Runs Allowed vs Yankees in the last two days

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Runs Allowed vs Yankees in the last two days

I am not a gloom and doom Sox fan, and don't want to take away from two very nice comeback wins against the Yankees, but giving up 18 runs in the last two games is a little bit concerning.

Yes, I do know that the Yankees can score runs and that they are playing at home, but 18 runs is a lot of runs and that means the pitching has not been very good.

A one or two night issue or possibly a longer term problem?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ncbosoxfan. Show ncbosoxfan's posts

Re: Runs Allowed vs Yankees in the last two days

In response to charliedarling's comment:

I am not a gloom and doom Sox fan, and don't want to take away from two very nice comeback wins against the Yankees, but giving up 18 runs in the last two games is a little bit concerning.

Yes, I do know that the Yankees can score runs and that they are playing at home, but 18 runs is a lot of runs and that means the pitching has not been very good.

A one or two night issue or possibly a longer term problem?

No question our pitching has had better days, but remember the Sawx are coming off one of the best runs of pitching seen in the AL this year, from August 19 to Sept 3 our staff allowed more than 3 runs ONCE! It does appear Doubrant may be hitting a wall and is pitching himself out of the playoff rotation, Tazawa looks done and night before I think could have been avoided if Farrell had sat Peavey to start the 7th with 110 pitches, and brought in Breslow rather than Thornton. You can find any team that has had some crashes for 2-3 games, but BoSox looking like either the best or close to the best pitching staff in baseball right now. That lineup the Yankees are trotting out there is very good right now with Soriano and Granderson playing. I think we'll be OK.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Always ups and downs during season, in both hitting and pitching. Long season.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I have good news: it was only 16 runs.

Seriously, this stuff just happens.  The Yankees pitching isn't as bad as we have made it look the last 2 nights either.  Also it seems like the ball is carrying extremely well.

Keep in mind we only allowed 8 runs in 3 games to the Tigers who have a better offence than the Yankees.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

It's a fair question, but if you look at who allowed the runs, it is a little less disconcerting.

Last night, it was Doubront and Rubby, and they probably won't be in the post-season.

On Thursday, Peavy allowed 4 ERs, which isn't terrible. and the BP allowed both baserunners to score.  Thornton had a bad game, but he's been pitching well, and everyone has to allow runs sooner or later.

Out of anyone that allowed a run, Tazawa is the only one that would concern me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Tazawa is certainly a concern.  Fortunately Workman seems to be really stepping up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Tazawa is certainly a concern.  Fortunately Workman seems to be really stepping up.

As we get a little closer, I hope we can give him and few others some down time.  Pedey has had one day off this year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

It's a fair question, but if you look at who allowed the runs, it is a little less disconcerting.

Last night, it was Doubront and Rubby, and they probably won't be in the post-season.

On Thursday, Peavy allowed 4 ERs, which isn't terrible. and the BP allowed both baserunners to score.  Thornton had a bad game, but he's been pitching well, and everyone has to allow runs sooner or later.

Out of anyone that allowed a run, Tazawa is the only one that would concern me.

Forgive me for splitting hairs but Peavy gave up two, but was charged with 4...the pen allowed two inherited runner to score.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Watching the game the other night, one of the commenters stated that Farrel was asked the question about Tazawa's recent woes and his answer to him was Taz's is fine physically, that his recent struggles are due to his losing command of his splitter. he might need a couple of days off to get a blow and perhaps throw a couple of pens on the side to regain his command of his grip and release point...fortunately we're now in a position that he can.

Sections
Shortcuts