Rumors of Papi's Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated !

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

Re: Rumors of Papi's Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated !

In response to LionSean's comment:

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Not at all !!!  Just reporting what I heard.... Heck, @ 737B A , PAPI was on base soooo much that he should be sore !!!   Why should someone be questioned in the "face of truth" !!! I will never understand that !!!

Did the report say it was his heal that was sore?

Besides, why keep harping on his health status, when he has continuously performed at a high level all year long, even when playing hurt?

why do you care really? everyone in this forum talks about player health. Bill didn't say the heel was sore he said they are checking for soreness, like the report stated. Why don't you go nit pick on every other health report. Whose really harping here?

Undecided

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

i think it's pretty safe to say that you can go ahead and credit Bill as the losing pitcher in this one and move on to the post game show Tongue Out

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Not at all !!!  Just reporting what I heard.... Heck, @ 737B A , PAPI was on base soooo much that he should be sore !!!   Why should someone be questioned in the "face of truth" !!! I will never understand that !!!

Besides, why keep harping on his health status, when he has continuously performed at a high level all year long, even when playing hurt?

why do you care really? everyone in this forum talks about player health. Bill didn't say the heel was sore he said they are checking for soreness, like the report stated. Why don't you go nit pick on every other health report. Whose really harping here?

BILL has been questioning Papi's heel all year out of some sort of blind loyalty to softy's claim that Papi needed to rest once a week or he'd end up on the DL.

Yes, he did mention Papi's heel in his previous post...

For the record.......  I think that B-806 has done many TEBOW's since the end of August.....  Also, thought that I heard late last night on NESN's rapup that the Sox were watching PAPI's feet/heel for sorness.... Should beable to get thru one more game !!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

i think it's pretty safe to say that you can go ahead and credit Bill as the losing pitcher in this one and move on to the post game show Tongue Out

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Film at 11:00

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

BILL has been questioning Papi's heel all year out of some sort of blind loyalty to softy's claim that Papi needed to rest once a week or he'd end up on the DL.

For the record.......  I think that B-806 has done many TEBOW's since the end of August.....  Also, thought that I heard late last night on NESN's rapup that the Sox were watching PAPI's feet/heel for sorness.... Should beable to get thru one more game !!!

Exactly.

We don't "nitpick" on every health report, because no one else started a "Player A is hurt/hobbled and/or finished" thread, after every 0-fer game said player had.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

The good thing is that, even if it is falling off, the heel no longer matters.  Having now completed the metaphysical transformation to demi-God, the mighty deity Big Papi's heel is merely a casing for a blinding current of universal energy.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Exactly.

We don't "nitpick" on every health report, because no one else started a "Player A is hurt/hobbled and/or finished" thread, after every 0-fer game said player had.

really? see any Buccholz discussion. Bill simply repeated a report from NESN. Give him  and the forum a break. You people just seem to thrive on drama and really seem like schoolyard bullies. How many times does Bill have to say he's wrong. Just move on.

And you seem to insert yourself in the middle of it, since you got here.

Pot meet kettle...

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Exactly.

really? see any Buccholz discussion. Bill simply repeated a report from NESN. Give him  and the forum a break. You people just seem to thrive on drama and really seem like schoolyard bullies. How many times does Bill have to say he's wrong. Just move on.

Pot meet kettle...

one thing I noticed I can count on. Whatever time of day I comment fourb's or his gf will be right there within seconds.  #Gatekeepers?Surprised

I'm pretty sure you commented to me first, but whatever blows your skirt up...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

LionSean, i see you have a joined date of September so you have been spared the DAYS, MONTHS, SEASONS, YEARS of bill trolling Papi.  so maybe your patience is not used up on this topic yet.  anyone that's been around for awhile is simply sick and tired of Bill's tired, ignorant, racist, silly attacks on ortiz.  the dude is well on his way to giving us Sox fans a 3rd Championship in our lifetimes. 

Bill has earned every post attacking his character.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

LionSean, i see you have a joined date of September so you have been spared the DAYS, MONTHS, SEASONS, YEARS of bill trolling Papi.  so maybe your patience is not used up on this topic yet.  anyone that's been around for awhile is simply sick and tired of Bill's tired, ignorant, racist, silly attacks on ortiz.  the dude is well on his way to giving us Sox fans a 3rd Championship in our lifetimes. 

Bill has earned every post attacking his character.

LionSean isn't new.  He's just a new name for jackbu, the guy who started the '71 games' thread about Papi and who was banned in September.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

His numbers are so insane right now, if the Cards end up winning and Ortiz manages to get a couple of hits in those losses, he could still win WS MVP hands down.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Yeah, I mean who cares what silly Bill has said about Papi and, in the end, Papi's actions make Bill look incredibly stupid.  So why beat a dead horse?

But, then again, science is science.  every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

Bill spent a bizarrely inordinate amount of time predicting Papi's demise, disparaging his work ethic, and disrespecting him in a myriad of ways.

It should be expected that he get his comeuppance for a bizarrely inordinate amount of time.

That's just physics.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Haters be D****d!!!! Papi may be a leading contender for WS MVP.  

All this started because he had a 2 week slump back in August.  I don't know if you haters hate Papi so much you need any excuse to trash him or if your resolve is so thin you turn on players in a heart beat. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

thanks tho I can only go by what I see. The very first comment I made was followed up with 2013 and 4b declaring I was this jack person. Fact is I don't think 2013 knows anything about baseball since her comments don't reflect that. All I know is I see that bill has apologized left and right and still the kicking goes on. don't you think that is odd?

well, there are alot of posters that get booted and come back under a new name.  it happens all the time and apparently you post similar to jackbu. 

bill apologizes and still manages to insult papi within the apology.  what you deem as innocent, most see as another sly attempt at disparaging ortiz. 

question - are you jackbu?  If not, were you previously a poster on this board that was banned? If so, what was your previous screenname?

or was September 2013 your very first post on this website?

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

thanks tho I can only go by what I see. The very first comment I made was followed up with 2013 and 4b declaring I was this jack person. Fact is I don't think 2013 knows anything about baseball since her comments don't reflect that. All I know is I see that bill has apologized left and right and still the kicking goes on. don't you think that is odd?

well, there are alot of posters that get booted and come back under a new name.  it happens all the time and apparently you post similar to jackbu. 

bill apologizes and still manages to insult papi within the apology.  what you deem as innocent, most see as another sly attempt at disparaging ortiz. 

question - are you jackbu?  If not, were you previously a poster on this board that was banned? If so, what was your previous screenname?

september was my first time on this forum. I followed a link here from an article I was reading. Seemed cool so commented and was promptly accused of being the infamous jack. gave up for a week or so but then tried again and decided to just fight the false assumption. I am not jack and I don't understand the comment about me posting similar to jack. Sorry can't change the way I write.

L-Sean, FWIW, you don't strike me as Jackbu.  There is a lot of weird conspiratorial paranoia around here about posters being other posters.  Some of it is warranted (certain people getting banned all the time and coming back with new screennames).  But, the amount of Jackbu and Babe accusations that are way off base is truly funny.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

you have a better chance of sitting in John Henry's seats tomorrow than getting an honest answer.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

Exactly.

Pot meet kettle...

one thing I noticed I can count on. Whatever time of day I comment fourb's or his gf will be right there within seconds.  #Gatekeepers?Surprised

you ever stop to think fourb's could be my girlfriend? Wink

you've been wrong before  

go take your fake family to wendy's

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts