S Drew Era Off To Great Start!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: S Drew Era Off To Great Start!

In response to softlaw2's comment:

S. Drew is flashing the leather and driving the ball into the gaps. His great energy has been infectuous in a lineup that one poster calls one of the best in all of MLB. It's going to be fun!

Since S. Drew activiated for the first time ever with the Red Sox:

0-1

0-2

Yes, his SSERA is horrible too.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

.120 and trending down.

Like all Sox fans I have high hopes for JBJ and wish him well.  But like all sensible Sox fans it was a huge ask for an AA guy to emerge in MLB.  As for ST stats....."Hello, Bill".

Softy, any comments on JBJ?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Yes, a huge embarrassing blunder to put him in the majors. It probably cost the team at least 3 of the 4 losses. His OBP is under .100!

Your sarcasm is very ponderous, Softy.  You know I am generally favourable toward control....but I agree letting him start the season in the absence of Ortiz made sense.  It's still a pretty small sample size, but the numbers are getting nasty.  Even though JBJ seems a bright, solid young man it must be eating at him.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Yes, a huge embarrassing blunder to put him in the majors. It probably cost the team at least 3 of the 4 losses. His OBP is under .100!

Yes, he has caused 3-4 losses in 2 games. I agree 100%.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

another reason why people in boston hate the sox now, benching a 450 hitting for a bleeping drew. They deserve to lose.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

They got him for slugging, and I'm impressed with how he drives the ball in the gaps.

you act as if hes Papi. they didnt get him to be a "slugger" you fool

He was on base 3 times last night and got the only hit in the 9th

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to BostonBruinss' comment:

another reason why people in boston hate the sox now, benching a 450 hitting for a bleeping drew. They deserve to lose.

yes, not liking a player because of his name...your one of the bright ones...I can tell.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Softlaw's threads are both clever and informative, and his love of the Red Sox and humanity in general shines through with every word. I laughed. I cried. I extolled the virtues of Coco Crisp. What a wonderful poster this man is.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

They got him for slugging, and I'm impressed with how he drives the ball in the gaps.

They didn't get him for his career .328 OBP either, southie. (.328 places him at #16 out of 42 SSs since 2009.)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

They didn't get him for his career .328 OBP either, southie. (.328 places him at #16 out of 42 SSs since 2009.)

I understand. nothing he does will be good enough because it isnt Iggy...

Hes already made an outstanding play his 1st night and was on base 3 times last night...But no credit.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Moon, 

I'd say he's probably cost them at least 9 of the first 4 losses, at least by "Soft One" logic.

Are we allowed to scratch our collective heads in confusion.  

Hutch or is it Hetch

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

As far as JBJr discussion goes, he may need more seasoning in the minors or he may not.  I'm sure most will recall the horrendous start that Pedroia had in the majors.  Francona stuck with him, and he turned into one of the most valuable RS players.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to RSPCB73's comment:

As far as JBJr discussion goes, he may need more seasoning in the minors or he may not.  I'm sure most will recall the horrendous start that Pedroia had in the majors.  Francona stuck with him, and he turned into one of the most valuable RS players.

pedey had many more AB's at AA and AAA than JBJ...totally different.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Oh Softy, would you actualy admit to making an error in judgement with regard to your being a huge proponant of bringing up JBJ to start the year or are you just saying the blunder is of a making by the Red Sox front office. Would you actually admit you were wrong in front of the BDC. If you do I'll bow down and kiss your left big toe, "well maybe not". 

Hetch

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

Southpaw, I do agree with your observation.  The opportunity to season JBJr in the monir may just be around the corner with Papi due back soon.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Hes already made an outstanding play his 1st night and was on base 3 times last night...But no credit.

Southie, I have never, ever put down a player over a 1 or 2 game sample size. I rarely even make any judgements based on sample sizes smaller than a month or two.

I was responding to your claim that Drew was not signed for his SLG%, but I am arguing that that was a huge part of it. Yes, it was great he go on base 3 times last night, but his OBP skills (though projected better than Iggy's) was not the reason we signed him.

I hope he can improve on his .328 OBP. That might help make up for some of the defnse lost by sending Iggy down. Drew will make some nice plays in the field from time to time. You don't get to be a long time MLb SS by stinking out there. I do think there have been and will be plays that he doesn't make that Iggy would have, but I know you and otehrs don't want to get into that useless talk.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

Moon, 

I'd say he's probably cost them at least 9 of the first 4 losses, at least by "Soft One" logic.

Are we allowed to scratch our collective heads in confusion.  

Hutch or is it Hetch

Math was never softy's strong suit, but then again, what is?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to RSPCB73's comment:

Southpaw, I do agree with your observation.  The opportunity to season JBJr in the monir may just be around the corner with Papi due back soon.

I think he will be a very good MLB player. Just a little more seasoning in AAA and he will be ready.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Southie, I have never, ever put down a player over a 1 or 2 game sample size. I rarely even make any judgements based on sample sizes smaller than a month or two.

I was responding to your claim that Drew was not signed for his SLG%, but I am arguing that that was a huge part of it. Yes, it was great he go on base 3 times last night, but his OBP skills (though projected better than Iggy's) was not the reason we signed him.

I hope he can improve on his .328 OBP. That might help make up for some of the defnse lost by sending Iggy down. Drew will make some nice plays in the field from time to time. You don't get to be a long time MLb SS by stinking out there. I do think there have been and will be plays that he doesn't make that Iggy would have, but I know you and otehrs don't want to get into that useless talk.

I know we dont agree ( I see his OBP a little higher because I dont count coming back from the ankle injury last year. Most dont do well right away after being sidelined for a year), but I just wish those that are jumping at the chance to say something negative about him would also say something when he does do something good. But I understand with some people here (not talking about you) they wont do that because it conflicts with what they wanted. Its pathetic that Ive read comments here that some dont like him because of his last name. How freakin dumb is that?  Sorry, but thats not logical at all and sounds like pink hat talk.

You know Ive been a big supporter of Iggy. But we have Drew, who is a good ballplayer. Too bad most Boston fans act the way they do and just cant sit back and see that. such a sense of entitlement and big egos around here.

Sections
Shortcuts