S. Drew's Minor League Performance Log

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: S. Drew's Minor League Performance Log

In response to judy2006's comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

There should be no panic, either way, and they certainly should not panic and demote Iggy and gift the SS job to S. Drew. They should not worry a bit about running Carp through waivers, even if he goes. They have a better option in Nava who has an option left.

I agree that they should not rush this, but they appear to be rushing Drew with no reason to do so.

Carp is probably useless, Nava is a much better option.

Theyre not "gifting" the job to Drew. It was GIVEN to him upon signing. Farrell already said he wouldnt lose his job because of an injury.

Not sure why people dont see this. Its not like Drew has to earn the job like Iggy. Hes already a proven MLB SS.

I can't see where I said that they are gifting the job to him. Can you point it out in the above statement?

You don't have to say it because Farrell and the Sox brass have already said it for you! I totally disagree with their plan but I'm just a lowly fan,I like Iggy and think he is a keeper. So as far as I'm concerned SC rew JD's little brother! Keep the GG SS,IGGY...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

From 2006 up until the time of his ankle surgery in 2011,

End of story, Drew needs to prove himself. So far, he's been embarrassing himself.

The reality is that Drew can't cut it on the merits. Blaming Iglesias and Ciriaco for management signing 10 million dollar old bum with a bad wheel is utterly absurd. Iglesias beat him out, plain and simple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Red Sox GM needs to take his 150 million payroll and crap about 10 million up his backside!

And for you dimwits, Ciriaco is better than old S. Drew. He keeps proving it! I hope Iggy isn't seriously hurt, but suspect managment is looking for an excuse to sweep so more of it's incompetence under the rug.

I'm sick and tired of these incompetent Red Sox GM's, and their bean counting paint by numbers nonsense!

Thank goodness Ortiz and bum S. Drew are on the DL, as that saved this team from managment incompetence. Bradley and Iglesias have been huge sparks to get this team off on the right foot. The numnuts like Paux wanted to start Bradley in the minors! He's now shilling for managment's loaded move of carting out a big elephant 10 million dollar broken wheel statue into SS.

I'm sick of it!  Merits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Merits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, because those 5 years of being an almost .800 OPS SS in MLB means nothing now...When Ciriaco plays full time, we saw why hes a utility guy. To say hes better than Drew shows a level of ignorance this board has never seen. But hey, your the king of small samples when they lean in your direction...Thanks for the laughs....again.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I thought this was a log?

Did it stop being a log when Drew went 1-3 with a double?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

There should be no panic, either way, and they certainly should not panic and demote Iggy and gift the SS job to S. Drew. They should not worry a bit about running Carp through waivers, even if he goes. They have a better option in Nava who has an option left.

I agree that they should not rush this, but they appear to be rushing Drew with no reason to do so.

Carp is probably useless, Nava is a much better option.

Theyre not "gifting" the job to Drew. It was GIVEN to him upon signing. Farrell already said he wouldnt lose his job because of an injury.

Not sure why people dont see this. Its not like Drew has to earn the job like Iggy. Hes already a proven MLB SS.

I can't see where I said that they are gifting the job to him. Can you point it out in the above statement?

You don't have to say it because Farrell and the Sox brass have already said it for you! I totally disagree with their plan but I'm just a lowly fan,I like Iggy and think he is a keeper. So as far as I'm concerned SC rew JD's little brother! Keep the GG SS,IGGY...

Iggy is a keeper and Ive been one of his biggest supporters. He did NOTHING last year to warrant handing him the starting job, so they went out and got a proven MLB SS for one year. If Iggy fell on his face this year, the same fans would be blasting the Sox for not having a back up plan. And No, Ciriaco is not a FT starter. Its good to see the improvements that Iggy has made and soon enough he will have the job IMO.  Hes going nowhere for the next 6 years unless they trade him.

I get a laugh out of fans like you with the sc r e w JD's little brother. You cant even call him by his own name. Stephen Drew is a solid, proven MLB SS. Why all the anger towards him, or in general? Thank God Iggy isnt acting like some of our own fans. At least hes showing some maturity.

Good post and well said.  You said it perfect when all Soft Guy uses to back up ANY of his arguments are VERY small sample sizes if they lean in his favor.  Typical desperate Soft Guy....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

HAHA!!!!  Oh but wait...I'm sure that double was a weak hit that the first baseman should have got but it rolled in the corner for a while and it took Drew at least 2 minutes to get into second because of his bad wheel and head....should have been an inside the park HR.....

I'm sure there will be an excuse soon....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

HAHA!!!!  Oh but wait...I'm sure that double was a weak hit that the first baseman should have got but it rolled in the corner for a while and it took Drew at least 2 minutes to get into second because of his bad wheel and head....should have been an inside the park HR.....

I'm sure there will be an excuse soon....

drew tripped while running the bases so he crawled into second. Unfortunately, the fielder was laughing so hard at the trip that he wasn't able to throw the ball.... or maybe it was pity.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

"Iggy is a keeper and Ive been one of his biggest supporters. He did NOTHING last year to warrant handing him the starting job, so they went out and got a proven MLB SS for one year. If Iggy fell on his face this year, the same fans would be blasting the Sox for not having a back up plan. And No, Ciriaco is not a FT starter. Its good to see the improvements that Iggy has made and soon enough he will have the job IMO. Hes going nowhere for the next 6 years unless they trade him."

Well said Southpaw, and a point that many seem to ignore.  Iggy has been playing well so far, and kudos to him for the improvements he has made at the plate.  But, I would not have been confident in handing him the starting job this season based on what he has shown at the plate up through last season, despite the fact that I prefer a defensive SS over an offensive one.  I also like the depth that the Drew signing gives us at that position.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

LOL Joey.

Sections
Shortcuts