S Drew Era Off To Great Start!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: S Drew Era Off To Great Start!

Hey Softy! how's your boy JBJ doing? has not hit a ball out of the infield in an entire week..........

Just moving on to the next subject I see! 

Ignore, Evade, Redirect and Drivel!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

"He is farm bound next week simpleton".

Conan

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

On to my IGNORE LIST, not you care !! I don't really care either. I just block TROLLS !!

Hetch

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

JBJR was the right call to start the season.... now we can send him down, no questions asked. You dolts don't realise it was a great experience for him.... just like last September was for Iggy!

It would be a great experience for anyone, that doesn't justify bringing a kid up before he is ready.  You give good prospects a cup of coffee, but you don't put them in a position to be an everyday player where they are not ready. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

he wasn't put in to be the everday player, he was out in as a sub until the team got Ortiz back. He was (is) the best option. 

"cup of coffee" makes you sound like a wuss. 

a wuss? lol I don't have to insult people to converse.  And cup of coffee is a common term used in this sport we like to call baseball

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

And a kid who spent half of last season in single a was OBVIOUSLY not the right call.  And I don't know if this has helped or harmed him.  If he is capable of being a great MLB player then I would guess it would be helpful and not harmful, but you don't do that on opening day.  You field the best team on opening day.  You bring up young prospects who are close in august for a CUP OF COFFEE!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

S. Drew is flashing the leather and driving the ball into the gaps. His great energy has been infectuous in a lineup that one poster calls one of the best in all of MLB. It's going to be fun!

Since S. Drew activiated for the first time ever with the Red Sox:

0-1

0-2

Well , small sample or not, they haven't won a game since Iggy was sent down!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

expanded rosters, you have a much better idea of where you stand.  All that is besides the point, you don't bring a kid up to the majors to play if he is far away from being ready.  As a kid who started last year in single A and slowed down in double A he had no place being promoted this quickly.  he cause a bunch of hype based off of a hot spring training.  I stated numerous times that players are pitched to differently in ST and Bradley will likely cool off very quickly when the season began. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Bradley, Jr. has done well in his long 8 games MLB career in the #8 and #9 hitting slot. His OBP is under .100, and he'll joing another player who wasn't able to hit the ball out of the infield past single A ball, Iglesias.

With Gomes and Nava, and now the addition of Drew. this team is exciting and is going to win a higher percentage of games due to guys who can slug the ball out of the infield.

Don't call Bradley, Jr. a "boy".

Your wild blending of sarcasm, sincerity and vitriol is fascinating. Getting more and more frantic and strange by the day.  Its like, thanks to on-line community,  we are all getting a first-hand study of a descent into madness.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Yes, his SSERA is horrible too.

Maybe they should make him a catcher.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

Bradley, Jr. has done well in his long 8 games MLB career in the #8 and #9 hitting slot. His OBP is under .100, and he'll joing another player who wasn't able to hit the ball out of the infield past single A ball, Iglesias.

With Gomes and Nava, and now the addition of Drew. this team is exciting and is going to win a higher percentage of games due to guys who can slug the ball out of the infield.

Your wild blending of sarcasm, sincerity and vitriol is fascinating. Getting more and more frantic and strange by the day.  Its like, thanks to on-line community,  we are all getting a first-hand study of a descent into madness.

The more he gets people talking about Drew, the less they talk about JBJ, Overbay, Kotchman, Nicked up Johnson, Has Been Sheets, Ramon Noodle Hernandez, and on and on...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

The more he gets people talking about Drew, the less they talk about JBJ, Overbay, Kotchman, Nicked up Johnson, Has Been Sheets, Ramon Noodle Hernandez, and on and on...

sweet softy-naming there moon.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

ok boy

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I'm all for Iggy as out Ft SS as everyone knows, but I am cautioning those other Iggy boosters to not use small sample hitting numbers to make your case: they will come back to bite your behind as the sample size grows.

Drew is going to hit significantly better than Iggy this year. Then your arguments go "poof". Argue for the right reasons: Iggys is a tremendous fielding SS who will make out staff more confident, more rested, and more successful.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I'm all for Iggy as out Ft SS as everyone knows, but I am cautioning those other Iggy boosters to not use small sample hitting numbers to make your case: they will come back to bite your behind as the sample size grows.

Drew is going to hit significantly better than Iggy this year. Then your arguments go "poof". Argue for the right reasons: Iggys is a tremendous fielding SS who will make out staff more confident, more rested, and more successful.

Yes Moon.  Fully agree.  I was not on the Iggy boat prior to this year because, while I would never under-estimate the value of a great shortstop, I also would never underestimate the problem of a guy not being able to hit his way out of a paper-bag ... which I wasn't sure Jose had  reached the point of being able to do.  After ST and the start of the year, I now think differently.  While he certainly would return to earth from his puffy average of the first week, he can eat least hit out of a ... what ... cardboard box? .. now, and that is good enough for me.

Problem is, management had the paper bag concern too, and went out and rented Drew at at Backbay Penthouse rent to hold the line til Iggy got to cardboard box stage.

Now, they have a dilemna.  Bury 9 million on the bench, or play him and see if you can move him?  Its a bad business situation.  But I understand why they are doing what they are doing.

But I want Belangias back up gobbling everything on the right side and ripping holes in cardboard boxes.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

S. Drew is flashing the leather and driving the ball into the gaps. His great energy has been infectuous in a lineup that one poster calls one of the best in all of MLB. It's going to be fun!

Since S. Drew activiated for the first time ever with the Red Sox:

0-1

0-2

you know if you go after Drew you better be able to accept the prformances of Crawford and Lowrie. You can't say it is just the beginning of the season for Lowrie and CC and not say the same for Drew.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Yes Moon.  Fully agree.  I was not on the Iggy boat prior to this year because, while I would never under-estimate the value of a great shortstop, I also would never underestimate the problem of a guy not being able to hit his way out of a paper-bag ... which I wasn't sure Jose had  reached the point of being able to do.  After ST and the start of the year, I now think differently.  While he certainly would return to earth from his puffy average of the first week, he can eat least hit out of a ... what ... cardboard box? .. now, and that is good enough for me.

Problem is, management had the paper bag concern too, and went out and rented Drew at at Backbay Penthouse rent to hold the line til Iggy got to cardboard box stage.

Now, they have a dilemna.  Bury 9 million on the bench, or play him and see if you can move him?  Its a bad business situation.  But I understand why they are doing what they are doing.

But I want Belangias back up gobbling everything on the right side and ripping holes in cardboard boxes.

He has something like 5 infield hits out of his 9, and 3 of the other ones were ground ball hits. I'm not sure if is not still in "paperbag" mode and not "cardboard box" mode.

People accuse me of being all about the numbers, which isn't true, but Iggy's offensive numbers this year should not be used to justify him staying on the big club.

His defense, yes. His offense, no.