Russell Martin - nice one Theo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesey271975. Show jamesey271975's posts

Russell Martin - nice one Theo

Seems like we were in the running for him at one stage. He looks a better signing than either of the Hall of Famers we signed for $300m

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChrisHouse. Show ChrisHouse's posts

Re: Russell Martin - nice one Theo

In Response to Russell Martin - nice one Theo:
    [QUOTE]Seems like we were in the running for him at one stage. He looks a better signing than either of the Hall of Famers we signed for $300m
    Posted by jamesey271975[/QUOTE]

I like your dog. What is his name?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bw777. Show bw777's posts

It's a little early for this...His history shows he'll be injured soon.  As well as the other retreads the yankees signed this year!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: Russell Martin - nice one Theo:
    [QUOTE]It's a little early for this...His history shows he'll be injured soon.  As well as the other retreads the yankees signed this year!
    Posted by bw777[/QUOTE]

You hope

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

Yes I do hope can't stand the yunkees as everyone else, except people coming here to cause trouble. They should be on some yunkee site where they can pat each other on the backs for outspending all other teams by 30 mil.  

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Russell Martin - nice one Theo : You hope
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Can't see where all that spending is doing the Yankees much good - of course I can't see where all that spending is doing the Sox much good either.  The Phillies are the only wise spending team in baseball at the moment.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Russel Martin will have at least DOUBLE the # of HR's of Tek and Salty combined this year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesey271975. Show jamesey271975's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Russell Martin - nice one Theo : I like your dog. What is his name?
    Posted by ChrisHouse[/QUOTE]

Jack "The Hammer" Brammer

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]It's a little early for this...His history shows he'll be injured soon.  As well as the other retreads the yankees signed this year!
    Posted by bw777[/QUOTE]

I wish we had some of those retreads playing for us. At this point those retreads bring more value than Crawford. I know that Gonzalez will be fine, but maybe Theo should have spent some of the other money on retreads.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

So what. The yunks aren't going very far with that pitching staff. It's only a matter of time before AJ Burnout will go psycho and end up in full meltdown mode. With the age of their starters I suspect they will be have some production problems to go along with no starters.  

[QUOTE]Russel Martin will have at least DOUBLE the # of HR's of Tek and Salty combined this year.
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]So what. The yunks aren't going very far with that pitching staff. It's only a matter of time before AJ Burnout will go psycho and end up in full meltdown mode. With the age of their starters I suspect they will be have some production problems to go along with no starters.   In Response to Re: Russell Martin - nice one Theo :
    Posted by REDSOX-11[/QUOTE]

The Yanks will get at least 1 quality starter by the trade deadline. Cashman has a history of getting what they need in late July.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to Russell Martin - nice one Theo:
    [QUOTE]Seems like we were in the running for him at one stage. He looks a better signing than either of the Hall of Famers we signed for $300m
    Posted by jamesey271975[/QUOTE]

You weren't here yelling for Theo to get Martin in the off season were you? And they offered him a contract. The Yankees offered him more with a better guarantee that he would start.  Monday Morning Quarterback

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Russell Martin - nice one Theo : You weren't here yelling for Theo to get Martin in the off season were you? And they offered him a contract. The Yankees offered him more with a better guarantee that he would start.  Monday Morning Quarterback
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

You are correct. Theo did try to sign Martin. Cashman just tried a little harder. It's always easier to criticize a GM after the fact.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I don't recall any of these guys here saying Theo should sign Martin this past winter.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Yes I do hope can't stand the yunkees as everyone else, except people coming here to cause trouble. They should be on some yunkee site where they can pat each other on the backs for outspending all other teams by 30 mil.   In Response to Re: Russell Martin - nice one Theo :

Do you like your grapes sour?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]So what. The yunks aren't going very far with that pitching staff. It's only a matter of time before AJ Burnout will go psycho and end up in full meltdown mode. With the age of their starters I suspect they will be have some production problems to go along with no starters.   In Response to Re: Russell Martin - nice one Theo :
    You need to be careful according to Andre' W. Mitch Burnet is better than Lester.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxNation4Ever. Show RedSoxNation4Ever's posts

Tek is going to be an excellent defensive catcher all year long.  If Salty doen't get it going there is plenty of time for Theo to get a catcher.
      The season is 162 games long.  We will be fine!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I agree. We are not even 10% through the season.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScottsdaleLarry-. Show ScottsdaleLarry-'s posts

Tek is going to be an excellent defensive catcher all year long.

Was he ever an excellent defensive catcher?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxNation4Ever. Show RedSoxNation4Ever's posts

Framing Pitches, knowledge, blocking balls, blocking the plate, working with teh pitchers, use to trhow as good as any.  I think he was and is.  I wish Vicotr was still here, and he isn't a great defensive catcher I know.  If he and his bat were here, we could dominate with Crawford and Gonzales.