Salty... He's time has come finally..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Salty... He's time has come finally..

Even though his sharing duty with our Captain, Salty has been solid on both offensive and defensive end.  He's on pace to hit almost 20 HRs and 60 some RBIs for a catcher.  If he played a full season behind the plate, his numbers should look something like 25 or more HRs and 90 or more RBIs.  He definitely earned his rights to play more time next year.  We should see more offensive production from our young catcher next year. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

Re: Salty... He's time has come finally..

In Response to Salty... He's time has come finally..:
    [QUOTE]Even though his sharing duty with our Captain, Salty has been solid on both offensive and defensive end.  He's on pace to hit almost 20 HRs and 60 some RBIs for a catcher.  If he played a full season behind the plate, his numbers should look something like 25 or more HRs and 90 or more RBIs.  He definitely earned his rights to play more time next year.  We should see more offensive production from our young catcher next year. 
    Posted by seannybboi[/QUOTE]

Hope so. I love watching the dude, shortcomings and all. Give credit to Tek, who has had a pretty good year himself for a supposed over the hill guy, but Salty is much more fun to watch.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Eck said last night that too many in RSN were too quick in April to write off Salty. Eck has also said in the past that Red Sox fans are noted for being the most unconfident and fatalistic in MLB. This forum certainly has supported that generalization. Most posters here don't deserve the team that we have.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from neutralned. Show neutralned's posts

In Response to Re: Salty... He's time has come finally..:
    [QUOTE]Eck said last night that too many in RSN were too quick in April to write off Salty. Eck has also said in the past that Red Sox fans are noted for being the most unconfident and fatalistic in MLB. This forum certainly has supported that generalization. Most posters here don't deserve the team that we have.
    Posted by PawsoxPhil[/QUOTE]
    I think thats true about most fan bases though, as soon as something goes wrong people go negative.  Maybe it just seems it is more of a trait of Sox fans because this is a Sox site and who you listen to.  Other teams fan bases react the same way.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]Eck said last night that too many in RSN were too quick in April to write off Salty. Eck has also said in the past that Red Sox fans are noted for being the most unconfident and fatalistic in MLB. This forum certainly has supported that generalization. Most posters here don't deserve the team that we have.

Maybe the team should continue to buy themselves into the play-offs... its an imperfect world. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

I never doubt Salty be a good player.  When RS got him from Texas, I was excited to have a young catcher who's hitting at both sides of the plate and has a big power swing.  He suffered nagging injuries last year and this year he's starting to show his quality to his team and fans.  My poster has nothing to do with unconfident and fatalistic. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Posted by PawsoxPhil[/QUOTE] i'm not in the camp of criticizing other team's fans,b/c EVERY fanbase has at one time or another found something about the team to take issue with(right or wrong) but perhaps the Boston sports media should hold up a mirror on that one.. IMO they've certainly thrown their share of logs onto that fire...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

IRT to Saltalamacchia, he's traveled a hard road, i give him credit, not too many twentysomethings have taken such knocks and made it back, and he's still on what i call the sunny side of 30...laundry aside, those are the guys i like to see have success..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ----theyazzer----. Show ----theyazzer----'s posts

we sure don't deserve john slackey, jd crawford, bobby jenks and nancy drew.
    or as i like to call them,  the 4 horsemen of the inepstein.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Good pitchers shouldn't have too much difficulty with Salty, cause he's not very selective at the plate and struggles with breaking balls. Having said that, I figure he's gotta be a huge plus over Varitek

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

I love our catching tandem. I really think Tek has rubbed off on salty a lot, as the kid seems to work really hard. Also he stopped doing that leg thing. Who better to mentor a catcher who had some trouble catching on then Tek!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

[QUOTE] Good pitchers shouldn't have too much difficulty with Salty, cause he's not very selective at the plate and struggles with breaking balls. Having said that, I figure he's gotta be a huge plus over Varitek
    Posted by trouts[/QUOTE]

Very clever way to bash two players at the same time. Two for the price of one.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Salty... He's time has come finally.. : Very clever way to bash two players at the same time. Two for the price of one.

He Pike chill out a bit you will enjoy the game a lot more. Trouts is entitled to his opinion as much as you are.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I think it's now down to the last month of the season---no Beckett for a while--I think it's tme Salty plays almost every game until the Sox clinch! What say the board ?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

What happened to Pike's posts?
    Did he get the axe?