Ryan Braun

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Re: Ryan Braun

"Ryan Braun did not "get off on a technicality." The chain of custody requirements are there for a reason: to ensure that the sample is reliable evidence. Failure to follow the chain of custody means the sample could have been tainted and/or deteriorated. The arbitrator found that MLB did not have enough reliable evidence to prove that Braun failed a drug test."

I was willing to give Braun the benefit of the doubt, which is something I'm inclined to do in most situations where I don't have any inside knowledge.  Now that Braun's name has shown up in connection with the Miami clinic, it seems that he is indeed guilty.

That said, as angry as it makes me to see seemingly guilty people get off on charges because proper procedure was not followed (more so in criminal cases than in MLB PED cases), as you said, the requirements are there for a reason and they must be followed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

Ok, so we all know Braun tested positive in 2011 and also is linked to the Miami health clinic "Biogenesis". Well here is my question, if Braun is found to be guilty does that mean he will get a 100 game suspension for a second offense?

Brauns name showed up on clinic documents dated to April, 2012. His first positive test was in october 2011... So that looks like 2 different offenses to me which is why i am wondering if he will be penalized like a second time offender..

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8952705&categoryid=2378529

When I look at all the guys accused/guilty or not of using PEDS I would still trade for Braun in a heartbeat if he was ever available.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

"Ryan Braun did not "get off on a technicality." The chain of custody requirements are there for a reason: to ensure that the sample is reliable evidence. Failure to follow the chain of custody means the sample could have been tainted and/or deteriorated. The arbitrator found that MLB did not have enough reliable evidence to prove that Braun failed a drug test."

I was willing to give Braun the benefit of the doubt, which is something I'm inclined to do in most situations where I don't have any inside knowledge.  Now that Braun's name has shown up in connection with the Miami clinic, it seems that he is indeed guilty.

That said, as angry as it makes me to see seemingly guilty people get off on charges because proper procedure was not followed (more so in criminal cases than in MLB PED cases), as you said, the requirements are there for a reason and they must be followed.

Braun and his lawyers took advantage of the law to side step his being suspended. They did not prove his innocence. They merely raised reasonable doubt about the integrity of the sample. It doesn't change the fact that he tested positive and his being connected with Biogenenics lab is proof positive that something's amiss. The shame in all it is that he's likely to walk away with little repurcussions and the cycle of deceit will continue.