S. Drew's Minor League Performance Log

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: S. Drew's Minor League Performance Log

Why do one game sample sizes matter only when they support your position?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Why do one game sample sizes matter only when they support your position?

As the former  S O S would say .............  "What diference does it make"  !!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from judy2006. Show judy2006's posts

Every year there are 1 or 2 players Sox the fans can't stand. I'm guessing that S. Drew will be one of them.

Watching Iggy play defense is woth the price of admission. Keep Iggy up...call the Dodgers for Drew.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

From 2006 up until the time of his ankle surgery in 2011, Drew was a .270BA .330OBP .442SLG for a .773OPS he averaged almost 150 Games a year...

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from judy2006. Show judy2006's posts

There should be no panic, either way, and they certainly should not panic and demote Iggy and gift the SS job to S. Drew. They should not worry a bit about running Carp through waivers, even if he goes. They have a better option in Nava who has an option left.

I agree that they should not rush this, but they appear to be rushing Drew with no reason to do so.

Carp is probably useless, Nava is a much better option.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to judy2006's comment:

There should be no panic, either way, and they certainly should not panic and demote Iggy and gift the SS job to S. Drew. They should not worry a bit about running Carp through waivers, even if he goes. They have a better option in Nava who has an option left.

I agree that they should not rush this, but they appear to be rushing Drew with no reason to do so.

Theyre not "gifting" the job to Drew. It was GIVEN to him upon signing. Farrell already said he wouldnt lose his job because of an injury.

Not sure why people dont see this. Its not like Drew has to earn the job like Iggy. Hes already a proven MLB SS.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from judy2006. Show judy2006's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Theyre not "gifting" the job to Drew. It was GIVEN to him upon signing. Farrell already said he wouldnt lose his job because of an injury.

Not sure why people dont see this. Its not like Drew has to earn the job like Iggy. Hes already a proven MLB SS.

I can't see where I said that they are gifting the job to him. Can you point it out in the above statement?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 808soxfan. Show 808soxfan's posts

Jeter will probably go through a very extended spring training. I think that Drew should do the same. He should not come up until he is hitting and fielding very well (ie numbers close to 2006-2011).

Hopefully, Drew can be moved at the trade deadline. I liked Iggy from last year (for his glove) but I understand why the Sox management might have wanted insurance. I agree with other posters that Ciriaco should have been that insurance, and not Drew. However, Iggy has clearly improved and should be given the chance to keep his position on the team.

Best 25 players.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I can't see where I said that they are gifting the job to him. Can you point it out in the above statement?

right there

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

From 2006 up until the time of his ankle surgery in 2011, Drew was a .270BA .330OBP .442SLG for a .773OPS he averaged almost 150 Games a year...

Do not confuse Softy with the facts.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from judy2006. Show judy2006's posts

right there

I didn't say that...it's a quote from another post. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

right there

I didn't say that...it's a quote from another post. 

my apologies then...I thought it was you. My bad.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Every year there are 1 or 2 players Sox the fans can't stand. I'm guessing that S. Drew will be one of them.

Watching Iggy play defense is woth the price of admission. Keep Iggy up...call the Dodgers for Drew.

B I N G O   !!!!   Young lady, you are going to do very well on this board .....  WELCOME !!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Do not confuse Softy with the facts.

I know, he hates that.

The job was already Drews and since hes already a proven MLB SS, theres absolutely no need for him to earn the job. Thats just nonsense. Iggy will have his time soon enough.

Ive been one of the biggest Iggy supporters, but he did nothing last year to prove he earned the job. The Sox covered their azz. Its good to see Iggy looking better, but Farrell already told him when Drew is back, hes going back to AAA.

PG, do you know if Ciriaco is available or still hurt?

Not sure. Hadn't really thought about it. I have not heard that he was on a rehab assignment either. Maybe he is still hurt.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

The Red Sox should send Drew and his contract to Taiwan.  Drew and Manny would make a great combo.  LOL

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Minor League Performance Game 1  Drew goes hitless

While trying to prove himself in spring training and AA Portland, S. Drew is hitting an embarrassing .157 in 19 plate appearances. The Red Sox should not try and rush Drew back on the roster, as he needs a lot more plate work to prove that he can hit MLB pitching.

Note: Drew was an embarrassing .187 in 16 Plate Apperances in Spring Training, and appears to be overmatched as a result of permanent damage that resulted in the surgery that has made him the journey man he is. He will likely play for his 4th different team, in 2014, if not before then

WM was an "embarrassing" 0 fer a bunch to start the season. Dump 'im. You appear to be overmatched due to permanent damage done during a botched surgery. You will likely post in your fourth different forum, in 2014, if not before then.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

There was a mention tonight that Drew cleared out his locker tonight in Portland after Iggy was pulled from the game. Not sure what that means--could be he was headed to the PawSox or perhaps Toronto. He had a 1 for 3 night with an RBI in a SeaDogs win over Trenton.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts