Saltalamcchia and the "New" teachings that have made him so much better lately???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Saltalamcchia and the "New" teachings that have made him so much better lately???

First, I am ecstatic that Saltalmacchia is finally hitting both home runs and for a much better average.  He will be a very important spot in the batting order as the season progresses.

It is certainly nice to not see him strike out two or three times a game on the same curve ball or slider down and in.   Just not swinging at those pitches alone is enough to bring up his average so that he is finally "hitting his weight".

Now my problem is either with Saltalamacchi himself or his hitting coaches for at least the last three years!!!!!!!!!   This "hitting up the middle" to help cure a slump is as old as the New England hills!

It is certainly not NEW and is not revolutionary in any way!!!!  If Saltalamacchia has just figured this out for himself, he is not the smartest major league player ever to play the game.

AND, if this new hitting coach was the guy to figure this out where the hell was he all spring?????   AND, if this guy was the guy who figured this old/new approach would work for Saltalamacchi what the hell were the last bunch of hitting coaches doing for the Red Sox when they could not come to this very simple realization??????????????

I have never been a major leaguer or a major league hitting coach, but my little league baseball coach taught this theory to us in 1961!!!!!!!!!!

for all of you hitting coaches, do not be afraid to try this theory with any (or all) of our hitters as it is not "new" and is truly time tested for almost ever.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Saltalamcchia and the

I hit up the middle to cure a slump when playing softball, have for years!!!! Works every time because it keeps you back!!!! When my grammar is slumping, I use punctuation excessively!!!!!!!!! Dont you???????? Also dont forget that Salt is Italian, and has Mafia connections. Having a couple of the boys make the SP an offer he cant refuse while hes going through his pregame warmup in the pen is an old fashioned and time honored technique in its own right.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

People forget the basics from time to time and need to be reminded, and not just in the art of hitting a baseball!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to soxnewmex's comment:

People forget the basics from time to time and need to be reminded, and not just in the art of hitting a baseball!

Very true. Where were you with this last Thursday at 9 pm? I played 5 softball games in a period of 48 hrs, and went an embarrassing 6-17 incl. 3 soft singles. Darn you! You could have saved me. I'll get even for this by posting some sage life saving advice a few days after you needed it!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Jarrod Saltalamachia's current line and his line after the games of June 9 last year:

2013 182 PA, .273/.341/.515/.856, 8 HR

2012 161 PA, .273/.317/.567/.883, 11 HR

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/s/saltaja01.shtml

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/gl.cgi?id=saltaja01&t=b&year=2012

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

I hit up the middle to cure a slump when playing softball, have for years!!!! Works every time because it keeps you back!!!! When my grammar is slumping, I use punctuation excessively!!!!!!!!! Dont you???????? Also dont forget that Salt is Italian, and has Mafia connections. Having a couple of the boys make the SP an offer he cant refuse while hes going through his pregame warmup in the pen is an old fashioned and time honored technique in its own right.

The trick to getting out of softball slump:  drink more beer.  Helps you stay back.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

Jarrod Saltalamachia's current line and his line after the games of June 9 last year:

2013 182 PA, .273/.341/.515/.856

2012 161 PA, .273/.317/.567/.883

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/s/saltaja01.shtml

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/gl.cgi?id=saltaja01&t=b&year=2012

True Hill, waiting to see what happens, hope he can keep it up; all the same, I'm in the trade Salty while his value is high play Lava camp myself.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Salty has always had the high offensive cieling. Hes worked so much on his defense the last couple years here that the offense suffered a bit. Thats normal with catchers. Although his overall OPS is a bit lower, his BA and OPB are higher and I believe that the SLG isnt too far behind.

Hes making a good case for an extension or a QO.

We were wondering if this is the year he puts it all together. Id say, It looks that way. He should get a 4yr deal somewhere. If its not the Sox, expect the NYY to be interested.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

I have never waivered one iota in my support for Salty..he is clutch, a great guy, puts up very good numbers for a catcher, and although defensively he is not elite, most catchers cant hit the way he can...I truly never understood the whole get rid of Salty mentality especially when compared to over the hill Varitek...we are lucky to have him (Theo gets props for this) and we should keep him

As always - 100% correct!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

I have never waivered one iota in my support for Salty..he is clutch, a great guy, puts up very good numbers for a catcher, and although defensively he is not elite, most catchers cant hit the way he can...I truly never understood the whole get rid of Salty mentality especially when compared to over the hill Varitek...we are lucky to have him (Theo gets props for this) and we should keep him

As always - 100% correct!

If the Sox dont sign him, look for Theo and Jed to be interested too. His phone will be ringing a lot this winter if he hits FA.

Sections
Shortcuts