Rumors of Papi's Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated !

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Rumors of Papi's Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated !

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Here are some quotes from 'jackbu' from his '71 games' thread - his posts were deleted but parts of them are still there quoted by other posters.

All I can say when I read a post like this is wow, there really are some ignorant people out there." That is a stat that someone desperate to hold on to the past would use. Ortiz isn't close to being the player ted was. Sorry if my facts ruffle the girls in the crowd. Anything I post here are facts and not made up. Ortiz missed 71 games this season and there is the chance that this will be the way next season. I am not about to offer a 37 year old a multi year contract, especially when we see other older players breaking down in a hurry. Despite what he did before the injury, those are the numbers he ended with the season. Those are the numbers the owners should base their offer on.

Ortiz will no doubt miss a lot of games next season.  He will no doubt go 2 for 20 many times.  He will also get his hits and homers but they will be once again off bad teams and bad pitchers.

The sox did not get their 14.5 million worth from Ortiz this past season.  You are a pink hat fan if you think they did. Obviously there is a problem in the negotiations, because the talks aren't moving along as fast as first reported.

Here is a quote from 'The4040Club' from this thread.

There is no doubt Ortiz had a good year.  But it is fair to bring up that he is having a tough time against good pitching.  Possibly the second time around will be a charm.  The first time around against detroit starters has him batting 0.00.  Not a good stat for a clutch player.

Here is a quote from 'LionSean' from this thread.

Cause he is paid to be an offensive player. That is all he is paid to do and he's choking. 8 players in the lineup have better averages than your hero.

Besides someone has to bring the pink hat Ortiz hero worshippers back to reality. Only a pink hat would be giddy about a home run from a guy whose gone 1 for 15 in a championship series.

4040Club and LionSean showed up at the same time jackbu disappeared.

Same guy. 

One of the dumbest and bravest posters here. Dumb because, well you can just read and see. And brave because he hid behind a keyboard calling grown men girls, amongst other things. Thats a coward/troll.

404 already tried to come at me once and I had a feeling it might be that loser. He said to me, "Your the one that lives and dies by stats". This really shows his ignorance because I was the one person here telling people not to trust the defensive stats on Drew, he was a much better defender than that. whoever jackbu is now, hes learned not to mess with me here. The Mods understand who he is too. Not sure on the other name you mentioned.

Everytime Papi went 0-4, jack was talking how Iggy was as good of a hitter as him. Really? And he really thinks Iggy is a .300 hitter? If he knew the game little better (which he doesnt), you certainly wouldnt have to read some of the garbage that comes from him. Hopefully he can keep it in check or he'll be thinking of a new name again.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well MR MOON, this is the 950th post since you started the thread on April 21st .......  Maybe by demand, we should keep it going into 2014 !!!   Ya think ???

[/QUOTE]

I think on the 1,000th post, you should finally admit you were wrong about Papi, then, now, and going forward. Then this post can finally end.

(Waiting for a mea culpa from softy is futile.)

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Well MR MOON, this is the 950th post since you started the thread on April 21st .......  Maybe by demand, we should keep it going into 2014 !!!   Ya think ???

[/QUOTE]

I think on the 1,000th post, you should finally admit you were wrong about Papi, then, now, and going forward. Then this post can finally end.

[/QUOTE]  Mr MOOn, There is more than enough evidence on this board that indicates that I have given PAPI his due many times............   Now, perhaps you can concur to that !!!!

[/QUOTE]

Hmmmmm.....I like where this is going.  Hey Bill....how about saying that you're sorry for flooding the board daily with new posts all season long about how lousy Papi is was a MISTAKE, that you're SORRY for doing that and that you'll NEVER DO THAT AGAIN.  If you do that.....then maybe we can all move on.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Kingface12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]  Mr MOOn, There is more than enough evidence on this board that indicates that I have given PAPI his due many times............   Now, perhaps you can concur to that !!!!

[/QUOTE]

Hmmmmm.....I like where this is going.  Hey Bill....how about saying that you're sorry for flooding the board daily with new posts all season long about how lousy Papi is was a MISTAKE, that you're SORRY for doing that and that you'll NEVER DO THAT AGAIN.  If you do that.....then maybe we can all move on.

[/QUOTE] SORRY ? SORRY ??  SORRY ???   I might as well say that "the BIG O" is a great President !!!!     Its time to "moveon.org" !!!

[/QUOTE]

Sorry followed by a question mark doesn't do it for me....  Sincerity Bill!!  Come on!!  You're sooooooo close!!!!!!  You can do it!!!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Mr MOOn, There is more than enough evidence on this board that indicates that I have given PAPI his due many times............   Now, perhaps you can concur to that !!!!

Respectfully, no you haven't. Almost anytime you show a little praise towards Papi, it is about one game or event, and you quickly follow it with a warning that his "heal may not hold up", or "anyday the injury could happen", or "if he could only do this versus good pitching" type nonsense.

You still do not believe Papi is for real. You still think his heal is about to end his career at any moment. You still wish "the next Carlton Fisk" is our DH for 2014. You have no faith in Papi. You are waiting for that moment he actually does decline or get hurt, and we will then see so many "I told you so's" it will make even softy's head spin.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

[QUOTE]

Mr MOOn, There is more than enough evidence on this board that indicates that I have given PAPI his due many times............   Now, perhaps you can concur to that !!!!

Respectfully, no you haven't. Almost anytime you show a little praise towards Papi, it is about one game or event, and you quickly follow it with a warning that his "heal may not hold up", or "anyday the injury could happen", or "if he could only do this versus good pitching" type nonsense.

You still do not believe Papi is for real. You still think his heal is about to end his career at any moment. You still wish "the next Carlton Fisk" is our DH for 2014. You have no faith in Papi. You are waiting for that moment he actually does decline or get hurt, and we will then see so many "I told you so's" it will make even softy's head spin.

[/QUOTE]

Yep....that's a BINGO!! 

Bill....you may think that moon is over-reacting but the reason he is writing this is because that is what you have done ALL SEASON LONG IN ONE OF THE MOST HISTORIC SEASONS OF ALL TIME.  It almost was like you were trying to ruin this great season.  That's why people challenge your love for the Sox....or why nobody other than the nut job 67 supports you. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Spare me, please ..........   This demonizing is right out of the DEM-PLAYBOOK !!!!   Enough......  I am down & can't get up !!!  What ever happened to the "right of OPINION " ????

[/QUOTE]

Ooooooooooo......swing and a miss.......  Oh well.....Looks like it's back to beating up on Bill...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Spare me, please ..........   This demonizing is right out of the DEM-PLAYBOOK !!!!   Enough......  I am down & can't get up !!!  What ever happened to the "right of OPINION " ????

BILL, the "demonizing" is from your playbook on Papi.

I'm not sure why you have felt the need to drop so much hate on our hero, and I won't speculate why. All I know is that you and softy have dropped enough hate on Papi this year, you have cornered the market on "demonizing".

(BTW, what do you call what you, softy and others are doing to the Big O? A lovefest?)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] SORRY ? SORRY ??  SORRY ???   I might as well say that "the BIG O" is a great President !!!!     Its time to "moveon.org" !!!

[/QUOTE]

HEY 67...WHO IS BRINGING POLITICS INTO THIS THREAD?  THE RIGHT, LEFT, OR MIDDLE?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Like Bill I posted some stats which you did not want to read.  I also put up a thread congrating him on his post season games.

The only "stat" BILL has posted is after Papi goes oh for 4, he says, "Papi went oh for 4 and is on his way out."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

This would be a good time for Papi to go out.   I'd hate to see it because I think he has some more in the tank, but it's getting there rather quickly now.  Players don't last forever.  On the other hand only a fool would critize him when he does tail off.  it's going to happen.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Spare me, please ..........   This demonizing is right out of the DEM-PLAYBOOK !!!!   Enough......  I am down & can't get up !!!  What ever happened to the "right of OPINION " ????

[/QUOTE]

I haven't beenhere much for a couple of days and I see Bill is still at it, still dragging politics onto the sports board in his last two consecutive posts.

If you want to talk politics go to the politics board but if you continue to what you're doing you will NEVER have any credibility here.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Bill owes the board an apology for trolling on Papi most of the season - it's that simple. Make the apology and everyone can move on. 

Of course he won't but we move on anyway. 

Bill, the "right of opinion" doesn't actually exist. But for the record it wasn't your opinion on Papi that bothered me and others, it was your relentless trolling of that opinion. 

Clearly you were totally wrong in your trolling on Papi and a simple "I'm sorry" gets the job done just fine. 

No need to bring politics into it, but if you want to do that, be careful, the right is expert at demonizing others just as you continue to demonize our president... the stench of your hypocrisy is amazing.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

It's like softy saying he was Papi's biggest supporter right before calling him a "punch and judy hitter" with the same "bat speed as Iggy".

(Let's not forget that softy also wanted Papi to fake an injury back in 2010, so he could be sent to AAA on a "rehab" assignment, while most of us just wanted him moved to the 5 or 6 slot in the line-up.)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Will Papi be the next Mike Lowell?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

???

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

???

[/QUOTE]

Mike Lowell was the WS MVP in '07.

Theo apparently felt pressure to sign Lowell to a 3 year deal.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:
    [QUOTE]

It would be nice to see softy and jackbu take responsibility for their Ortiz rants

jackbu/the4040club needs to get a set instead of pretending he's been an Ortiz fan

[/QUOTE]

+1000

john...errr, jack, Comes here and tells people "your cage gets rattled too easily" to make the little troll feel like hes doing his job. problem is, Im way too comfortable in life and with myself to let a career forum troll rattle anything about me. Its cute that he thinks hes able to "rattle my cage" though. hey, if it makes the little giuy feel better about himself, Im secure enough to let him think hes doing that to me.

By the way, Is there a reason I cant see his posts anymore?

Sections
Shortcuts