Rumors of Papi's Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated !

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Rumors of Papi's Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated !

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

clarification ........... 38 going on 45 !!!!!

No, actually, it's more like 38 going on 33.

Age 35-38 (2011-2014)  .282/.376/.510/886 161 HRs  513 RBI

Age 32-34 (2008-2010)  .257/.356/.498/854 83 HRs  237 RBI

Sox4ever

[/QUOTE]MOON,  You are quick, I will give you that !!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

clarification ........... 38 going on 45 !!!!!

No, actually, it's more like 38 going on 33.

Age 35-38 (2011-2014)  .282/.376/.510/886 161 HRs  513 RBI

Age 32-34 (2008-2010)  .257/.356/.498/854 83 HRs  237 RBI

Sox4ever

[/QUOTE]

MOON,  You are quick, I will give you that !!

[/QUOTE]

It's not hard to see what Papi has been doing after age 35 (or whatever age you choose to think he is). The facts are staring you right in the face and have been for years.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Ortiz and Lackey, both got into better shape at later ages, and it's paid off for both.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ortiz and Lackey, both got into better shape at later ages, and it's paid off for both.

[/QUOTE]

Danny, Ortiz is in pretty good shape now and I have said many times that tv is not his friend.  Once at the games he looks much better than on tv.  If you want to see him at his peak, sit down and watch Fever Pitch.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Totally agree, Ortiz though had more weight back in his '04/07 days. He was a slim-jim in 2012.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

[QUOTE]

Totally agree, Ortiz though had more weight back in his '04/07 days. He was a slim-jim in 2012.

[/QUOTE]

he wasn't bad last year either.  I got to get up close to him a few times at games.  He looked good and not too many guys his size do look good in a tight baseball uniform.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

yes, what he did was drop the Steroid milkshake weight that he had. He's looking actually closer to when he first was with Minnesota. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Look at Bonds post career. He actually looks like a human being again instead of Big Head. He's slim and he's always really was on the thin side until the Giants.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

yes, what he did was drop the Steroid milkshake weight that he had. He's looking actually closer to when he first was with Minnesota. 

O boy danny, as much as we all know how much you like David, that comment will not go over well with the author of this thread and a few others.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

[QUOTE]

Look at Bonds post career. He actually looks like a human being again instead of Big Head. He's slim and he's always really was on the thin side until the Giants.

[/QUOTE]

He got his normal good looks back

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to steven11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

O boy danny, as much as we all know how much you like David, that comment will not go over well with the author of this thread and a few others.

[/QUOTE]

Honestly..I think anyone who believes..at this point..that Ortiz wasn't doing peds probably still believes in Santa Clause and the tooth fairy.

Papi is one of us..so it is our job as Red Sox Nation to "wink, wink, nod, nod " and look the other way.

Besides..he's not doing them now and is doing pretty good.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Honestly..I think anyone who believes..at this point..that Ortiz wasn't doing peds probably still believes in Santa Clause and the tooth fairy.

Papi is one of us..so it is our job as Red Sox Nation to "wink, wink, nod, nod " and look the other way.

[/QUOTE]

Cricket:  Bookmark this page and reference it the next time 4b's wants proof of positive Ortiz posts.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Well, I'm a realist. I can't pretend Ortiz wasn't one of many, many, many ballplayers using. In defense of both Manny and Ortiz, they really were and are great, great hitters (Bonds was first-ballot Hall of Fame anyway) and the extra juice turned them into a little more of the deep power threats. Ortiz though has been fantastic in this supposed post-Steroid world. I'm just hoping we don't find out later that he was doing some other "medicine" in these final Sox years. That would kill us all I guess.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

Danny:  I doubt he has been doing anything the last several years, his body just doesn't look it.  He has turned into a smart older player who will make you pay if you throw him the wrong pitch.  He studies the pitchers as the game goes on and if you let him hang around long enough, he will burn you.

This why I say after 6 or 7 pitches, I would just put him on and after three at bats, I would walk him too.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Amazing how many times people pitch to Ortiz when they should IBB him. As sad as it is to say, Detroit, St. Louis were simply idiots to pitch to him at all.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I felt that way about Manny too. There were times that I was laughing when they would pitch to Manny with a base open or in a situation where not pitching to him made more sense.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]

Well, I'm a realist. I can't pretend Ortiz wasn't one of many, many, many ballplayers using. In defense of both Manny and Ortiz, they really were and are great, great hitters (Bonds was first-ballot Hall of Fame anyway) and the extra juice turned them into a little more of the deep power threats. Ortiz though has been fantastic in this supposed post-Steroid world. I'm just hoping we don't find out later that he was doing some other "medicine" in these final Sox years. That would kill us all I guess.

[/QUOTE]

Yes...one has to be a realist in these things. I agree that many players who really didn't need steroids took them for the extra edge. To bad an entire era is tainted because of it.

I agree with Steven. I doubt Ortiz is doing anything funny in these final years. I think he just got himself into good shape to help the rest of his body.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Cricket:  Bookmark this page and reference it the next time 4b's wants proof of positive Ortiz posts.

[/QUOTE]

Haha Steven..you are too funny :-)  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

Out of yesterday's loss another step up for Big Papi..

Ortiz has 535 doubles. 35th all-time. One more than Jeter(presently) and Gehrig .

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ortiz has 535 doubles. 35th all-time. One more than Jeter(presently) and Gehrig .

[/QUOTE]Time to re-do the CONTRACT  !!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Time to re-do the CONTRACT  !!!

[/QUOTE]

No need for a re-do my friend. I'll be happy to see him finish out the one he has and retire a Red Sox.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

"We had a conversation and (John) asked me how I feel about it," said Ortiz. "I said I just don’t feel like taking those guys places. I don’t think it's fair. To have guys like Nelson Cruz, and Victor and Encarnacion having unbelievable season; they don’t have as many All-Star games as I have. Just keep it real. They're having better seasons than I am and deserve it."

Wow, what a selfish guy, always thinking about himself...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"We had a conversation and (John) asked me how I feel about it," said Ortiz. "I said I just don’t feel like taking those guys places. I don’t think it's fair. To have guys like Nelson Cruz, and Victor and Encarnacion having unbelievable season; they don’t have as many All-Star games as I have. Just keep it real. They're having better seasons than I am and deserve it."

Wow, what a selfish guy, always thinking about himself...

[/QUOTE]

What a losah!! LOL

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Yeah, he had to yell at MLB execs, who wanted him for promotional purposes. The execs said he was selfish for not playing. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

Boston Red Sox ‏@RedSox 13m

Big Papi clears the bases with a 3-run double. Lead is now 8-1! #RedSox score 5 runs in the 6th.

Sections
Shortcuts