Ryab Kalish

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dblock33644. Show dblock33644's posts

Ryab Kalish

A once highly touted red sox prospect is not talked about anymore. what do you think should happnen with him? he is still only 24. could he be another josh reddick case who just needs a change of scenery or should the sox give him a chance to start next year?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

Re: Ryab Kalish

Who is this "Ryab" you speak of?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to dblock33644's comment:

A once highly touted red sox prospect is not talked about anymore. what do you think should happnen with him? he is still only 24. could he be another josh reddick case who just needs a change of scenery or should the sox give him a chance to start next year?

He still is. He was injured in 2010, had surgery and didn't play at all in 2011 and played injured most of this season, out of necessity. Let's give the kid a chance to get healthy and have some consistent playing time, before deciding what should happen to him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Ryan's injury last year really messed with what was basically his last stand as a good prospect.  I suppose he still is in the mix, but his situation is different from Reddick's.  Josh had established himself the year prior to his trade as a major leaguer.  He went through bad rookie slumps, but he also went through periods where he showed that he could perform at a high level.  Kalish hasn't shown that yet, so he wouldn't have the same kind of value as trade bait.  I don't know.  I think he will get a shot at camp, as a potential fourth outfielder and as a showcase, but that might be it for ryan.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Agree with you that Kalish need another chance.  But I can foresee he will continue to become an often injure prone player!!  Better trade him before his value goes down!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I like Kalish.  He will be fine.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

If he can actually stay healthy we could define what kind of a player he is. I hope he comes to camp without any problems and completely injury free. He showed glimpses of being a great OF'er until another injury sidelined him fo almost 2 years now.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

He'll be fine. Having a healthy off season should help him this coming spring.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

don't think you can count on him being healthy. think they need to go out and acquire two outfielders to play the corner positions (assuming ellsbury is here throughout the season) and find thier fourth outfielder from the collection of sweeney/nava/kalish, potentially using one or all of them as a piece in a trade. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

The Sox traded Reggie Smith, Fed Lynn, Ellis Burks, and let Trot Nixon go..... Kalish ??? Whatever.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

I like Kalish.  He will be fine.

I like Kalish too.  In fact I really dug the kid when he came up in 2010 and performed well.  I even thought he was a better prospect than Reddick was.  The problem was money.  Ryan should have been kept in 2011 and put in RF but the bumbling front office had $15 million invested in the walking wounded Drew so Kalish was sent down where he got hurt.  Another piece of miserable luck for the team.  Next spring he will get another chance but this time he has to stay in one piece.  If he shows that he's a typical Red Sox  tin man like Ellsbury has turned out  to be, he should be sent somewhere else because he will just be a waste of precious time.  I hope he is fully recovered next season because I still think he can be a solid player for us.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

no way i would trade kalish this winter.  he will bring back very little now and may be ready to show his original capabilities this next spring.

his health has been an issue, but he has plenty of talent, works hard and is very inexpensive.  i would rather see him in right field in 2013 than eithier.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to Yonkersman's comment:

Kalish got injured because he got sent down? Very logical. His injuries are the faut of the FO?  I smell a troll. Ells wasn't a tinman. His injuries were caused by Beltre and a second baseman falling on him which were freak accidents. Why don't forum members come to the obvious conclusion that you are trolling.You were kicked out of Sawxheads for trolling and now you are here. Go away troll.

So Pike, why do you use multiple logons?

Sections
Shortcuts