Ryan Dempster

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Ryan Dempster

It must be difficult watching this, softy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

i doubt he even is watching.... he's certainly no sox fan.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Hes looking better and better. If he keeps going like this, there will be a lot of crow being eaten on this forum.

He's looking the same, and he's going to start looking worse. You will be eating the crow, as the team finished up the dog days of August and early September. His 6 IP act isn't going to last, and his "locating my fastball" is going to start being deposited over the OF padded walls.

It's a little early for gloating, in the early first quarter, after beating the mighty Astros, a team that Notin points out is a suprisingly good baseball team.

He is second in the league in strike outs. Admit you were wrong and move along.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Hes looking better and better. If he keeps going like this, there will be a lot of crow being eaten on this forum.

He's looking the same, and he's going to start looking worse. You will be eating the crow, as the team finished up the dog days of August and early September. His 6 IP act isn't going to last, and his "locating my fastball" is going to start being deposited over the OF padded walls.

It's a little early for gloating, in the early first quarter, after beating the mighty Astros, a team that Notin points out is a suprisingly good baseball team.

He is second in the league in strike outs. Admit you were wrong and move along.

he'd rather just wait until Dempster has a single bad inning then he will go on a posting binge declaring the "dumpster" well......a dumpster.

ZOMG DUMPSTER LET UP 3 RUNS IN TEH 1ST INNING!!!111!!!11111111 I TOLD YOU HE WAS A DUMPSTER TROLOLOLOLOLOL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

If gloating is saying,  "Hes looking better and better. If he keeps going like this, there will be a lot of crow being eaten on this forum.", Then I guess Im gloating. But unfortunately for softserve, thats not gloating.

gloat  (glt)intr.v. gloat·ed, gloat·ing, gloats To feel or express great, often malicious, pleasure or self-satisfaction

My statement is hardly malicious or expressing great pleasure. Now, If it does happen (see: "If he keeps going like this") Then yeah, I might gloat a little.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

This is all you need to know about dempster...

2012 stats

pitch count    OPS Against

1-25              .692

26-50            .601

51-75            .657

76 - 100        .743

101+             .810

Keep his pitch count down, and he can be one of the best #3s in baseball all year.  Farrell seems to understand this.  We have the bullpen for it, and the rest of the rotation can pick up the slack in IPs.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Dempster pitches better in warm weather as well. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

He once said, "I don't watch the games, nor do I need to watch them to know Ellsbury's a butcher in CF."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

In response to moonslav59's comment:

He rarely watches baseball, if ever.

One might think in all those years he spent developing a fascination with Justin Upton as the perfect fit for Boston, he might have noticed Stephen Drew play once in a while and noticed he is a fairly decent defender and more of a line drive hitter than a "slugger."

Or at the very least, he might have noticed Drew batted left handed.  That last one is actually kinda tough to miss...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

This is all you need to know about dempster...

2012 stats

pitch count    OPS Against

1-25              .692

26-50            .601

51-75            .657

76 - 100        .743

101+             .810

Keep his pitch count down, and he can be one of the best #3s in baseball all year.  Farrell seems to understand this.  We have the bullpen for it, and the rest of the rotation can pick up the slack in IPs

Nice numbers, slo, but other numbers might tell a little different story:

2012     2013

1st PA  .585    .548

2nd PA .756  1.005

3rd PA .718    .283

4th PA  .544   .000 (2 PA)

2013 Pitch counts:

1-25  .671

26-50 .742

51-75 .859

76-100 .374 (26 PA)

100+    .000  (7 PA)

It looks like he kind of loses it, but the regains if they keep him in the game long enough.

1-25  .975

26-50 .592

51-75 .754

76-100 .812

100+   .911

Career:

Innings

1  .753

2  .818

3  .915

4  .782

5  .799

6  .756

7  .672

8  .639

9  .545

1-25  .788

25-50 .671

51-75 .723

76-100 .811

100+  .791

1st PA  .728

2nd PA .754

3rd PA .786

4th PA .797

Does he wilt in the "dog days"?

ERA by month:

2011:                                 4.82              4.97

3.08    3.13

2012:             3.72

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Obviously, the real issue with the Marlins is that they had a firesale so soon after getting a tax-finded stadium. 

At the end of the day, there was more politics in the trade than BB.  They signed Reyes and Buerhle in very backloaded deals.  They got one year of each at very cheap prices, then passed the expensive years onto TO. 

Buerhle gets paid $17M per over the next three years.  That's incredibly expensive.  If he was the only player traded, you'd expect Miami to pick up $21M of his remaining contract.  I just don't see what they got.  For the money paid to Buerhle, they could've signed Sanchez.  They got Reyes for the bargain price of $18.2M, but they already had Escobar.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

The Twins used to be pretty good at building up to top contention, tearing it down, and repeating it again, but they have not been serious contenders in a long time.

They should've traded Mauer and Morneau already.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" You will be eating the crow, as the team finished up the dog days of August and early September"

If indeed that is the case, he'll be sitting next to you while you chug away on your heaping pile of crow that is building up, between your preseason howls to fire Cherry, who has built a very solid and likeable team, to Shane, to Napoli, to Papi, you have been very, very wrong on this team on almost every level. 

It's still early so things could even out for you, but right now I can't think of a forum poster who was more off on this team than you were in the preseason. 

Congratulations on being in pole position for the wrongest of the wrong...