Sabathia, Pineda, Kuroda, Nova, Hughes, Burnett, Garcia...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Re: Sabathia, Pineda, Kuroda, Nova, Hughes, Burnett, Garcia...

Let's see a guy who played in SafeCo and still had a terrible 2nd season and the other guy played in the NL West(aka the worst division in baseball) are expected to come to NY, deal with the pressure, constantly pitch in that ball park and still win 15+ games?

Good luck.... I know I would have kept Montero, harder to find an great Catcher than just another #3 or 4 guy in a rotation.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In Response to Re: Sabathia, Pineda, Kuroda, Nova, Hughes, Burnett, Garcia...:
    [QUOTE]Regardless of any flaws, the Yankee rotation is probably stronger now than it was at any point last season. That said, a lot of hype went into the Phillies 2011 rotation, and we all know how that turned out....
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]

you didnt like the Phils 2011 rotation????? cmon Notin - you were drooling looking at them the way Becket salivates for Popeye's in the sixth inning!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sabathia, Pineda, Kuroda, Nova, Hughes, Burnett, Garcia... : you didnt like the Phils 2011 rotation????? cmon Notin - you were drooling looking at them the way Becket salivates for Popeye's in the sixth inning!
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Or how El Guapo salivated for the entire clubhouse spread all day long. Much ado over nothing but I give you an A+ for effort.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sabathia, Pineda, Kuroda, Nova, Hughes, Burnett, Garcia... : Or how El Guapo salivated for the entire clubhouse spread all day long. Much ado over nothing but I give you an A+ for effort.
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

seriously i woulve paid good money to see El Guapo at the buffet after the game...mustve been an awesome spectacle

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sabathia, Pineda, Kuroda, Nova, Hughes, Burnett, Garcia... : Not sure where you're coming from; since the Phillies in 2011 led MLB in TEAM ERA by a ton (3.02, and with a so-so BP, and in a hitters park, no less;  -- SF was 2nd at 3.20); and led the MLB with 102 Wins (With a declining offense yet) this post baffles me; unless you're talking about the PS, which is partly a crap shoot.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]I think that was the point ! The Phillies had the best rotation in baseball bar none! St. Louis wins the WS.... The Phillies still have the best rotation in baseball and arguably one of the top 3-5 closers in the game,will they fade again? Thats why they play the games....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sabathia, Pineda, Kuroda, Nova, Hughes, Burnett, Garcia... : I think that was the point ! The Phillies had the best rotation in baseball bar none! St. Louis wins the WS.... The Phillies still have the best rotation in baseball and arguably one of the top 3-5 closers in the game,will they fade again? Thats why they play the games....
    Posted by sportsbozo1[/QUOTE]

I stand corrected then.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sabathia, Pineda, Kuroda, Nova, Hughes, Burnett, Garcia... : Or how El Guapo salivated for the entire clubhouse spread all day long. Much ado over nothing but I give you an A+ for effort.
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

Much ado over nothing...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

[QUOTE]Regardless of any flaws, the Yankee rotation is probably stronger now than it was at any point last season. That said, a lot of hype went into the Phillies 2011 rotation, and we all know how that turned out....
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]

Yep...Phillies got no further with that super rotation than Yanks did with their patchwork mound corps.  Once you make the playoffs, it is the hottest team, not the best team that always wins.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In Response to Sabathia, Pineda, Kuroda, Nova, Hughes, Burnett, Garcia...:
    [QUOTE]Interesting rotation...advantage Yankees.
    Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE]

But only one lefty...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Baseball is not played on pre-season paper. That roation is not impressive, even on paper. Depth appears solid, but depth often appears solid before the season starts.