runs ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: runs ?

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

[QUOTE]

We are seeing some pretty weak at bats. It is a fallacy to say that seeing a lot of pitches constitutes a good at bat.  Not when you end up striking out. Not when you take strikes right down the middle, then chase pitches out of the zone. A pretty good hitter once said , " get a good pitch to hit and hit it hard."  Sometimes that could be the first pitch you see. Sometimes you have to me more aggressive. Some pitchers can make you look pretty bad when they get two strikes on you. We are seeing too much of that recently. Change up your approach every so often.

Stabbed by Foulke.

The Sox had 11 hits last night.

Tough to do with "weak at bats"

What they didn't get is a couple of key hits when they needed them.

[/QUOTE]

See, the key word there is " some ."   Some weak at bats. Did you not see some weak at bats with RISP?  I did. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Bad game, bad series at Toronto, bad road trip.  It happens.  Overall the team has good hitting and good hitting, but the road ahead is daunting. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Too many padded stats in blowouts to make them relevant.

When they get a hot pitcher against them, they wilt. Against good leftys, they

are helpless.

No consistent right handed power threats to back up Papi in the 5 spot. Teams don't have to pitch to him, with Gomes, Drew, Napoli or whoever has hit behind him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

We are seeing some pretty weak at bats. It is a fallacy to say that seeing a lot of pitches constitutes a good at bat.  Not when you end up striking out. Not when you take strikes right down the middle, then chase pitches out of the zone. A pretty good hitter once said , " get a good pitch to hit and hit it hard."  Sometimes that could be the first pitch you see. Sometimes you have to me more aggressive. Some pitchers can make you look pretty bad when they get two strikes on you. We are seeing too much of that recently. Change up your approach every so often.

Stabbed by Foulke.

The Sox had 11 hits last night.

Tough to do with "weak at bats"

What they didn't get is a couple of key hits when they needed them.

[/QUOTE]

See, the key word there is " some ."   Some weak at bats. Did you not see some weak at bats with RISP?  I did. 

[/QUOTE]

You can see "some weak at bats" in every game.

I don't see it an an underlying, chronic problem.

Sections
Shortcuts