S. Drew has Permanent Ankle Structural Damage

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Re: S. Drew has Permanent Ankle Structural Damage

Agreed. Ben C with another signing that prevents Bogaerts from making his way to the majors and a $9.5M band aid flush.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to ADG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Agreed. Ben C with another signing that prevents Bogaerts from making his way to the majors and a $9.5M band aid flush.

[/QUOTE]

Complain, complain, complain.  Please explain how a 1-year contract is going to hold back the 20-year old Bogaerts and his vast experience of 23 AA games?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ADG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Complain, complain, complain.  Please explain how a 1-year contract is going to hold back the 20-year old Bogaerts and his vast experience of 23 AA games?

[/QUOTE]

LOL 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Seriously.  Take your time

In your captious rant, you need a comma after "Seriously".  Also, Drew's damaged goods is a contraction for "Drew is damaged goods".

You make great efforst to be captious and appear to be intelligent, but I hope it's just your anger and not genetic mental deficits that are no fault of your own.

Also, this message board is not paper, but your brain seems to function like a single sheet of paper.

James Worthy was from my region and I same him play many times in high school. I believed him to be the greatest baseball player ever, before the injury as a teenager. The fact that he's in the top 50 is a reflection of the damage the injury did.

Drew has never been considred to one of the top 50 MLB players in the last ten years, much less the top 50 MLB of all-time. He also suffered permanent structural ankle damage well beyond his youth.

If you want to discuss the issue, then don't make a fool of yourself by trying to make yourself appear intelligent and reasoned. Your first comment is always the standard mania anger driven catatonic juvenile delinquent blather.

[/QUOTE]

I was just pushing your buttons.  It is easy and you're cute when you get all flustered.

So back to your fantastic Worthy analogy.

"You believed" he would be the best basketball player of all time because you saw him in high school. He was injured in college by the way.

Then he was picked number one in the NBA draft, made the HOF and was named one of the top 50 players of all time. 

He was incredibly successful in his NBA career. 3 championships.  7 time all star.

So much in common with Drew here I don't even know what to say.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from daveymo1234. Show daveymo1234's posts

[QUOTE]

There is no way this guy has any business as an everyday SS. He cannot provide the range and agility necessary to field the position well enough to be a net positive. His offense is the reason why this absurd 10 million guarantee deal was done, and Boras had to know just how easy it is to rip off a management team that seems to think SS is about OPS and marginal fielding v. elite fielding and marginal plate work.

He offers nothing, overall, that made his former employers disposed to any approach but to let him become a payroll burden for another team.

He comes with bad former employment references and an uethical partime ambulance chaser and used car salesman as his agent.

But even if you subscribe to SS as a position that is filled by profiles who project well vs. peers on the plate work, the permanent structural damage he has to one of his wheels should be the deal breaker for even those who look at SS as a "hits well enough to make his defense acceptable as I value SS defense based on scoring errors and fielding % and I ignore range, agility and quickness".

I expect that, one year from now, Drew will benefit from Fenway on his slash line, but will have a net  negative on "runs produced v. runs prevented" as opposed to Iglesias. The used car salesman agent will sieze upon the ignorance of medical records and defensive performance over a season, and will use the Red Sox to make a multi-year market for a player who has a one year low single digit value and fit for the Red Sox.  

SOFTY LIE # 22,784....SORRY FOR THE DELAY IN RESPONDING...TOOK ME AWHILE TO COUNT THEM ALL UP...face 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]

Drew's injury, which came on a slide to the plate, was gruesome. His foot bent at an awkward angle, causing him to break his fibula and suffer ligament damage. He had a plate attached to the bone as part of the surgery.

James Worthy had a serious ankle injury, but he was a teenager. He never was the same, which is a testament to how great a player he was before the injury.

When you have been on this earth long enough, it doesn't take much intelligence to understand athletic mortality.

I though Boras' comments about "his rehab and he's worked hard to increase his lateral movement" was almost as bad as "he's a franchise player". It's meaningless rhetoric from a bad saleman working in a business with a lot of incompetent GM's with a lot of money to spend.

[/QUOTE]

If he played on crutches, he's still be better on offense which is what the Sox want, don't they. I mean with Napoli at 1B, Gomes in LF, and Salty behind the plate, all we need is a cripple at SS and we'll be all set!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

There is no way this guy has any business as an everyday SS. He cannot provide the range and agility necessary to field the position well enough to be a net positive. His offense is the reason why this absurd 10 million guarantee deal was done, and Boras had to know just how easy it is to rip off a management team that seems to think SS is about OPS and marginal fielding v. elite fielding and marginal plate work.

He offers nothing, overall, that made his former employers disposed to any approach but to let him become a payroll burden for another team.

He comes with bad former employment references and an uethical partime ambulance chaser and used car salesman as his agent.

But even if you subscribe to SS as a position that is filled by profiles who project well vs. peers on the plate work, the permanent structural damage he has to one of his wheels should be the deal breaker for even those who look at SS as a "hits well enough to make his defense acceptable as I value SS defense based on scoring errors and fielding % and I ignore range, agility and quickness".

I expect that, one year from now, Drew will benefit from Fenway on his slash line, but will have a net  negative on "runs produced v. runs prevented" as opposed to Iglesias. The used car salesman agent will sieze upon the ignorance of medical records and defensive performance over a season, and will use the Red Sox to make a multi-year market for a player who has a one year low single digit value and fit for the Red Sox.  

[/QUOTE]

You must be right on this because if Drew was healthy Sox wouldn't have signed him. I can see a 9 mil back-up or another injury prone  Boras brat. When do teams stop dealing with Boras??  Dam ! He could get a guy in a wheelchair signed to play centerfield... That 's no sh...it !!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Just wondering how a guy with a bum ankle can be traded to a contending playoff team in 2012 and play in virtually all remaining games on there schedule (39) at the SS position and help them reach the postseason?

He must have used duct tape to hold that ankle together and then he also must have brought his own x-ray film of the ankle to Boston when he passed the Sox physical.

The OP was asked to produce a link with documentation about this injury and all we got was a comparative story about James Worthy from his college days...I found it somewhat confusing that he'd choose a HOF basketball player to tell us how Drew is going to fail in Boston.

Why James Worthy was used here still confuses me, but I guess we're being told he would have been the greatest player of all time if it wasn't for his ankle injury...yeah and maybe Len Bias would have been even better than Worthy if he decided not to OD on coke.

Fact is, it is a ONE year deal...if Drew is good he helps himeslef and the Sox in 2013...if he is the bum that the OP suggests, then the Sox can easily cut their losses and move on to the next guy.

Much ado about nothing!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just wondering how a guy with a bum ankle can be traded to a contending playoff team in 2012 and play in virtually all remaining games on there schedule (39) at the SS position and help them reach the postseason?

He must have used duct tape to hold that ankle together and then he also must have brought his own x-ray film of the ankle to Boston when he passed the Sox physical.

The OP was asked to produce a link with documentation about this injury and all we got was a comparative story about James Worthy from his college days...I found it somewhat confusing that he'd choose a HOF basketball player to tell us how Drew is going to fail in Boston.

Why James Worthy was used here still confuses me, but I guess we're being told he would have been the greatest player of all time if it wasn't for his ankle injury...yeah and maybe Len Bias would have been even better than Worthy if he decided not to OD on coke.

Fact is, it is a ONE year deal...if Drew is good he helps himeslef and the Sox in 2013...if he is the bum that the OP suggests, then the Sox can easily cut their losses and move on to the next guy.

Much ado about nothing!

[/QUOTE]

Yup! Who cares if he doesn't pan out? It's not like it's taxpayer money going to Solyndra.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

[QUOTE]

ARE YOU SPEAKING ABOUT THE GUY WHO SCORED 29 RUNS WITH 16 RBIS AND 5 HRS WHO MADE THE A's A BETTER TEAM DOWN THE STRETCH?

He comes with bad former employment references (PLEASE ADD WHERE AND HOW YOU KNOW THIS) 

and an uethical partime ambulance chaser and used car salesman as his agent.

SO YOU BEGRUDGE AN AGENT WHO DOES WELL FOR HIS CLIENT. SHOULD TAKE YOUR FRUSTRATION OUT ON RS FO...AS YOU ALWAYS DO WHEN THEY DO NOT DO AS YOU SAY WHICH IS ALL OF THE TIME.

If you only value SS based upon scoring errors and F% but ignore range alone your theory is flawed.  If a guy has better range he gets to more balls thus more chances (BTW this is proven when you look at all stats). So if a guy has more chances as in some cases 600 to 500 and has more scoring errors in your theory he is not as good as the guy with less errors. Yet the guy who has more chances may have saved 20 more runs. RANGE is a FACTOR IN ERRORS AND F% YOU CAN NOT REMOVE IT FROM THE EQUATION.

I expect that, one year from now, Drew will benefit from Fenway on his slash line, but will have a net  negative on "runs produced v. runs prevented" as opposed to Iglesias.

THIS SOMETHING THAT WE WILL HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE ABOUT.

The used car salesman agent will sieze upon the ignorance of medical records and defensive performance over a season, and will use the Red Sox to make a multi-year market for a player who has a one year low single digit value and fit for the Red Sox.

THIS IS DOUBTFUL SINCE WE HOPE IGGY WILL BE READY FOR FULL TIME 2014 AND THEN MAYBE ANOTHER KID  (BOGAERTS) MAYBE READY AS WELL. 

[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

MANY HERE ARE FAR TOO READY TO THROW KIDS TO THE WOLVES AND LET THEM SINK OR SWIM. THEN THEY'D BE THE FIRST TO SAY WHY DID THE RS ALLOW HIM TO PLAY AND RUIN HIS CONFIDENCE.

IGGY HAS NOT SHOWN THE ABILTY TO HIT 200 IN MLB. BOGAERTS HAS MINIMAL TIME IN AA.

BOTH MAYBE GREAT DEFENSIVE PLAYERS BUT PUTTING THEM IN TO SOON CAN RUIN THEIR CARREER.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yup! Who cares if he doesn't pan out? It's not like it's taxpayer money going to Solyndra.

[/QUOTE]

Ike, so how many Sox games do you attend each season and spend your hard earned money on this team?

Plus, ticket prices have been set for 2013...and since they already have one of the highest prices in MLB, I think it's a good idea to at least try to spend it on improving the product on the field, rather than do nothing and then listen to guys like you complain that they aren't spending.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Softlaw1's garbage.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You forgot to attach your documentation about permanent structural damage.

[/QUOTE]

I was going to say the same thing.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:
    [QUOTE]

MANY HERE ARE FAR TOO READY TO THROW KIDS TO THE WOLVES AND LET THEM SINK OR SWIM. THEN THEY'D BE THE FIRST TO SAY WHY DID THE RS ALLOW HIM TO PLAY AND RUIN HIS CONFIDENCE.

IGGY HAS NOT SHOWN THE ABILTY TO HIT 200 IN MLB. BOGAERTS HAS MINIMAL TIME IN AA.

BOTH MAYBE GREAT DEFENSIVE PLAYERS BUT PUTTING THEM IN TO SOON CAN RUIN THEIR CARREER.

[/QUOTE]

Napoli has not shown the ability to play in more than 100 games a year regularly. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Was just listening to the Stephen Drew interview on Redsox.com. He sounds like Jeff Gordon. LOL

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[QUOTE]

Drew's injury, which came on a slide to the plate, was gruesome. His foot bent at an awkward angle, causing him to break his fibula and suffer ligament damage. He had a plate attached to the bone as part of the surgery.

[/QUOTE]

So this paragraph represents Softy's medical documentation that Drew's injury caused permanent structural damage?? I think we were actually looking for something a little more official and from a legitimate medical source!

Maybe Drew's injury was gruesome, but it's amazing the healing power of today's modern medicine...so until you show some proof of your claim, it is just your opinion!

In that case, I'll trust the Sox medical team clearing him during his physical as a sign he is healthy to be the EVERYDAY SS for the Sox in 2013...or until the trade deadline.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Napoli has not shown the ability to play in more than 100 games a year regularly. 

[/QUOTE]

Except for the last 4 years in a row.  That's what you meant, right?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

"Drew is injury"? What does that mean? This thread has permanent grammatical damage.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]

Didn't I just read this at the top of the page?  Is there an echo in this thread?

Memo to Softy, applicable for use at any time:  Your saying it does not make it so!

[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Alibiike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ike, so how many Sox games do you attend each season and spend your hard earned money on this team?

Plus, ticket prices have been set for 2013...and since they already have one of the highest prices in MLB, I think it's a good idea to at least try to spend it on improving the product on the field, rather than do nothing and then listen to guys like you complain that they aren't spending.

[/QUOTE]

You obviously missed the cynicism of my post. I live in FL so I have not had the honor of visiting Fenway. Someday hopefully. As far as spending my hard earned money, I purchase MLB Extra Innings and have a glut of RS stuff.