S Drew benched...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

S Drew benched...

Now he's been benched after continuing his futility at the plate this season...

Who was the poster who kept on insisting S DREW was an above average ballplayer? 

WAR anyone? 

Not taking the 15 mil might have been one of the dumbest moves ever...he will be lucky to have a MLB job next season if he keeps this up...maybe JD needs a fishing buddy

As always - 100% correct!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: S Drew benched...

Still on it huh Georom?  Dang, did Stephen steal your HS sweetheart or something?  Hey, whatever you do, dont let it go though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

Still on it huh Georom?  Dang, did Stephen steal your HS sweetheart or something?  Hey, whatever you do, dont let it go though.

How much does your shoulder hurt after carrying all that water for him Space? You could fill the Forum for naval battles I bet....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

How much does your shoulder hurt after carrying all that water for him Space? You could fill the Forum for naval battles I bet....

[object HTMLDivElement]

As usual, your critique of my posting shows how little you actually read and comprehend.  I have never remotely defended (Stephen) Drew as a ballplayer.  the only thing I have argued this year - and admittedly, I did it alot (because so many people kept getting it wrong despite actual timeline facts) - is that Drew was not signed and then Bogaerts moved to make room for him.  Drew was not a target.  He was just, for all intents and purposes, the only decent option, given the situation.  I think Drew is a solid if unspectacular shortstop and a mediocre hitter.  Is that carrying water?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Drew was an above average shortstop LAST YEAR.  That is simply a fact.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to RigatoniT's comment:

lol. Love it.... I get tired of the idiot Positive Fan to geo ... every Sox player is gold to them.... they justified trading Iggy because of a weak bat and then defend JBJR to the mat and he has a weaker bat. 

Yeah right.  All 'Positive Fans' say exactly the same things and never say a negative word about everything.

On the other hand, 'Negative Fans' like georom and Rigatoni also say exactly the same things and never say a positive word about everything.

There you go - everything is black and white and Simple Simon for you.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Not taking the 15 mil might have been one of the dumbest moves ever...he will be lucky to have a MLB job next season if he keeps this up...maybe JD needs a fishing buddy

right up there with offering it ;-)

no doubt he wishes he could have that 1 back

is it fair to wonder how much missing 1/2 season hurt him

is it fair to multiply that times 3 and think castillo ;-)

< just having fun >

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam789123. Show jam789123's posts

I'm glad I didn't start this post!  I have been getting beaten up every time I criticized this bum up until the skanks took him.  It will be fun to watch how Boras polishes this turd into any type of meaningful offer.  I just hope Ben's man crush is completely over after the playoffs last year and his horrid performance this year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

lol. Love it.... I get tired of the idiot Positive Fan to geo ... every Sox player is gold to them.... they justified trading Iggy because of a weak bat and then defend JBJR to the mat and he has a weaker bat.

Maybe some people just prefer to see the positive in things, rather than harping on the negative all the time?   Or maybe they try to understand the rationale behind things before bashing?

As a fan, I just don't understand bashing players that play on your team.   I have never understood that mentality, and don't think I ever will.

IRT Iglesias, I am a huge fan of defense. I much prefer a strong defensive SS over a strong offensive one. I justified trading Iglesias because he was expendable, not because he had a weak bat.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Now he's been benched after continuing his futility at the plate this season...

Who was the poster who kept on insisting S DREW was an above average ballplayer? 

WAR anyone? 

As always - 100% correct!

B I N G O   DAT  !!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

lol Hfx....you're nothing if not consistent...his inability to get signed last year and now start suggests otherwise -but keep the faith!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

of course they do T, the Iggy bashing was just shameless...the positive fans slandered Iggy the entire time when Drew was hurt saying he was a flash in a pan hitting wise and even after he was traded saying he would fizzle out.....what a joke

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

lol Hfx....you're nothing if not consistent...his inability to get signed last year and now start suggests otherwise -but keep the faith!

Yes, I'm consistent in saying that he was an above average shortstop LAST YEAR.  Because the numbers say so, and, it's the darndest thing -  the numbers never change!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

What HFX said is true: his defense was solid, and he ranked SEVENTH in the majors in OPS (out of 40) when compared to ML SS with over 100 PAs last year during the regular season. 

Unfortunately, after the regular season, he has stunk. But last year he WAS above average. And that IS a fact.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Drew sucks man.... just drop it already

He didn't suck LAST YEAR.  It's a fact, why should I drop it?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

because he did suck last year... as a player he is nothing... just about any other SS could have helped us last year win.... "above average" ??? lol. Big deal.

Nope, he didn't suck last year.  Now you're just spouting.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from az55. Show az55's posts

Why a Drew thread when he is gone?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

expendable? for who? Drew? lol

Yes, last year he was expendable because we had Drew.  In terms of the long term, he was expendable because the Sox have Bogaerts, Cecchini, and Marrero to play on the left side of the IF.

Anyone bashing Drew's play for the Sox last year is just bashing for the sake of bashing.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

because he did suck last year... as a player he is nothing... just about any other SS could have helped us last year win.... "above average" ??? lol. Big deal.

Nope, he didn't suck last year.  Now you're just spouting.   

He missed 35 games to open the season, his bat was hollow during the play-offs... and nobody signed him over the winter.... he is nothing.

I guess you can have him on your team... I will take Xander and a year ago I would take Iggy.... 

Hey, let's check it out, why not?  Here's 2013 Drew vs. 2014 Xander:

2013 Drew

Games 124

PA 501

253/333/443

OPS 777

HR 13

RBI 67

Errors 8

2014 Xander

Games 118

PA 485

223/293/333

OPS 627

HR 8

RBI 30

Errors 18

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Iggy - 3 yr BA = .274 in 424 AB's including .259 with Detroit last year.

XBo - 2 yr BA = .225 in 479 AB's including .223 this year.

The defense speaks for itself.

I maintain that Ben Cherrinton has to be the luckiest GM in baseball.  Had Iggy finished 1st instead of 2nd in the ROY voting last year...

OR

Had Iggy been able to play this year...

The fans would be looking for Ben Cherrinton's head on a platter.

Any owners who sign previously suspended PED abusers to a big $$ contract are as guilty of perpetuating the PED problem as are the players.

And I have never posted here under any other names.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to S5's comment:

Iggy - 3 yr BA = .274 in 424 AB's including .259 with Detroit last year.

XBo - 2 yr BA = .225 in 479 AB's including .223 this year.

The defense speaks for itself.

I maintain that Ben Cherrinton has to be the luckiest GM in baseball.  Had Iggy finished 1st instead of 2nd in the ROY voting last year...

OR

Had Iggy been able to play this year...

The fans would be looking for Ben Cherrinton's head on a platter.

Any owners who sign previously suspended PED abusers to a big $$ contract are as guilty of perpetuating the PED problem as are the players.

Regardless of whether either of those things occurred, or both, and despite Bogaerts having a less than acceptable year, trading Iggy for Peavy was a good move. It was a good move at the time it happened, even before knowing what the outcome of the season would be.  It looks even better after winning the WS.

I have faith in Bogaerts.  He will be a very good player.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

The only way trading Iggy for Peavy can be considered to be a “good move” is if it’s looked at through the eye of the Sox winning the WS and believing that since that happened everything that happened that year MUST have been right.

Lest we get all tangled up in the nostalgia of Jake Peavy, here’s what he brought to the team:

Peavy went 4-1 in 10 starts with an ERA of just over 4.00. That looks respectable until one realizes that two of those wins came against two of the worst teams in the NL, Colorado and San Francisco. The Sox won their division by 5 ½ games, which means they’d have won the division if my grandmother had pitched in place of Peavy in those wins.

In the post season he had ONE good start, going 5.2 innings against Tampa Bay in Game 3 of the ALDS and giving up one run. That’s if you consider 5.2 innings to be a ‘good start’, and for the sake of argument I’ll willing to go along with that.

He went 3 innings in the ALCS and gave up seven runs (ERA of 21.00) and in the WS he went four innings and gave up two runs in four innings (ERA 4.50)

Even through all of that I liked what Peavy brought in terms of his attitude and grit, and I wouldn’t have minded having him, but we gave up too much to get him, which prevents it from being called a “good trade”. This has the potential to be there with the Jeff Bagwell for Larry Anderson trade, the difference is that since the Sox won the WS in 2013 this horrible trade will be justified by some.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Did I say horrible?  I meant dreadful. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Or hideous.

Sections
Shortcuts