Salty had a play at third and made an accurate throw

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Re: Salty had a play at third and made an accurate throw

In response to GoUconn13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

More and more I looked at these pictures, I think Middlebrook did the right thing.  He lifted his legs up to clear the path for the runner to run home.  But instead the runner stepped off the bag ran and spun around toward to second to third base path before heading home.  So I do now think it is not an obstruction call right there.  I would do the samething by lifting my legs up to clear the path for the runner to advance home.

I may now started to think it is a bad call.  Of course the play happen so fast and it is hard for umpires to see what had happen in that area.

[/QUOTE]

That is why the umps should have gotten together to talk about this play.  It was the game winning run in a world series game.  I think a few minutes of the umps time was called for.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Craig scored the winning run for the Cardinals' 5-4 victory in Game 3.

[/QUOTE]

In order for the runner to jump over middy's waist he had to be way out of the base line

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

You photo sequence seems to indicate that Craig was on the bag before the throw got to Middlebrooks-who couldn't get to the ball because Craig was in the way, which is legal for a baserunner trying to reach the base within the basepaths. Bottom line: that throw should not have been made unless Salty was certain he had the runner. Mistakes like that are killing this team.

Salty is supposed to know that a runner may beat the throw by an eyelash and then decide not to throw it while in the middle of a bang-bang play at homeplate?

Middy should have put catching the ball as his number one priority, and if anyone knew the runner was going to be safe, it was Middy not Salty.

Make the catch Middy, and we might still be playing game 3 right now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Salty had a play with a near-perfect throw.  His throw was not near-perfect, but it was his job to try and make one.

Craig made a HUGE baserunning error, and yet came out of it as the hero because of it...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wait.

You posted this pic, and on another thread tried to argue Middlebrooks' legs were DOWN when Craig tripped over them?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottwad. Show scottwad's posts

In both cases Middlebrooks(last night) and Salty (Game 2 end fiasco with Breslow), they anchored themselves to the bases instead of going after the ball like they were both force plays which they were not. Get the ball is #1.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wait.

You posted this pic, and on another thread tried to argue Middlebrooks' legs were DOWN when Craig tripped over them?

[/QUOTE]

Watch the replay, notin. When Craig ran over him, his legs were down. That was the beginning of the entanglement. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe 1h

Farrell just said he thought the call was right. But he would like the rule changed to reflect the intent of the fielder. #redsox

I wonder if he really does

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    You photo sequence seems to indicate that Craig was on the bag before the throw got to Middlebrooks-who couldn't get to the ball because Craig was in the way, which is legal for a baserunner trying to reach the base within the basepaths. Bottom line: that throw should not have been made unless Salty was certain he had the runner. Mistakes like that are killing this team.

Yup, exactly. Just like Breslow's horrible throw in Game 2.

You still in Hawaii?

Sections
Shortcuts