself perfectly in recent months. He claims that his agenda here is to be humorous and entertaining. He says that he is well aware that his humor might be wrongly mistaken for Ortiz bashing or bashing of all players, the front office, or the team in general.  Bill also likes Softlaw because Softlaw is also trying to be funny - humorous. Why get mad at forum comedians? Isn't that a waste of time? It is really stupid, futile, and a waste of time to debate someone who claims to be a comedian.

[/QUOTE]

61 posts, so we'll forgive your ignorance.  When a guy makes a blatantly racist joke, or bashes relentlessly on gays, & passes it off as "humor," is it ipso facto humor?  When a guy makes statements like, "nothing good has ever comes out of Mexico."  Lil' Billy cerca June 2013, and seems to have a problem with latinos because of his constant &  subtly denegratory comments about most latinos, is that humor in your book?  When Softy, Bill, & 67 take every opportunity to work themselves into a lather over the slightest hint of racial or homosexual based socio-political issue, then go on to demean, dehumanize, & ridicule said minorities over the course of the past 5+ years (that we know of), then fain shock at being "attacked," one is starkly reminded of the Menendez Brothers.  These fine young lads killed their parents to free up the family jewels, then were defended by many a silly old woman with cries of......  "I feel so bad for them!  Don't you understand that their parents are both gone?  They have nobody left in this world."   LOL    

Stick around!  You'll get up to speed.....

The other issue you are unaware of, is billy's penchant for starting 10 annoying threads per day.  He's cut way back, so good on him there, but when all this Papi bashing started way back in February, Lil' billy, Softy / Stiffy, & co. made it their life's mission to become the biggest trolls imaginable with respect to the Papi bashing.  It went far beyond simple 'tweaking,' or 'being funny,' as Lil' billy is want to pass it off as.  It was absolutely sociopathic.  Far from being humorous, it was designed to suck up to his mentor Stiffy, and his 10 thread per day Papi bashing went to epic proportions......

Hey!  I had no problem with it, other than the multiple thread issue.  I enjoyed slapping him down.

As for now, billy is simply going to have to ride out the storm......  He is merely reaping what he sowed.  Too bad so sad!  Strap it on billy, you're gonna get rippen hard & put away....

When you have a strange and perseverant sense of what is funny, guys are going to never let it go.  It's one thing if a guy makes an occasional gaff.  It's quite another when a guy makes a habit out of being obnoxious, then tries to pass it off as "being funny" at the 11th hour.

Other than that, I have no problem with Lil' billy.  His mentor Stiffy is quite another animal.  His hate filled rants are legendary.  One question???  What can you say about somebody who sings that kind of person's praises ad nauseum?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

...and softy's "I've been Papi's biggest supporter" line is like the racist who says,

"I have a lot of black friends, so I can't be a racist."

It's no coincidence on why Papi was the chosen one by these two clowns.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts