S. Drew has Permanent Ankle Structural Damage

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: S. Drew has Permanent Ankle Structural Damage

In response to Softlaw1's comment:

Your definition of baseball entertainment value needs more than a little work.

This from the master of gauging "value".

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Your definition of baseball entertainment value needs more than a little work.

Majority rules in this case. You can howl alone in the wilderness if you like, but most people agree more with my definition than yours.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

but most people agree more with my definition than yours.

No, most people agree that losing baseball is not a good entertainment value, which is why they are complaining more about the cost of watching games at Fenway Park. After last season, we'll see how many people agree with your definition if losing baseball becomes a habit. I doubt spending 150 million on 2013 labor is tied to "a nice day at the ballpark".

I know value. I also know market value and knew enough to know that Mauer was not going to the Yankees beause of your claim that the Twins couldn't afford him. The big difference is that value is more important than market value, and only the incomptent are deluded into thinking that the two never meet.

You are wrong.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

but most people agree more with my definition than yours.

No, most people agree that losing baseball is not a good entertainment value, which is why they are complaining more about the cost of watching games at Fenway Park. After last season, we'll see how many people agree with your definition if losing baseball becomes a habit. I doubt spending 150 million on 2013 labor is tied to "a nice day at the ballpark".

I know value. I also know market value and knew enough to know that Mauer was not going to the Yankees beause of your claim that the Twins couldn't afford him. The big difference is that value is more important than market value, and only the incomptent are deluded into thinking that the two never meet.

I will happily consider the vaildity of your stance if you can name me one good player, say in the last decade, who's actual value met his market value.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Pedroia's but one who has met his makret value over the course of his service time with the Red Sox. Ortiz, has, as well. That's going to end, most likely, this season.

Gee, I sure hope the fans know when to stop cheering their favorite players when they exceed their market value.

Sections
Shortcuts