Russell Martin Heads to the Bucs Just as Mo Returns....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Russell Martin Heads to the Bucs Just as Mo Returns....

Martin gets a 2 year, 17 million dollar deal with the Pirates...So who will the Yanks sign...Is Pierzynski too hard-headed for the Bronx, as some pundits have suggested?....Romine is NOT ready, and the gossip runs that they only want Cervelli as a backup, if that...So what do people think...Who will be doing most of the catching next year for the Yanks...?

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/11/pirates-agree-to-terms-with-russell-martin.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Russell Martin Heads to the Bucs Just as Mo Returns....

They may now be in on Napoli. The Yankees never have a problem with the extra year the players look for and will keep him out of Boston. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Have not seen that rumor yet, J-Bay, but for one year anything is possible...Here are 11 MLB games-qualified candidate stats from 2012....I added Lavarnway and Salty for comparison...

Salty...2012

TEAM GP GS FULL TC PO A E DP FPCT RF PB CSB CS CS% CERA DWAR

C 104 95 852 763 715 41 7 3 .991 7.99 3.157 6 80 18 .184 4.85 0.1

Lavarnway...2012

C 28 25 219 196 183 11 2 0 .990 7.97 3.148 0 28 3 .097 5.84 -0.4

Sortable Fielding

RK PLAYER TEAM GP GS FULL TC PO A E DP FPCT RF PB CSB CS CS% CERA DWAR

1 Ryan Hanigan CIN 110 98 877 833 781 48 4 6 .995 8.51 3 34 32 .485 3.05 1.5

2 Yadier Molina STL 136 133 1161 1053 962 88 3 12 .997 8.14 6 38 35 .479 3.61 2.6

3 Miguel Montero ARI 139 136 1190 1095 1008 78 9 8 .992 8.21 5 44 32 .421 3.89 0.8

4 Matt Wieters BAL 134 132 1189 1056 994 52 10 7 .991 7.92 5 51 32 .386 3.80 1.3

5 A.J. Ellis LAD 131 128 1151 1100 1007 87 6 12 .995 8.55 11 74 36 .327 3.33 1.1

6 Buster Posey SF 114 111 973 932 855 69 8 9 .991 8.55 2 87 38 .304 3.52 0.5

7 Kurt Suzuki OAK/WSH 117 113 1014 881 815 61 5 7 .994 7.78 6 65 28 .301 3.54 0.8

8 Alex Avila DET 113 107 938 960 897 57 6 7 .994 9.16 10 79 34 .301 3.61 1.2

9 A.J. Pierzynski CHW 126 121 1071 976 899 71 6 8 .994 8.15 8 76 27 .262 4.08 0.3

10 Russell Martin NYY 128 116 1045 991 924 61 6 3 .994 8.48 9 63 20 .241 4.07 0.2   

11 Brian McCann ATL 114 113 995 898 845 51 2 4 .998 8.11 6 76 24 .240 3.35 0.7

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They may now be in on Napoli. The Yankees never have a problem with the extra year the players look for and will keep him out of Boston. 

[/QUOTE]

JBay if Napoli was the Red Sox target, then they should have gotten it done, instead of this waiting game they are playing. Now dollars to donuts that Napoli is out there, the Yankees will go after him. I think the Yankees are kidding themselves with Petite and Rivera, way too old and major let down from an injury.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to pinstripezac's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

They may now be in on Napoli. The Yankees never have a problem with the extra year the players look for 

[/QUOTE]

The Yankees never have a problem with the extra year the players look for

that was the old yanks

B4 the new lux tax

they are either really serious about the budget next yr

or are going after mauer ;-)

[/QUOTE]

Did the NYY even give Martin an offer?? ESPN reported they focused on pitching and hadnt gotten to catching. I guess now they'll have to;)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

[/QUOTE]

Did the NYY even give Martin an offer?? ESPN reported they focused on pitching and hadnt gotten to catching. I guess now they'll have to;)

From what Marchand says, JBAY, they never seriously made an offer...

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/yankees/post/_/id/47461/rapid-reaction-martin-departin

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to AL34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

JBay if Napoli was the Red Sox target, then they should have gotten it done, instead of this waiting game they are playing. Now dollars to donuts that Napoli is out there, the Yankees will go after him. I think the Yankees are kidding themselves with Petite and Rivera, way too old and major let down from an injury.

[/QUOTE]

Reportedly, Napoli is Boston's #1 target this off season, AL. I don't think Rivera would return if he had any doubt he couldn't return to form. He may not have wanted to retire due to injury, but I doubt he wants to go out not pitching to his gold standard, even less. We shall see. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

[/QUOTE]

The Yankees never have a problem with the extra year the players look for

that was the old yanks

B4 the new lux tax

they are either really serious about the budget next yr

or are going after mauer ;-)

[/QUOTE]

Since Mauer signed an 8 yr. extension back in 2010, are you talking trading for him?...If he were a free agent, I could see it Zac...I am praying for Pierzynski (he could hit over 30 dingers in the Stadium), and is decent defensively...No Napoli need apply, please...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Wow I did not see this one coming.  I wonder what the Yankees will do with their catching situation. 

Martin is reunited with AJ Burnett in Pittsburgh of all places. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

If I was Russell, I would ask my agent to contact the Yankees and see what they would offer before jumping on Pittsburgh's offer. 

I guess the Yankees are serious about getting their payroll under $189 million by 2014. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I hope the Yankees offer Napoli 5 years and 100 million.

[/QUOTE]

Right. Who needs Martin or Napoli when we have salty and Ross.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

[QUOTE]

9:54pm: The Yankees told Martin they didn’t have the cash to match Pittsburgh’s offer according to Waldstein. That’s rich.

[/QUOTE]

Privately, I bet any amount of FA money that the Yanks told him or his agent privately days ago they would not re-sign him and they were looking elsewhere...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]

9:54pm: The Yankees told Martin they didn’t have the cash to match Pittsburgh’s offer according to Waldstein. That’s rich.

[/QUOTE]

Now running the Yankees:

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

WTF?!?  Damn.....

The Red Sox and Yankees should work out a trade involving Salty.  LOL

Ben: "Hey Brian."

Brian: "Hey Ben."

Ben: "Is that British lady still stalking you?"

Brian: "Watch it a**hole."   "At least my team has a very good first baseman."

Ben: "But you guys need a catcher."  "Salty for David Robertson straight up."

Brian: "................I think this meeting is now over."   

LOL

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Now running the Yankees:

[/QUOTE]

Soon to be running the Yankees...Little Fox James Murdoch

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Good ridance.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Pittsburgh, a small market team that did not make the playoffs since 1992 (Tim Wakefield was a Pirate then LOL) "OUTBID" the New York Yankees.  The world has come to a halt.   LOL

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

"News Corp. in three years also will have the option to increase its stake to 80%. That would allow Goldman Sachs to exit the venture and leave Yankee Global Enterprises with about a 20% interest.

News Corp. Deputy Chief Operating Officer James Murdoch, who is a board member of the Yankee Global Enterprises, was key to the deal."

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/nov/20/news/la-news-corp-acquires-49-of-yankees-yes-network-20121120

So what are these men smiling about??? I do not think they are worrying about Luxury Tax ceilings when they are building an even bigger international sports cable/internet network to rival ESPN...

Sections
Shortcuts