Sabathia signs Yankee extension

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Re: Sabathia signs Yankee extension

A signing like this would be an albatross for almost every team in the league, but for the Yankees it wont matter. They can afford to get whatever they get out of CC, 16, 17, 18 wins  year and still have Budget flexiblity to fills holes where needed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I am just curious to how New Yorkers feel about having tax revenue, and perks directed at the Yankees for a new stadium - all so they can give players like CC and AFraud $100 million dollar raises.

Being curious I skimmed two New York sites and 100% of the posters complained about over-paying CC.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: Sabathia signs Yankee extension:
    [QUOTE]Like Mariano, the chances were nil that CC signed with the Red Sox. Star Yankee players never jump ship to join their rivals. Btw, I made this post at 2:19 and the post says 1:19. I've gone back in time.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE] Kim, they're really cracking down...hope you didn't leave your Delorean double-parked :-)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

[QUOTE]I am just curious to how New Yorkers feel about having tax revenue, and perks directed at the Yankees for a new stadium - all so they can give players like CC and AFraud $100 million dollar raises. Being curious I skimmed two New York sites and 100% of the posters complained about over-paying CC.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]
    Burrito.....it's a good point, but I think Most NYer's are unconcerned. Most know that no Tax dollars were used to build the Stadium and also know that where it is in the Bronx, you would be generating much tax revenue anyway. Plus, all the players since they are technically working in NYC, have to pay NYC taxes on their income, even if they live in NJ. I think Posters are complaining about overpaying CC for two reasons, one, with the econonmy the way it is, there is an all time high in resenetment towards anybody making huge money...not only ball players and two, CC had said when he signed the deal, the Opt out was only insurance just in case hos family didnt like living in the area, so they resent him personally for being somewhat dishonest. personally, it is a business and thats why he has an agent. If his agent knows he can get him more money, then CC has every right to do it.....the extra payroll doesnt affect the average guy anymore, because the average guy can't afford to buy seats in the Stadium these days anyway. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE  I think Posters are complaining about overpaying CC for two reasons, one, with the econonmy the way it is, there is an all time high in resenetment towards anybody making huge money 
    Posted by tomnev[/QUOTE]

I agree that these salaries are outrageous considering today's economy. No way are any of these players worth that kind of money...Not Sabathia, Not Crawford...None of them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]It's also a perfect example of the Yankees having no concern for the luxury tax.  They can sign players for $100 million/year each for 50 years and it doesn't matter because they will just sign more. And paying them to sit in a cheerleader's outfit wouldn't even faze them. It's a bottomless pit. There really does need to be a salary cap. It's just getting ridiculous.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Great post and I definitely agree with you. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

[QUOTE]It's also a perfect example of the Yankees having no concern for the luxury tax.  They can sign players for $100 million/year each for 50 years and it doesn't matter because they will just sign more. And paying them to sit in a cheerleader's outfit wouldn't even faze them. It's a bottomless pit. There really does need to be a salary cap. It's just getting ridiculous.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

This contract does not change the yankess anuual budget for the next four years -- they added a year at another 5 mil per year, plus an option for the sixth year. On a percenatge basis, the sox have been ramping up their payroll much more than the yanks have, Arguably the yanks have a few bad contracts (burnett, arod and igawa); so do the sox (jenks, lackey, matsusake and crawford). 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LS350. Show LS350's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sabathia signs Yankee extension : This contract does not change the yankess anuual budget for the next four years -- they added a year at another 5 mil per year, plus an option for the sixth year. On a percenatge basis, the sox have been ramping up their payroll much more than the yanks have, Arguably the yanks have a few bad contracts (burnett, arod and igawa); so do the sox (jenks, lackey, matsusake and crawford). 
    Posted by pri360[/QUOTE]

Kim doesn't let facts get in the way of her anti-Yankee rants. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

[QUOTE]CC signing with the Yanks for more $$ and years was totally expected. I don't blame CC or the Yankees for getting this done. There was literally never a chance he would have signed with our home town heros.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

I agree with you, but these opt-out clauses are terrible for team and payroll stability. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

CC signing with the Yanks for more $$ and years was totally expected. I don't blame CC or the Yankees for getting this done. There was literally never a chance he would have signed with our home town heros.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

Total no brainer for the Yanks adding one extra year. CC's embedded in his community along with his family and wants to retire a Yankee. CC's agent could have dragged this out, but CC didn't want to opt out and the Yankees rewarded him with the year. Well done by both. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

The Sox owners have more than enough cash to compete with the Yankees but choose to put that money into other enterprises such as racing and soccer so the Sox are forced to make do just below the salary cap. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

The Yamkees were smart they swooped in knew they needed the guy and with our front office and team in chaos they got it done. I do not evn know what the plan is with this team. I hope we are through picking up garbage like Miller, Jenks, Wheeler, hoping to get something on the cheap and catch lightening in a bottle. They need to get this manager thing straightened out quick so they can get involved in free agency for a right fielder, two pitchers 4th and 5th variety. Also have to have the guts to say goodbye to Wakefield and Varitek.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]The Sox owners have more than enough cash to compete with the Yankees but choose to put that money into other enterprises such as racing and soccer so the Sox are forced to make do just below the salary cap. 
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]

travern,
    Perhaps you should do some research before making such statements..the Yankees are worth in excess of 1 1/2 billion. The Sox are currently worth 833 million or about half.

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2009/33/baseball-values-09_New-York-Yankees_334613.html

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

The one thing people always forget when they compare the yankess and the Sox from an Investment/Income/Return Standpoint is that George S paid 20 million dollars for the Yankees...John Henry et al paid 700 million for the Sox(most of it financing I'm sure). That means that the Sox need to use alot of their income to pay off the financing of the team before profit is realized....George S and now sons  were making a killing with the Yankees......their return on investment obviously would be much higher. Building the new Stadium was obviously an additional expense for the Yankees, but the twist in that is that the payments for that (like Fenway improvements) comes off the revenue sharing dollars, so in essence this investment is paid for by the other teams who would have shared in the Local Revenue dollars. So despite both teams making huge dollars, the Yankee owners are in a alot better shape to keep/spend more of it.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhilTheAce. Show PhilTheAce's posts

He's only got one more year with an option for two than he would've had anyway. And what is it a $2 million a year raise? No big deal there either. This coulda been a huge disaster for the Yankees, but the contract is still worth it. This isn't another A-Rod fiasco. He's only 37 at the end of his contract, not 40+. No brainer for the Yankees to keep him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Yeah it is not big deal... he deserved it. I wish he had got more just for the heck of it... who really cares anymore... I wish they all made 10 billion a season.