Sad Season 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Sad Season 2012

Its sad that the season has been this bad for the fans. It was a disappointment all around, on the part of ownership which looks divided, on the part of the pitchers who we all thought would produce at least decently ( Beckett and Lester). Its just sad that in mid August that the Red Sox show no signs of coming around and giving the playoffs a run for the money. Its sad that all thats in the media is talk of a divided team and manager and thats all we read about instead of the Red Sox getting hot and playing as a team. Its going to be really sad when the season is over and we walk away disillusioned after the experience of last September and waiting for the Winter Meetings when maybe we can make some trades and pick up some young hungry players who want to win like we had in the past.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Re: Sad Season 2012

What winter meeting talks of trades? We are stuck with this crew for a few years. : )

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

What's saddest is that is has been winding it's way like this since 2010, and NOTHING was done to stop it until it ran totally off the rails.

Management could have put an end to this long ago, but instead they fostered this situation and helped it grow to what it is now.

We, as fans, need to collectively wake up and make our displeasure felt the only way possible, on the bottom line. It has started, though I'm very skeptical that ownership will actually make the neccessary changes. They've shown little for me to believe they "get it", and I guess the proof will be in the pudding.

If Lester, Beckett, lackey and Ortiz are all on this team next spring, it will be more of the same.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

The bubble burst and we are back to being Red Sox fans.  Had to happen sometime.  But, thats baseball, no one can escape the down cycle.  Too many variables at play to sustain a a perennial playoff club indefinitely.  About the only thing close to that is the Yankees, and they are our chief rival; this proximity to juggernaut has long been the most inherently frustrating part of Sox love.  But, the beauty of a down cycle is that, as a fan, you can shed the Fear of Falling and get back to unentitled hoping against the odds. Certainly makes the coming year(s) interesting in a way these past years have not been; 2009-2012 seemed to me about Figuring Out How Not to Lose, 2013 and beyond will be about Figuring Out How to Win Again.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In Response to Re: Sad Season 2012:
    [QUOTE]If only we could also purge Ma6Dragon from the forum.
    Posted by Calzone65[/QUOTE]

I can think of others I would rather see purged.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

We replaced a top-5 GM and a top-5 manager.  This was totally predictable.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]We replaced a top-5 GM and a top-5 manager.  This was totally predictable.
    Posted by Joebreidey[/QUOTE]

Thats YOUR opinion, unless you can support it with facts. IMO we replaced a mediocre manager and GM with more of the same. The SP talent is not there, and the pitching has deteriorated every year since 07. Yes, it was totally predictable. I will give you that much.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]If only we could also purge Ma6Dragon from the forum.
    Posted by Calzone65[/QUOTE]

I know. It's so annoying for me to have unpopular opinions supported by fact, and proven over time.

To be honest, if I were you, I'd hate me too...making you face reality....the GAUL!

Sections
Shortcuts