Ryan Freel RIP

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnglishSox. Show EnglishSox's posts

Ryan Freel RIP

RIP Ryan Freel.  Father of three daughters no longer able to deal with his inner demons.  It. Struck a cord with me as i am also a 36 year old father of three girls.  

Another reason to remember that athletes are just like us.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Re: Ryan Freel RIP

The weird thing about Freel was that he claimed to have a voice in his head named "Farney."  Everyone wrote this off to eccentricity when maybe it was schizophrenia.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

I read a story somewhere that during freel's days in cincy his teammates would wait to see which freel would show up to work, "Good Freel" or "Bad Freel". Somedays he would be cheerful giving hugs and greeting everyone and other he would just sit at his locker and stare blankley into the locker. I think he might have been bipolar as well. Freel said during his playing days he suffered 9 or 10 concussions which most likely contributed to his problem on top of his reported heavy drinking as well. On one end its sad to hear Freel took his life but on the other you wonder how he could leave behind a wife and three children.. RIP Ryan Freel.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I remember him from following the Reds. High energy guy, he would run through a wall and take over the game. Funny thing though, it never seemed to stick, he always seemed to remain a utility player, and then he got hurt and was never the same. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I think that , as human beings , we have to have feelings for other's  problems .  However , in the end ,  everyone is responsible for their own lives.  It is hard enough to live own our lives in the proper manner.  We can't save everyone else from themselves  And , it should never be the role of government to require those who live their lives responsibly to support those who do not. With all respect to Freel , he was given a lot of talent , but he blew it.  RIP , but no crocodile tears ,please. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytftwofive. Show jaytftwofive's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think that , as human beings , we have to have feelings for other's  problems .  However , in the end ,  everyone is responsible for their own lives.  It is hard enough to live own our lives in the proper manner.  We can't save everyone else from themselves  And , it should never be the role of government to require those who live their lives responsibly to support those who do not. With all respect to Freel , he was given a lot of talent , but he blew it.  RIP , but no crocodile tears ,please. 

[/QUOTE]

I'm not the most religious person but I do believe in heaven and in the past my religion taught me that people who commit suicide don't go to heaven. I never believed that. I believe Ryan is in a better place now. God won't judge him and he is in heaven. We have to be compassionate now and not judge it and pray for Ryan and his family. Six days before Christmas two years ago my cousin's son died of a drug overdose at 23. But I know it was partly suicide and a way for him to get rid of his pain. I know time heals some wounds but parents never get over losing a child. RIP Ryan and Rudy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to jaytftwofive's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm not the most religious person but I do believe in heaven and in the past my religion taught me that people who commit suicide don't go to heaven. I never believed that. I believe Ryan is in a better place now. God won't judge him and he is in heaven. We have to be compassionate now and not judge it and pray for Ryan and his family. Six days before Christmas two years ago my cousin's son died of a drug overdose at 23. But I know it was partly suicide and a way for him to get rid of his pain. I know time heals some wounds but parents never get over losing a child. RIP Ryan and Rudy.

[/QUOTE]

Okay.  Don't ever lose your faith. Sometimes , it is all that we have to try to explain the unexplainable.