Sabathia signs Yankee extension

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: Sabathia signs Yankee extension

The give him an extra 30 million to stay, that is nice piece of change. Hard to see anyone giving him more than 125 million.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Sabathia signs Yankee extension

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/2011/10/sabathia_stayin.html

http://twitter.com/#!/CC_Sabathia/status/131149202830000128

http://twitter.com/#!/Buster_ESPN/status/131151171023933440

http://twitter.com/#!/Ken_Rosenthal/status/131151483554103296

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/10/yankees-extend-cc-sabathia.html

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Don't think there was ever a doubt that he would be signed by the Yanks.  Still hard to comprehend how that staff won so many games last year. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Moonslob and many other board posters were giddy about the chance CC would be a FA and Red Sox target. I said there was zero chance CC would go anywhere but NY or the Left Coast.

Moonslob, Theo isn't going anywhere, as you said. He is still going to keep his double-wide, for tax avoidance residency purposes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

it is hard to comprehend why the Yankees feel they need to bow down and over anti on him... 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

He was overpaid before the extra $30M.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadow721. Show Shadow721's posts

Moonslav, He was over paid but, you would have jumped for joy if the Sox got him for the same money. Stop the bull please.......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

He wanted to stay and the Yankees wanted him to stay. He exercised his right, and the Yanks obliged him with a one year extension. No drama, no fuss. Guy is a horse. Now the Yankees can get on with the rest of the offseason.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Sure it is true... they are all overpaid. I just do not get what the Yankees had to fear by calling what in all likelihood was a bluff.  Being the richest team in MLB allows them to top any offer. Why not just wait it out?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Sabathia signs Yankee extension:
    [QUOTE]He was overpaid before the extra $30M.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Compared to who? LOL, all these Long Term Guys are.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

In Response to Re: Sabathia signs Yankee extension:
    [QUOTE]Hi Guys,  the last 48 hours when I post my post shows up ahead of the one I replied to. Is this happening to you?
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Yes it is and you are right it has been going on for about 2 days now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Like Mariano, the chances were nil that CC signed with the Red Sox. Star Yankee players never jump ship to join their rivals.

Btw, I made this post at 2:19 and the post says 1:19. I've gone back in time.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Hi Guys,  the last 48 hours when I post my post shows up ahead of the one I replied to. Is this happening to you?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Yes

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Yes

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

there is also a minus (-) symbol in front of time since last post on the top threads....

Frown

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfan1967. Show soxfan1967's posts

the media made too much of CC's opt out clause.  this was all hype.  No way wasa CC going to opt out and be compared to A-Roid (and for that matter JD Drew)

Right move to stay with the Yankees.  He signed a contract and should live up to his end of the deal. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Maybe they are confused and thought next week's daylight savings time change was this week.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

You should carry that news

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

You are right he was not leaving NY. He was just being greedy because he knew he
    had the Yanks on their knees. I doubt our Sox would sign him so at the end of the day he really had no other options. Not many teams could or would over pay for him
    except the Yanks. He will be broken down in a few years with AROD & JETER while making a ton of cash. The Yanks should of said opt out or honor your contract but as usuall they bend over & over pay for a player, they really need to grow a pair.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

Never an option for the Sox, just wanted to squeeze every last cent out of NY. At least NY has more overblown contracts than the Sox.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Well, half of us expected to see CC to remains as a Yankee.  His wife and the kids love living in the state of New Jersey, and love the lifestyle there.  So that is the main reason why CC isnt going to bother to test the free agency market.

Yes it is a bad signing cuz we all know that he isnt going to win at least 19 games for the next five years!!  One of the year he will become an injure prone pitcher, and then the Yankees will be stuck with him just like they are with A-Rod.

I am sure that the Yankees will still go after Wilson an Darvish!  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

It's also a perfect example of the Yankees having no concern for the luxury tax.  They can sign players for $100 million/year each for 50 years and it doesn't matter because they will just sign more. And paying them to sit in a cheerleader's outfit wouldn't even faze them. It's a bottomless pit.

There really does need to be a salary cap. It's just getting ridiculous.