Russell Martin hates the Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

Re: Russell Martin hates the Red Sox

My point was that marginal MLB players should not burn bridges behind them. --beaconhill19
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The truth is Yankee fans, players, and FO consider him a huge part of the Yanks' success this season. I don't think the Yankees win the division without his game calling, defense, bulldog mentality, and timely bat.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I just thought it was funny.If the Sox had outbid the Yankees for his services this year,he'd probably be saying how much he hates New York now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Martin is really showing up for games -he's batting 222 this month.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Russell Martin hates the Red Sox:
    [QUOTE]That'd be like Darnell McDonald coming out and saying he hates the Yankees. Hey Russell Martin- You're a nobody.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]
    I don't see Darnell McDonald being voted on by is peers onto the AS Team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Martin is really showing up for games -he's batting 222 this month.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

Beat up catchers often do this in Sept; even Mike Piazza; not the best observation.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

These guys get paid the big bucks to entertain.  Russell is doing his job in this case.  But, don't get confused, he's just entertaining.  If, when his contract is up, and the Yankees show him no love but the Sox brass offer him nice numbers, I am willing to bet his hatred might amazingly morph into a slightly more positive emotion.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kirbyrob. Show kirbyrob's posts

I find it shocking that Russell Martin's comments bother so many of you. Words are not okay?? But one of your own throwing an 80 year old man to the ground is still being defended.

Typical.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]These guys get paid the big bucks to entertain.  Russell is doing his job in this case.  But, don't get confused, he's just entertaining.  If, when his contract is up, and the Yankees show him no love but the Sox brass offer him nice numbers, I am willing to bet his hatred might amazingly morph into a slightly more positive emotion.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]
    Exactly. El Tiante always used to say how much he hated the "fookin' Jahnkees."1 Then he ends up pitching for them.

1 "All the Right Stuff," by SpacemanEephus

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4411914. Show user_4411914's posts

[QUOTE]That'd be like Darnell McDonald coming out and saying he hates the Yankees. Hey Russell Martin- You're a nobody.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

He's not a complete nobody, he's the catcher on the AL East Champs....thats someone.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/sports/Bartolo-Colon-Yankees-130412258.html

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4411914. Show user_4411914's posts

[QUOTE]http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/sports/Bartolo-Colon-Yankees-130412258.html
    Posted by BeaconHill19[/QUOTE]

This is not related to the OP Pike, please stay on topic.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Much ado about nothing...Martin hates the team that helped get him a better deal from the Yank's. One had the Yanks not offered him, he would've signed with the Sox.

Don't know that the players are as invested in the rivalry as we the fans are...

While wearing one uniform you're supposed to dislike or hate the guys wearing the other...Just ask Johnny Damon...He's has the pleasure of hating the Yanks & Rays....then the Sox and Rays and now the Sox and Yanks...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Much ado about nothing...Martin hates the team that helped get him a better deal from the Yank's. One had the Yanks not offered him, he would've signed with the Sox. Don't know that the players are as invested in the rivalry as we the fans are... While wearing one uniform you're supposed to dislike or hate the guys wearing the other...Just ask Johnny Damon...He's has the pleasure of hating the Yanks & Rays....then the Sox and Rays and now the Sox and Yanks...
    Posted by Beantowne[/QUOTE]

Wow, thats a lot of hatreds Johhny.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Sounds like he drew the short straw in the clubhouse and HAD to say something dumb.  I wish it came from someone credible so as to stir up the Sox- wake a sleeping dog.

It's kinda hard for Jeter to say something anything close to what Martin said. There's almost too much good blood between Jeter and practically the whole Boston team (I also think that's kinda cool for once too).

Sabathia can't say too much (and didn't) because he'll use the Sox for contract leverage this offseason.

Mo's truly indifferent.

Cervelli, although not credible either, would have atleast been consistent, but he Bermuda-triangulated just like half of Boston's pitching staff.

The smart team- play would've been to not say anything at all, but I think we all over-rate an althlete's intelligence.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Sox were interested in him this offseason.  I don't think he said anything back then. He's not going to get an extenstion from the Yanks.  No need to say things like that publicly.  Stupidity

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

good for him for saying what every Yankee fan wants to hear...these sox fans here whining about the comments are pathetic...what was he supposed to say - "I look forward to seeing them again in the postseason"?  Would that make you feel better? i have news for all of you - the yanks are absolutely going for the jugular against the Sox this weekend....they have been owned by us thus far and want redemption and revenge...we should use this info to get ready to rumble...not whine....playoff time starts NOW!

Cowboy Up said our successful ancestors!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]good for him for saying what every Yankee fan wants to hear...these sox fans here whining about the comments are pathetic...what was he supposed to say - "I look forward to seeing them again in the postseason"?  Would that make you feel better? i have news for all of you - the yanks are absolutely going for the jugular against the Sox this weekend....they have been owned by us thus far and want redemption and revenge...we should use this info to get ready to rumble...not whine....playoff time starts NOW! Cowboy Up said our successful ancestors!
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

thumbs up georom

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

good for him for saying what every Yankee fan wants to hear...these sox fans here whining about the comments are pathetic...what was he supposed to say - "I look forward to seeing them again in the postseason"?  Would that make you feel better? i have news for all of you - the yanks are absolutely going for the jugular against the Sox this weekend....they have been owned by us thus far and want redemption and revenge...we should use this info to get ready to rumble...not whine....playoff time starts NOW!---georom
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Yankee fans love the Yanks because they always go for the jugular.
    Georom is dead on.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from crmn19. Show crmn19's posts

What do you expect him to say, "Darn what a great team. they should win a 100 games?"  He'll get on base and shhot the breeze with the opposing infileder just like players always do.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from maddog2020. Show maddog2020's posts

Hey maybe his comments will fire the team up - if anything can fire them - I hope

Sections
Shortcuts