Ryan Sweeney: Moron of the Year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Ryan Sweeney: Moron of the Year

How do you top his stupidity when he finally got back into the Sox lineup...pathetic.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Ryan Sweeney: Moron of the Year

He has been a total bust in Boston. To think we traded Reddick for this no-pop flop.  I know , I know , Bailey will be here someday.  Anyway , we are better off with Kalish than Sweeney.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to "Re: Ryan Sweeney: Moron of the Year": [QUOTE]He has been a total bust in Boston. To think we traded Reddick for this no-pop flop.  I know , I know , Bailey will be here someday.  Anyway , we are better off with Kalish than Sweeney. Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE] Sweeney has not been a total bust, he had a cold streak made worst by being a part time player, but he has played great d, and has been much better than Kalish.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

You all forgot about his contribution when Ells and CC were out without Kalish available.  He was the double machine and hottest hitter in the Sox lineup.  It makes me throw up listening to you fake fans complaining about everything.  Look in the mirror and you will find true definition of pathetic.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I never said he didn't contribute on this team. I'm calling him a moron for punching a door when he's finally contributing. He didn't contribute anything after April until a few games ago.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Sweeney is out for the rest of the year. The Red Sox should not have to pay him for these eight weeks as his stupidity caused the injury:

The Globe's Nick Cafardo reports via Twitter that Red Sox outfielder Ryan Sweeney is expected to miss at least eight weeks after injuring his left throwing hand by punching a door in the Red Sox dugout after Tigers second baseman Omar Infante made a diving stab to rob him of a hit in the bottom of the eighth inning of last night's game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

How has Kalish been doing since he returned to the minors?  He wasn't so great in his stint with the big club, but he'd been out of the game for a while.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In Response to Re: Ryan Sweeney: Moron of the Year:
    [QUOTE]How has Kalish been doing since he returned to the minors?  He wasn't so great in his stint with the big club, but he'd been out of the game for a while.
    Posted by soxnewmex[/QUOTE]

Overall at Pawtucket he is hitting .307/.922. He might have been slumping up in Boston but I would like to see him and a few other Pawtucket players called up rather than watch some of the fat cats who are putting in their time now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]You all forgot about his contribution when Ells and CC were out without Kalish available.  He was the double machine and hottest hitter in the Sox lineup.  It makes me throw up listening to you fake fans complaining about everything.  Look in the mirror and you will find true definition of pathetic.
    Posted by seannybboi[/QUOTE]

There is no end to you fan boys defending these stiffs. That is what is truly pathetic. This guy is hitting .260 , with zero home runs and an incredibly low 16 RBIs in 63 games.  Now , he loses his temper , and is out for the season.  Give me a break.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wideright. Show wideright's posts

Not the first or last guy to break a hand out of frustrations. Why knock this guy he has played good defence and for the most part hit decently.
    He was not the main guy we traded Reddick for, Bailey was. He has never had power and is what he is. But really this guy has done what was expected of him

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

They'll miss his defense.  No power, but he hit okay, was even hot for a while.

Hoping they trade a catcher and bring up Lava.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to Ryan Sweeney: Moron of the Year:
    [QUOTE]How do you top his stupidity when he finally got back into the Sox lineup...pathetic.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

He should have used the same power to hit the ball as he did when he hit the wall

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Punching a wall or door out of frustration is childish,stupid and selfish.Sweeney doing that may have cost the Sox a trade today,whether it was him or another outfielder.He let his lack of being able to control his emotions hurt the Red Sox as a team,and that's just stupid and selfish 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

LMAO, don...exactly....also on the serious side, he was a very good defensive OF and that was his plus.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]Sweeney is out for the rest of the year. The Red Sox should not have to pay him for these eight weeks as his stupidity caused the injury: The Globe's Nick Cafardo reports via Twitter that Red Sox outfielder Ryan Sweeney is expected to miss at least eight weeks after injuring his left throwing hand by punching a door in the Red Sox dugout after Tigers second baseman Omar Infante made a diving stab to rob him of a hit in the bottom of the eighth inning of last night's game.
    Posted by pumpsie-green[/QUOTE]

They absolutely should be able to void his contract, though I'm sure they can't.  Maybe in future years there will be a "Sweeney clause" in all contracts.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I hated getting Sweeney at first

But even w/ his power outage he had some very nice contributions

Then the injuries

Then the slumps

I was still defending him

And now this?

Seriously, just DFA him.  Get rid of him.  Don't let him back in the clubhouse. 

Man did Billy Beane man-handle Big Ben on that deal.....basically we just handed the A's over an All Star Outfielder that costs nothing and they gave up nothing to get him.  That trade is officially official - BUST.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

no question that the initial return of the Bailey-Sweeney for Reddick has been a complete one-sided trade. Waiting for Bailey is like Waiting for Guffman...queue snake about how good Bailey is..:-)...he's good, but he's not here, so what does that mean that he's good but can't pitch for Boston.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]no question that the initial return of the Bailey-Sweeney for Reddick has been a complete one-sided trade. Waiting for Bailey is like Waiting for Guffman...queue snake about how good Bailey is..:-)...he's good, but he's not here, so what does that mean that he's good but can't pitch for Boston.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

And I'll tell you something else about Bailey and his injury.  They played the footage of the injury last night - when Bailey was covering 1B and got knocked down.  It was completely his fault because he, like a lot of the Sox, are clueless on fundamentals.  You are not supposed to cross 1B or the runner (into foul ground) - you are supposed to loop around and follow the line and run parallel with the runner and never ever cross his path.  He got what he deserved and we got what we deserved.  I am getting a little tired of people defending injuries claiming there was nothing that could have prevented them.  This one was completely preventable.  100%.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

Dear Ryan,

I appreciate your apology but it's time to go home.  I wish you a fresh start with a new team next year.

Please be assured that we will continue to deposit your checks in your account through October 2nd but please do not come back to Fenway or I will have you arrested on the spot.

Sincerely,

The Nation

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

I think Sweeney wanted to avoid being traded! Lol

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ryan Sweeney: Moron of the Year : And I'll tell you something else about Bailey and his injury.  They played the footage of the injury last night - when Bailey was covering 1B and got knocked down.  It was completely his fault because he, like a lot of the Sox, are clueless on fundamentals.  You are not supposed to cross 1B or the runner (into foul ground) - you are supposed to loop around and follow the line and run parallel with the runner and never ever cross his path.  He got what he deserved and we got what we deserved.  I am getting a little tired of people defending injuries claiming there was nothing that could have prevented them.  This one was completely preventable.  100%.
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Mich: Well thought out and on the spot thread. Sweeny is a pro athlete and is not playing t-ball. Oakland picked ole Ben's pocket on that deal.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Although punching the door was a stupid thing to do, I'd rather see a player with some emotion as opposed to Miller, Lackey, and whoever else was in the dugout the other night, laughing and carrying-on during a very key point in the game.

Unlike some, at least he cares.

Sections
Shortcuts