Sabathia to DL, NYY sign DLowe

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Re: Sabathia to DL, NYY sign DLowe

In Response to Re: Sabathia to DL, NYY sign DLowe:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sabathia to DL, NYY sign DLowe : Nope.  I remember Damon for chosing to become a yankee.  That's pretty much it.
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

I will always be grateful to Damon for helping the Sox win a WS, but he did the unthinkable when he chose the Yankees.  He broke my baseball heart, and for that, he is dead to me too.  It's not just that he signed with the Yankees, it's also the comments that he made about the Red Sox after he left.

I don't like that fact that Lowe signed with the Yankees, but his situation is different, IMO.  I would still cheer for him when he returns to Boston.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

No Damon, No 04, all you Damon haters are dead to me

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

CC is on the downhill side. Look for more and more of this as we move forward. NYY will not win the WS this year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Motown9009. Show Motown9009's posts

I hate to see a guy like Lowe as a Yankee - as much as he's over-looked and downplayed they don't win in 2004 without him.

But they guy has tried to come back to Boston every time he's been free to do so and they just refuse to take him back.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

In response to "Re: Sabathia to DL, NYY sign DLowe": [QUOTE]CC is on the downhill side. Look for more and more of this as we move forward. NYY will not win the WS this year. Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE] And you know this how?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Why people think Ircho and Lowe would more likely help the Yankees in the last 7 weeks of the season if the Yankees already lost A-Rod, Texeria, soon to be Sabathia, Pettitte, etc.?

I could see them to struggle down the stretch of the season.  Best hope for the Yankees is to see Rays/Orioles struggles too.  They both are only 5 games behind, and both of them are getting healthier. Longoria is back, bad news for everyone in the AL east.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Btw, I heard an ESPN announcer call the right field in Yankee stadium a joke. So funny. I think I can hit one out of the park in right field in that stadium. It has to be a known joke.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

It is true that YS for lefties, with the possible exception of Coors, is the easiest HR park in the majors. You are aware, however. that historically speaking, for parks in use at least 2 decades, Fenway Park is the easiest offensive park in history? Hence the cliche "In Fenway, A game is never over"

To sum up, another pot calling kettle post, partly due to rah-rah, but also  naivete.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

[QUOTE]CC is on the downhill side. Look for more and more of this as we move forward. NYY will not win the WS this year.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

That is a good thing but what hurts the worst is that the Sox could finish in last place looking up at everyone.  It's sad that the only consolation from the year is that the Yankees won't win the WS...but sadly they will at least be there in the playoffs unlike our Sox who will finish out of the playoffs again.  I hate the Yankees but I respect their FO...something I can't say about the Sox.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sabathia to DL, NYY sign DLowe : Nope. They all just miraculously reinvent themselves. That's the answer. And they all just wind up on the team that loves guys at the end of their career who are/have been willing to miraculously reinvent themselves. The don't ask, don't tell team of the major leagues...The Yankees. That should be their marketing name.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Apparently you overlooked why those RS clubhouse guys were abruptly fired a few yrs back for nearly spilling the beans on the cheaters in the RS clubhouse. I don't recall the Yankees ever doing this (or any other team for that matter either). Who would have guessed you likely have the wrong team? And isn't it a coincidence for you to constantly talk in this mode when the standings are not really pretty? 

I'm sure if the standings were reversed you would be professing love for your great team and how much the Yankees s-ck, as opposed to this gobbledygook.

Regardless, you shall be able to give it a rest soon, because it isn't likely for the Yankees to win this yr anyway.

Your usual comeback, when taken to task, is not to address your inane comments, but to divert the subject via critique of the responding poster, either real or imagined, or some concocted combination thereof, mixed in with some sort of qualifier regarding diplomatic immunity.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Thats amazing isn' t all these veteran pitchers do well when they go to the Yankees. I am wondering how well they are going to do next year when HGH testing is going to be done throughout the year. The player is never going to say anything if it helps his career or he signs confidentiality agreements. n response to "Re: Sabathia to DL, NYY sign DLowe":
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

Yes, it appears Lowe took a miracle shot that worked in less than a day. Good one.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sabathia to DL, NYY sign DLowe : Apparently you overlooked why those RS clubhouse guys were abruptly fired a few yrs back for nearly spilling the beans on the cheaters in the RS clubhouse. I don't recall the Yankees ever doing this (or any other team for that matter either). Who would have guessed you likely have the wrong team? And isn't it a coincidence for you to constantly talk in this mode when the standings are not really pretty?  I'm sure if the standings were reversed you would be professing love for your great team and how much the Yankees s-ck, as opposed to this gobbledygook. Regardless, you shall be able to give it a rest soon, because it isn't likely for the Yankees to win this yr anyway. Your usual comeback, when taken to task, is not to address your inane comments, but to divert the subject via critique of the responding poster, either real or imagined, or some concocted combination thereof, mixed in with some sort of qualifier regarding diplomatic immunity.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

That's not exactly what happened, steven. They werent clubhouse guys or about to spill the beans. A few security guards were fired when it became known to the organization they had supplied PEDS, at golds gym. Given the perception, they were fired. Jerry Remy's son, was one of them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sabathia to DL, NYY sign DLowe : That's not exactly what happened, steven. They werent clubhouse guys or about to spill the beans. A few security guards were fired when it became known to the organization they had supplied PEDS, at golds gym. Given the perception, they were fired. Jerry Remy's son, was one of them.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

I believe that's the way it went down; however, there's been speculation in the media about it, which I used (admittedly, as an excuse) to counter the previous nonsense; sound familiar?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sabathia to DL, NYY sign DLowe : I believe that's the way it went down; however, there's been speculation in the media about it, which I used (admittedly, as an excuse) to counter the previous nonsense; sound familiar?
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Yes, it does. Thanks so much for adding to it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sabathia to DL, NYY sign DLowe : Yes, it does. Thanks so much for adding to it.
    Posted by ThefourBs[/QUOTE]

YW

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Sabathia to DL, NYY sign DLowe": And you know this how?
    Posted by pri360[/QUOTE]

From reading pike and kst.

Sections
Shortcuts