Russell Martin hates the Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Russell Martin hates the Red Sox

From ESPNBoston.com:

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/7005688/new-york-yankees-russell-martin-hate-boston-red-sox

NEW YORK -- Adding fuel to baseball's bitterest rivalry, New York Yankees catcher Russell Martin said he hates the Boston Red Sox and would relish adding to their misery by helping to eliminate them from the playoffs during this weekend's series between the two teams.

"Anything to get the Red Sox out would be awesome for me," said Martin, who has been involved in the rivalry for one season.

When asked why, Martin sounded like the truest Bleacher Creature.

"Because I hate the Red Sox," Martin said.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Re: Russell Martin hates the Red Sox

Talk about burning the bridges behind you. this Martin is not very smart.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4411914. Show user_4411914's posts

In Response to Re: Russell Martin hates the Red Sox:
    [QUOTE]Talk about burning the bridges behind you. this Martin is not very smart.
    Posted by BeaconHill19[/QUOTE]

Its really not a big deal, its part of the rivalry.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Russell Martin hates the Red Sox : Its really not a big deal, its part of the rivalry.
    Posted by MikeintheBronx-[/QUOTE]

Not really, very few major leaguers would act that way. even when players get mad about being traded and not respected by their former team they are smart enough to realize that they should muzzle their mouth. Martin must not be thinking before opening his big mouth.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Russell Martin hates the Red Sox:
    [QUOTE] From ESPNBoston.com: http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/7005688/new-york-yankees-russell-martin-hate-boston-red-sox NEW YORK -- Adding fuel to baseball's bitterest rivalry, New York Yankees catcher Russell Martin said he hates the Boston Red Sox and would relish adding to their misery by helping to eliminate them from the playoffs during this weekend's series between the two teams. "Anything to get the Red Sox out would be awesome for me," said Martin, who has been involved in the rivalry for one season. When asked why, Martin sounded like the truest Bleacher Creature. "Because I hate the Red Sox," Martin said.
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

If Martin said that hes not a very bright guy and things like this usually come back to bite you.  He's also painting a picture of what the Yanks plan may be.  I hope the Yanks have more class than to take a dive just so they don't need to play us.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4411914. Show user_4411914's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Russell Martin hates the Red Sox : If Martin said that hes not a very bright guy and things like this usually come back to bite you.  He's also painting a picture of what the Yanks plan may be.  I hope the Yanks have more class than to take a dive just so they don't need to play us.
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

I'll admit the throw that Jeter made last inning that sailed ten feet over Posada's head was a little suspect.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Yanks playing a "substitute" lineup tonight. Any bets that they play their regulars over the weekend? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4411914. Show user_4411914's posts

Girardi's reaction to hearing Martin's comments:  "Boys will be boys"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from eddiewilson. Show eddiewilson's posts

so what.  when schilling went to the sox he said "i guess now i have to hate the yankees...."  no big deal.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4411895. Show user_4411895's posts

[QUOTE]so what.  when schilling went to the sox he said "i guess now i have to hate the yankees...."  no big deal.
    Posted by eddiewilson[/QUOTE]

Especially since Martin was just goofing on the reporter who asked him about it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

So do a lot of sox fans lately.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

A pretty dumb thing to say, that's for sure. Nobody should ever be quoted as hating anything.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Maybe he's just frustrated. Since his hot start, he's only hit .223 over the last 5 months, with embarrassing OPS in 3 of them.

Perhaps he should try one of Bill Lee's bats...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

It might just be his way of saying "We're not going to coast this last week".  Like he is trying to justify why he will be playing hard this week when he clearly does not have to.  Beyond the two obvious reasons - its his job, and he owes it to the game to.

Unless Martin is calling for pitches at someone's head, or sliding into kneecaps, this means nothing.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from massillon8. Show massillon8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Russell Martin hates the Red Sox : Not really, very few major leaguers would act that way. even when players get mad about being traded and not respected by their former team they are smart enough to realize that they should muzzle their mouth. Martin must not be thinking before opening his big mouth.
    Why should he like the Red Sox?  Why should he muzzle his mouth?  If they can stamp out the Red Sox flickering hopes, why wouldn't they?  If the shoe was on the other foot. Red Sox fans would appreciate the candid nature of a players true feelings.  He is a Yankee and he Hates Boston and the Red Sox. So what

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

My point was that marginal MLB players should not burn bridges behind them. What if the Yankees cut him now and the Red Sox are looking for a catcher next year. My point apparently was missed by you.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4411914. Show user_4411914's posts

[QUOTE]My point was that marginal MLB players should not burn bridges behind them. What if the Yankees cut him now and the Red Sox are looking for a catcher next year. My point apparently was missed by you.

That would never happen they have Tek

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

To be honest saying stuff like that usually comes back to bite you in the bum. Could be just what the sox need for this upcoming weekend.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]Girardi's reaction to hearing Martin's comments:  "Boys will be boys"
    Posted by MikeintheBronx-[/QUOTE]
    What's up, Mikey? Folks making a little too much of a harmless comment.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4411914. Show user_4411914's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Russell Martin hates the Red Sox : What's up, Mikey? Folks making a little too much of a harmless comment.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

I agree Lloyd....Sox had the night off.....I guess it was something to discuss.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

i hate ubersensitive sox "fans".

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from legion12941. Show legion12941's posts

[QUOTE]A pretty dumb thing to say, that's for sure. Nobody should ever be quoted as hating anything.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Not even pedophilia?
    Tongue out

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

That'd be like Darnell McDonald coming out and saying he hates the Yankees.

Hey Russell Martin- You're a nobody.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to Russell Martin hates the Red Sox:
    [QUOTE] From ESPNBoston.com: http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/7005688/new-york-yankees-russell-martin-hate-boston-red-sox NEW YORK -- Adding fuel to baseball's bitterest rivalry, New York Yankees catcher Russell Martin said he hates the Boston Red Sox and would relish adding to their misery by helping to eliminate them from the playoffs during this weekend's series between the two teams. "Anything to get the Red Sox out would be awesome for me," said Martin, who has been involved in the rivalry for one season. When asked why, Martin sounded like the truest Bleacher Creature. "Because I hate the Red Sox," Martin said.
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

oK ... Now name one Red sox  player who loves the Yankees? What a dumb post !!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

[QUOTE]To be honest saying stuff like that usually comes back to bite you in the bum. Could be just what the sox need for this upcoming weekend.
    Posted by RSF4Life234[/QUOTE]
    If it takes a Russell Martin meaningless comment to get the Sox going, wow. It will take a lot more than that and it is so late, with really zero prospects of moving on IF we make the playoffs.

Sections
Shortcuts