RUSSELL MARTIN: WE WANT TO BURY THE SOX, I HATE THEM!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

RUSSELL MARTIN: WE WANT TO BURY THE SOX, I HATE THEM!

if this team has any spine, plunking and getting at the yanks will be a top priority this weekend. i'm sure they are all thinking it but he's now on record. didnt we try to sign him? he didnt seem to hate us when we were offering him $, now he hates us with this much venom? still, tito and others should be able to belichick it into some MOMENTUM! sometimes its best to allow sleeping dogs to just die and be...  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Re: RUSSELL MARTIN: WE WANT TO BURY THE SOX, I HATE THEM!

There was a thread on this a few days back.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Russell who?

Honestly, this guy is about as far removed from those days as anyone can be.  He has zero concept of what this rivalry used to look like.  Zero.  All he knows is what Jeter and Rivera tell him.  They're the only active players left on that roster who could lay legitimate claim to hating the Sox.  Maybe Posada.

His words are empty remarks.  He needs to save that fake, contrived commentary for the Tigers or Rangers.  Yanks likely won't beat either of those teams if it gets to that.  They're relying on major production from Nova to make up for Burnett's inability to pitch.

It's funny how Martin didn't hate the Red Sox when his team was choking to death on their own pitching and fielding gaffes during those first 15 games or so. 

He only said this because they've clinched.  Pretty gutless, but not unexpected.  Russell Martin is not Thurman Munson.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The problem with making a statement like that is that if he plays poorly vs. the Rays , his integrity would be called into question.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Top priority needs to be getting a few wins and sending Tampa Bay back to reality.

They can deal with this jerk next season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

How much would he hate the Red Sox if he were a free agent and the Sox were offering him more money than anyone else?

Hmmm.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: RUSSELL MARTIN: WE WANT TO BURY THE SOX, I HATE THEM!:
    [QUOTE]How much would he hate the Red Sox if he were a free agent and the Sox were offering him more money than anyone else? Hmmm.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]he willl be and its possible the sox could want thim to replace the retiring tek.. this should be his last year. i'm sure his accountant and agent arent too pleased with his pandering!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

nothing wrong with having a little fun

did we not all loved it

when curt said similar stuff his 1st week

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]How much would he hate the Red Sox if he were a free agent and the Sox were offering him more money than anyone else? Hmmm.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

Ask Damon

This is no different than Schilling back in the day. He was asked a question - jeez.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Adding fuel to the fire. Nothing wrong with that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from athens7676. Show athens7676's posts

C'mon....if he had signed with the Sox in the offseason (which by several accounts he almost did) he would be giving an interview about how much he hates the evil empire. He is a competitive guy, don't turn this into something it isn't.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to RUSSELL MARTIN: WE WANT TO BURY THE SOX, I HATE THEM!:
    [QUOTE]if this team has any spine, plunking and getting at the yanks will be a top priority this weekend. i'm sure they are all thinking it but he's now on record. didnt we try to sign him? he didnt seem to hate us when we were offering him $, now he hates us with this much venom? still, tito and others should be able to belichick it into some MOMENTUM! sometimes its best to allow sleeping dogs to just die and be...  
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]
    First CC, I'd like to congratulate you on your comment early in the season that Jete was old and slow. 

From my own personal experience with bulletin board material, it's a fallacy. It's never been proven as a motivational tool. You beat your opponent with talent, game planing strategy/schemes and a little luck. BB doesn't rely on board BS to win games. He, in most cases, out coaches the opposing staff.

What say you? I'm not Bill....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]
    You know that would never happen.

Sections
Shortcuts