Rumors of Papi's Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated !

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Re: Rumors of Papi's Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated !

In response to softlaw2's comment:

I agree with putting Ortiz back on the shelf, as he'll go on the DL if they don't keep around 100 games work load. He's a part-time player from here until the end of that 2 year contract.

Do you EVER have anything good to say?

EVERY post of yours is dripping with negativity.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I agree with putting Ortiz back on the shelf, as he'll go on the DL if they don't keep around 100 games work load. He's a part-time player from here until the end of that 2 year contract.

Papi played in 145 or more games in 7 of 8 years before last year. Suddenly, softy the doctor... err, I mean, softy the clown knows he's only good for 100 games a year and trying for more risks a season ending injury.

Papi is not Jed or Jake. Papi is also just a DH.

Sure, he may get hurt, and softy will cheer wildly in an ego fueled 3 month rant,  but Papi could easily play 125-135 games this year and 135-150 next year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Bane_Capital's comment:

Rumors of Softlaw having a clue have also been greatly exaggerated.

I wasn't aware of the rumor circulating anywhere. Provide a link, please.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

I don't buy it...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

I don't buy it...

Maybe there's a link to some white supremicist group that speaks to his having a clue, if so, I stand corrected.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

It's a positive to say, and see, that managment realizes that Ortiz is a part-time player who can produce in that role. If they tried to use him full-time, he will break down.

Frankly, I'm surprised that management has a handle on that, and I appluad them for it.

Which is a compliment to what Ortiz can still do.  They want/need him healthy if this team is going to do anything in 2013.  So they need to give him occasional rest to ensure he stays healthy.

This team, for sure, has health issues.  However, if Napoli, Victorino, Ortiz, Dempster all stay healthy (which is a long shot), this team can compete.

Who knows, maybe after having two years with terrible injury luck, the pendulum will swing the other way.  Personally, Im loving the Red Sox this year, but I'm also worried about the wear and tear of a 162 game season due to the ages/health of our players.

Just trying to balance the natural optimism that comes with starting the year with a > .700 winning percentage with realism.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

It's a positive to say, and see, that managment realizes that Ortiz is a part-time player who can produce in that role. If they tried to use him full-time, he will break down.

Frankly, I'm surprised that management has a handle on that, and I appluad them for it.

Which is a compliment to what Ortiz can still do.  They want/need him healthy if this team is going to do anything in 2013.  So they need to give him occasional rest to ensure he stays healthy.

This team, for sure, has health issues.  However, if Napoli, Victorino, Ortiz, Dempster all stay healthy (which is a long shot), this team can compete.

Who knows, maybe after having two years with terrible injury luck, the pendulum will swing the other way.  Personally, Im loving the Red Sox this year, but I'm also worried about the wear and tear of a 162 game season due to the ages/health of our players.

Just trying to balance the natural optimism that comes with starting the year with a > .700 winning percentage with realism.

Everyone realizes we are a couple injuries away from being in trouble. I do not thibnk anyone is being unreasonably optimistic about our chances this year. Your warning is logical, but softy is not a "balnacing" force: he is 100% negative, and never tempers any staetements or positions. It's all black and white with no gray for the clown.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

David Ortiz: The ONLY current Red Sox player from the 2004 Championship team

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Id Papi can play 120-30 games this year, I will consider it a success. I think he will play more though.

Hes proved year after year to be a vital part of this organization. Besides being hit in th wrist with a pitch, this is his only other injury. At his age there is some concern, but how they handle him this year will greatly affect next year as well as this year. I think they are handling the situation correctly so far.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Id Papi can play 120-30 games this year, I will consider it a success. I think he will play more though.

Hes proved year after year to be a vital part of this organization. Besides being hit in th wrist with a pitch, this is his only other injury. At his age there is some concern, but how they handle him this year will greatly affect next year as well as this year. I think they are handling the situation correctly so far.

His age and size are concerns, but you are right, his injury history is near void. There's no reason to think he is, all of a sudden, going to be nagged by injuries. plus, as a DH, he can play through minor injuries.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Papi played in 145 or more games in 7 of 8 years before last year. Suddenly, softy the doctor... err, I mean, softy the clown knows he's only good for 100 games a year and trying for more risks a season ending injury.

Last year is more important, for a player as old as Ortiz who has been on the shelf in that "last year". I think managment knows he's only going to be productive and stay off the DL if they use him for less than 75% of the season.

Papi is not Jed or Jake. Papi is also just a DH.

You were claiming that Wakefield had a 2M dollar market, in 2012, and since he threw the goofball that he could go years, not just one more year.

Sure, he may get hurt, and softy will cheer wildly in an ego fueled 3 month rant, but Papi could easily play 125-135 games this year and 135-150 next year.

No chance Ortiz starts for 135 games next year, and he's already missed 18 games, this year! In order to start 125 games, he needs to start in almost 90% of the remaining 133 games. That means he can't sit for more than one game a week over the next 5 months. At 125 games, which I doubt he'll do, it will be the second year in a row that he's a part-time profile for someone who only DH's.

If the managment is competent, they will shoot for about 110 to 120 games, max, for Ortiz. And the same goes for next year, which is most likely going to get uglier on the roster purpose issue.

You'll be a happy man if and when Papi goes on the DL.

Sad clown.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Since Papi came back from the injury, he has played in 8 games out of 10 (in 11 days).

That's an 80% clip. If he continues at that rate and stays healthy, he'll end up at about 106 games played.

My guess is he'll play over 90% of the games, if he stays healthy. That would put him at about 120 games. I would not be surprised to see him play in at least 125-130 games (some as a PH'er) this year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Papi was 1 for 4 last night: I expected some DFA threads today.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

That ball he launched today is now passing th Alamo.

Weak opponent in a hitter's park. It's a fluke. He is now a "banjo hitter".

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Haha..isn't Darvish the ace of the Rangers' staff? I guess that "Ortiz only hits off of weak pitchers" theory was tested today.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to ms_obstinate's comment:

In response to miscricket's comment:

Haha..isn't Darvish the ace of the Rangers' staff? I guess that "Ortiz only hits off of weak pitchers" theory was tested today.

bu bu wrong again

shocking

Should we be the least bit surprised?

Not in the least. I have to give credit where it's due. Never..and I mean never..in my life have I come across a person who is so consistenly wrong..on just about everything! That is quite an accomplishment I guess.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I was mocking softy the clown.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I was mocking softy the clown.

Hi Moonsalv...I got it. I was attempting to mock him with you :-)

Sections
Shortcuts