Rumors of Papi's Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated !

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Re: Rumors of Papi's Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated !

In response to southpaw777's comment:

In response to moonslav59's comment:

The guy is driving in runs at a much higher rate than any season of his career:

(Small sample size not with standing)

2013: 31/117  .265

2012: 60/383  .157

2011: 96/605  .159

2010: 102/606  .168

2009: 99/627   .158

2008: 89/491  .181

2007: 117/667  .175

2006: 137/686  .200

2005: 148/713  .208

2004: 139/669  .208

2003: 101/509  .198

Yeah, we sure need to start sitting this guy more.

When you have Vic and Pedey getting on base as much as they are, its no wonder why hes got and should have a lot of RBI this year.

predicting rbi, like some on certain Papi threads are doing is almost useless if he doesnt have those chances to drive them in. Thats totally reliant on the batters in front of him and their base running abilities. Off hand, I dont know what his BA and other stats are with runners on or in scoring position, but I think Im safe to assume they are very good.

Not including tonight: 

RISP .375 .435 .600 1.035

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Tiny sample sizes here:

Sox RISP: BA/OPS

Papi  .375/1.035

Nava .357/.962

Gomes .231/.940

Naploi .298/.920

Iggy    .400/.900

Drew  .258/.849

Vict     .346/.822

Carp   .308/.819

Men on:

Carp  1.009

Nava   .994

Naps   .949

Papi   .936

Pedey  .819

Late & Close:

Pedey  .921

Nava    .884

Papi     .859

Ellsb    .820

Naps    .771

Midd    .758

Gomes .750

Drew   .683

Salty   .629

Vict     .400

Carp   .091

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

bump the bozo

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

13 days: 13 games played before tonight's 2 for 4 with a 2B and BB.

BA .354  

OBP .446

SLG .624

OPS 1.071

AB 48 

HR 

RBI 17

What say you, BILL?

We know softy's praying for an injury, so he can finally end his losing streak, but what about you BILL? 

Can you believe now?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

BA .354  

OBP .446

SLG .624

OPS 1.071

AB 48 

HR 

RBI 17

What say you, BILL?

We know softy's praying for an injury, so he can finally end his losing streak, but what about you BILL? 

Can you believe now?

Thanks MOON......  I said about 2 weeks ago that DAD & BILL-806 had some EGG on our face......  "CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE" !!!   I never thought that he would beable to rebound from the HEEL......  That being said, I will take the "good" that he can do, while reserving the right to say "I told you so", if & when he breaks down.......  Not sure how he got the "HEEL" better, but he is one lucky guy that it responded well !!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Not sure how he got the "HEEL" better, but he is one lucky guy that it responded well !!!!

Not sure? Sheesh -- you're the "doctor" who knew so much about Ortiz's health. Here's a hint. Injuries do get better. His biggest problem this spring wasn't the original injury. It was stress put on his feet after a long layoff because of the original injury. So like anything else, all that gets better (not worse) as the season has progressed and his body gets in better shape.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

Not sure how he got the "HEEL" better, but he is one lucky guy that it responded well !!!!

Not sure? Sheesh -- you're the "doctor" who knew so much about Ortiz's health. Here's a hint. Injuries do get better. His biggest problem this spring wasn't the original injury. It was stress put on his feet after a long layoff because of the original injury. So like anything else, all that gets better (not worse) as the season has progressed and his body gets in better shape.

ROY!NINER...............  Yes, injuries do get better............ HOWEVAA, as i have sid since last summer, PAPI 37 going on 42 @ 275LB's had no business rebounding from that HEEL, and was very lucky that he as so far.......  Also, as Dan Shaunesy would say, there has been a "history" of the past...... So be it, I will take what he can give us, till he can't give any more !!!  BTW, SLOW as HEEL on the base paths.....

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

BA .354  

OBP .446

SLG .624

OPS 1.071

AB 48 

HR 

RBI 17

What say you, BILL?

Can you believe now?

Thanks MOON......  I said about 2 weeks ago that DAD & BILL-806 had some EGG on our face......  "CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE" !!!   I never thought that he would beable to rebound from the HEEL......  That being said, I will take the "good" that he can do, while reserving the right to say "I told you so", if & when he breaks down.......  Not sure how he got the "HEEL" better, but he is one lucky guy that it responded well !!!!

Sorry Bill.

You being so far off base on this one removes any rights you think you may have to future "I told you so's"

I know you live for those, but you blew it.

Let it go.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

ROY!NINER...............  Yes, injuries do get better............ HOWEVAA, as i have sid since last summer, PAPI 37 going on 42 @ 275LB's had no business rebounding from that HEEL, and was very lucky that he as so far.......  Also, as Dan Shaunesy would say, there has been a "history" of the past...... So be it, I will take what he can give us, till he can't give any more !!!  BTW, SLOW as HEEL on the base paths.....

That is one truly idiotic post, Bill.  Too bad you couldn't just man up about being wrong.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Hard to be "wrong" on this issue, in late May.

I'm sure you could manage it.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

I took note that you think Ortiz will get injured very soon and miss the rest of the season.....

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

That is one truly idiotic post, Bill.  Too bad you couldn't just man up about being wrong.

It didn't look to idiotic back in FEB,MARCH, & April !!!   Then POOOOF, ALL BETTER !!!!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

I took note that you think Ortiz will get injured very soon and miss the rest of the season.....

I've noted that you think Ortiz will start in over 130 games. I've already noted that I think Ortiz will get injured unless his total season workload is limited to about 100 to 110 games.

Don't let the facts disrupt your prevaricating trolling.

I took note that you 'Love Bill to death'........

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

It didn't look to idiotic back in FEB,MARCH, & April !!!   Then POOOOF, ALL BETTER !!!!

No, it looked just as idiotic back then.  And 'Poof' nothing, the injury took a long time to heal in case you didn't notice.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

BA .354  

OBP .446

SLG .624

OPS 1.071

AB 48 

HR 

RBI 17

What say you, BILL?

Can you believe now?

Yes, unlike softy, you did admit you made a mistake.

About the heel... Papi is playing DH, BILL. Seriously, it's not much harder than doing the dishes, which can put great stress on your lower back, by the way.

On his days off, he takes batting practice and runs a little, I'm sure. That's really not much different from palying on a gameday.

Sure, he might get hurt, but not from longterm stress releated to playing in 14 of 15 games. If he is going to get hurt from exercising too much, then it can happen wether he plays or not.

The guy can hit. Nothing about this heel injury should change that fact.

Resting him once a week as the clown you call genius advocated will not help Papi, and may just take us out of playoff contention.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

He was saying Papi had a bad offensive day 2 weeks ago on the day after he said he should have rested. He hasn't rested since then, and has been on a tear.

Yes, softy is wrong in late May. Papi did great after softy said he needed rest and was suffering as a result of not gtetting it.

Now, if papi gets hurt any minute- softy will rejoice until kingdom comes. We'll never hear the end of it from this sick clown.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

BA .354  

OBP .446

SLG .624

OPS 1.071

AB 48 

HR 

RBI 17

What say you, BILL?

Can you believe now?

Yes, unlike softy, you did admit you made a mistake.

About the heel... Papi is playing DH, BILL. Seriously, it's not much harder than doing the dishes, which can put great stress on your lower back, by the way.

On his days off, he takes batting practice and runs a little, I'm sure. That's really not much different from palying on a gameday.

Sure, he might get hurt, but not from longterm stress releated to playing in 14 of 15 games. If he is going to get hurt from exercising too much, then it can happen wether he plays or not.

The guy can hit. Nothing about this heel injury should change that fact.

Resting him once a week as the clown you call genius advocated will not help Papi, and may just take us out of playoff contention.

SOFTY is not a clown........  Matter a fact, I wish that he was the President of these United States......   I would sleep better !!!!!

25. This post has been removed.