Ryan Sweeney: Moron of the Year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Ryan Sweeney: Moron of the Year

chili, see my revisionist history thread on Podsednik, and you might think twice about who was more valuable.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Yes, me...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Ryan Sweeney: Moron of the Year:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ryan Sweeney: Moron of the Year : I would not trade Sweeney for Pods (factoring in everything e.g. O, D, age, potential, salary).....would you?
    Posted by Chilliwings[/QUOTE]

first, let me say that the player I chose would (always) depends on the other players we have on the roster........having said that, Sweeney was slumping so badly and Pods was hitting plus can still steal bases I would favor Pods.  Pods can also come off the bench to Pinch Run.  I just think he adds more to this team right now than Sweeney does........

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

24-for-62, 9 multiple hit games in 16 starts....387, 6 steals, 1 HR, 7 RBI....nahhh, you don't want  that....let's instead have 0 HR, 14 RBI or 8-for-73 slump guys with no RBI....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

[QUOTE]So many posters in the last two years have used " revisionist" in  their threads and posts. Can you name them?
    Posted by Calzone65[/QUOTE]
    • I thought you had (pathetically) decided to banish "Calzone65" from your creepy stable of handles on the grounds that it used to have one, antiquated, forgotten, definition as a pejorative?
    • How long has it been since an upaid human being - other than yourself, if you can even manage that! - has agreed to have sex with you?
    • 5 years?
    • 20 years?
    • You're 70, right?.....so is 70 on the mark?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CA_Sox. Show CA_Sox's posts

[QUOTE]You all forgot about his contribution when Ells and CC were out without Kalish available.  He was the double machine and hottest hitter in the Sox lineup.  It makes me throw up listening to you fake fans complaining about everything.  Look in the mirror and you will find true definition of pathetic.
    Posted by seannybboi[/QUOTE]

Totally agree with you... if players arent succeeding all the time...the roaches come out...this is one of the reasons why players arent happy playing in Boston...a lot of these types of fans are as fickle as they come....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from candre99. Show candre99's posts

This is actually a trade. Sweeney for Kalish . Double fun we don't have to play Sweeney anymore

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ds00. Show ds00's posts

[QUOTE]He has been a total bust in Boston. To think we traded Reddick for this no-pop flop.  I know , I know , Bailey will be here someday.  Anyway , we are better off with Kalish than Sweeney.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering why I keep wasting my time, reading the opinions of all memory-challenged idyotts of RedSoxNation. You can never win with them, as there is no way they'll ever remember (or understand) how individual players contribute. When it comes to JDDrew or AGonzalez - well, he doesn't care enough. Beckett or CCrawford or Ellsbury? - injured all the time, all that money, chicken wings and beer - of course, he doesn't care! Valentine or Youkilis or Sweeney? - how can he let his teammates down, why is  he so reckless, why doesn't he keep his mouth shot? Endless BS, knee-jerk reactions to whatever happened this or that week, in complete oblivion to the real long-term record and complete ignorance to the nature of this game and to whatever really happens on the field.

So, to all those amnesiacs out there, Sweeney was quite a remarkable player, this season. He played with obvious passion and abnegation, undoubtedly being among the most intense guys on the roster. Everybody knew about his power/HR issue, before the start of the season. But really, why care about HRs when he showed he could hit doubles and triples as often as anyone else.
    As for the ridiculous injury he caused himself, of course, it's more than regrettable and he's the sole culprit;... but it's the almost logical conclusion of the fact he (appears to) care exceedingly about every single play he's involved in. If you did not notice that, you did not follow RS this year.  

So, yo, Ryan Sweeney, if you get to read this, please be assured that we are not all amnesiacs and morons. Your passion and talents did not escape the notice of many fans. Many of us appreciated your efforts and willingness to give it all, especially at a time when most of the divas in the team did not seem to care about our (fans') exasperation. There was a stretch of couple of months when you were the only RS player if wished to see at plate with two outs and RISP. Too bad you couldn't keep your cool, yesterday: you deprived yourself of a possibly exciting finish of this season, and deprived us of the pleasure to see you rebounding and contribute greatly in the playoff. ;) So, really, get well, and hope to see you back in the field, showing the same intensity and skill, next year.
    Peace yo!