Ryan Braun tests positive for ped's?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Re: Ryan Braun tests positive for ped's?

MY first thought was "is this the Ryan Braun who's a minor league pitcher and former Royal and someone is trying to be funny?"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

In Response to Re: Ryan Braun tests positive for ped's?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ryan Braun tests positive for ped's? :  You see, some men use sports as a medium to maintain closeness to others, it's all been studied. You didn't know that? Now, see, you learned something today, isn't that one of your objectives in being here?
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20[/QUOTE]

Isn't that saying that BONDING is a bit phony. You and your Dad are "Red Sox fans" and he calls you running to inform you about the astounding news about Braun? Give me a break.  You are BSing me. Hold on , my Dad just called me about a player in Medicine Hat who might sign with the Pittsburg Pirates. News at 11 pm.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Ryan Braun tests positive for ped's?": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ryan Braun tests positive for ped's? : Isn't that saying that BONDING is a bit phony. You and your Dad are "Red Sox fans" and he calls you running to inform you about the astounding news about Braun? Give me a break.  You are BSing me. Hold on , my Dad just called me about a player in Medicine Hat who might sign with the Pittsburg Pirates. News at 11 pm. Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE] Uh huh. I think you should have read my post before you posted this.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ryan Braun tests positive for ped's? : moon, I agree but at this point would we be surprised if Kemps name came up next for PEDS?
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

I try not to be suspicious, but anyone having a great year is always suspect.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ryan Braun tests positive for ped's? : Isn't that saying that BONDING is a bit phony. You and your Dad are "Red Sox fans" and he calls you running to inform you about the astounding news about Braun? Give me a break.  You are BSing me. Hold on , my Dad just called me about a player in Medicine Hat who might sign with the Pittsburg Pirates. News at 11 pm.
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

See if you can keep up....my dad died 11 months ago, he's not calling me about anything anymore.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ryan Braun tests positive for ped's? : I try not to be suspicious, but anyone having a great year is always suspect.
    Posted by Joebreidey[/QUOTE]

Boomer was crucified for saying less than this!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Ryan Braun tests positive for ped's?": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ryan Braun tests positive for ped's? :  See if you can keep up....my dad died 11 months ago, he's not calling me about anything anymore. Posted by YOUKILLUS20[/QUOTE] Sorry to hear it Youk, trying to hang on to mine as long as possible. Holding is own for the time being thank God. Pike doesn't get it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Ryan Braun tests positive for ped's?": Sorry to hear it Youk, trying to hang on to mine as long as possible. Holding is own for the time being thank God. Pike doesn't get it.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

I remember you telling us during a game thread, exam. Hope he continues to do well. whatever team we're a fan of, baseball fans first. As far as Braun,  when somethings to good to be true, it usually is. ESPN reports he was tested during the payoffs and knew of the positive results a month before he was named MVP. Braun said when the AROD PED use was exposed, the best thing he could do was come clean and admit it. easier said than done....We'll see if he takes his own advice. MVP to PED

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Ryan Braun tests positive for ped's?": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ryan Braun tests positive for ped's? : I remember you telling us during a game thread, exam. Hope he continues to do well. whatever team you're a fan of, baseball fans first. As far as Braun,  when somethings to good to be true, it usually is. ESPN reports he was tested during the payoffs and knew of the positive results a month before he was named MVP. Braun said when the AROD ped issue came out, Braun said the best thing he could do was come clean and admit it. easier said than done....We'll see if he takes his own advice. MVP to PED Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE] Thanks j.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

[QUOTE]Why would the Dad of a Red Sox fan call him and make a big deal about about this news. Sorry but I don't get it.
    The "it" you don't get would cover most of what counts in human relations.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

tee-hee can I cut and paste your post expitch to my current thread?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from undones. Show undones's posts

No..it's not a rumor. I just read an article about it a little while ago. He's fighting it, though...says there's no truth to it....
    In Response to Ryan Braun tests positive for ped's?:
    [QUOTE]My dad just called me and told me this, but I don't have a link. If someone can track one down please post it. He faces a fifty game suspension if the test is upheld. NOW we know why he got so much better....lol....I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it were true, he always struck me as being super stuck on himself. But we shall see. Maybe it's just a nasty rumor.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from undones. Show undones's posts

I guess you're maybe not a true baseball fan? If you were, you'd understand.
    [QUOTE]Why would the Dad of a Red Sox fan call him and make a big deal about about this news. Sorry but I don't get it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Arodswallows. Show Arodswallows's posts

I read he was tested in the playoffs, and told about it in late october

anyway, by the time he was tested, votes were in for the MVP, so... late to change anything

in other news, I think Halladay was more valuable than Kemp, whose lame team didnt get anywhere, and wouldnt gotten anywhere if he'd hit a 100 homeruns...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Testing is random under prior CBA except for spring. Braun is simply one that got caught. Once new Hgh blood testing is implicated, other career year profiles of recent years will also be exposed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I'd prefer the guy had not cheated but this is huge to think the testing cooperation has got to the point that the reigning MVP and a WS champ could get nailed. 50 games will kill his team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JDShorty. Show JDShorty's posts

[QUOTE]I'd prefer the guy had not cheated but this is huge to think the testing cooperation has got to the point that the reigning MVP and a WS champ could get nailed. 50 games will kill his team.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

He obviously doesn't care about his teammates??? One could also conclude that he doesn't care about himself either...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rgmfick. Show rgmfick's posts

I love Ryan's play also, BUT the Baseball Writers who voted for Ryan and MLB should refuse to make the MVP Award to him.  If MLB wants any integrity, it has get serious, just as ManRam because of his second PED violation should not have a reduction of his 100 game suspension originally issued when he was still the property of the Rays.  Instead of serving the suspension, he retired, and when he applied to return from retirement, the Commissioner's Office reduced his suspension. MLB is not going to change the rules on retirement, but it certainly can stand fast on its Rules.  ManRam is not going to miss any meals, as I recall when he retired he and his Father went on an extended European Holiday. It might be time to retire Commissioner Selig from his $14 Million Dollar + job. He was so intent on cleaning up the PED mess when he spent so much on the Mitchell Report and then involved Congress in MLB's dog and pony show.  Maybe that was really much more about protecting MLB's Antitrust Exemption?    

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

He tested high for testosterone - could be many reasons for that.

I don't like the process because it always gets leaked to the press and then guilt is assumed.  Maybe he was taking a legal supplement that mimics illegal?

I say wait and see what happens.

And if he did knowingly use something illegal to get stronger - I'm not sure that should sadden anyone. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

He may turn out to be innocent, but I have doubts. We will see.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThunderCat2010. Show ThunderCat2010's posts

Same way with Big Papi... Big Papi loves steriods!!! Manny loves PED!! We HATE the Red Sox!  The Red Sox is EVIL!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Ugh! I love Ryan Braun. He's my favorite NL player. He's appealing. Wonder how that will go? Very disappointing.
    Posted by GhostofTito[/QUOTE]

Agree with you that is very disappointing if it is true.  He claims that he is innocent, so we have to see  what happens before we can draw any conclusions.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

If upheld, he should be stripped of the MVP and it should be given to Kemp, who should have it won to begin with anyway!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]He tested high for testosterone - could be many reasons for that. I don't like the process because it always gets leaked to the press and then guilt is assumed.  Maybe he was taking a legal supplement that mimics illegal? I say wait and see what happens. And if he did knowingly use something illegal to get stronger - I'm not sure that should sadden anyone. 
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

No player who has ever tested positive for PED has won his appeal, Ghost. There's a first time for everything, but it seems unlikey. The high testoserone levels were synthetic, not natural

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]If upheld, he should be stripped of the MVP and it should be given to Kemp, who should have it won to begin with anyway!
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

I would imagine that this will happen.  I also agree that Kemp deserved it.