Salty is absolutely killing our WS chances!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Salty is absolutely killing our WS chances!

PERIOD! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: Salty is absolutely killing our WS chances!

I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY A THROW IS MADE TO THIRD WHEN IT WOULD BE SO CLOSE AT BEST. YOU ALREADY HAVE THE GUY OUT AT HOME. NO RUNS SCORED.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from judy2006. Show judy2006's posts

Salty has to go.  Let theo have him..

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oscars. Show oscars's posts

Salty has hit poorly in the WS. He is flailing away wildly , and looks constantly overmatched.

He has made mistakes in the 2 biggest plays of the series. The bobble on the double steal, and the ill advised throw to 3rd. 

Give a Ross a shot tomorrow.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Blindness is contagious here.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Salty is better than he has shown. And , he is better than Ross. Still , it does seem that a change needs to be made at this point. Salty is having a horrible World Series , and time is running out. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oscars. Show oscars's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Blindness is contagious here.

Moon, under the circumstances, his throw was a bad decision on his part.

That said, Miiddlebrooks effort to catch that ball was poor.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

Red Sox win Red sox win world series

All right the sox win 2013 Ws in 6 games 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

You guys are armchairing this to death.

1) There was a play at 3B. Throwing the ball there was not a poor decision.

2) The bad throw can be criticized, but not the choice to throw it.

3) The throw was not bad enough for Middy not to be able to catch it.

4) It looked like Middy was trying to hard to keep his position to make the tag than to make sure he caught it. Translation: it should have been caught.

5) Had the ump got the call right, Salty's choice to throw the ball should have indirectly led to the final out of the inning.

6) Salty made a great play to catch the throw and make the tag that ended up not mattering due to the poor call.

Blaming Salty or giving him the lion's share of the balme is just plain blindness.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

I'd guess we've seen the last of Middlebrooks in this series.  He was bad in the field.  The Holliday ball was very playable and the final play he has to come off the bag to field Salty's bad throw.

Salty has looked lost at the plate for about 90% of his AB's this post season.  I'd prefer to see Ross in there at this point.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Could Middlebrooks be our next Daniel Bard?

Not sure. Its a toss up right now between him and breslow.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

4) It looked like Middy was trying to hard to keep his position to make the tag than to make sure he caught it. Translation: it should have been caught.

5) Had the ump got the call right, Salty's choice to throw the ball should have indirectly led to the final out of the inning.

6) Salty made a great play to catch the throw and make the tag that ended up not mattering due to the poor call.

Blaming Salty or giving him the lion's share of the balme is just plain blindness.

It is not blindness to most. Salty is one of your favorites. Nothing wrong with that. You always point out his strengths and downplay his weaknesses. Obviously, you have a higher opinion of him than many other observers do. The fact is that he is playing very poorly in the post season. There is no way to deny that if you really want to be objective. I would not put the lion's share of the blame on his shoulders by any means. But he is not playing well at all, like it or not. That is simply the truth. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In response to DaysofYaz's comment:

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Could Middlebrooks be our next Daniel Bard?

Not sure. Its a toss up right now between him and breslow.

Breslow wasn't that bad tonight.  A check swing IF hit and a ball that grazes Beltran's armor. 

Plus Breslow wouldn't be the next Bard because Breslow is a veteran.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

It is not blindness to most. Salty is one of your favorites. Nothing wrong with that. You always point out his strengths and downplay his weaknesses. Obviously, you have a higher opinion of him than many other observers do. The fact is that he is playing very poorly in the post season. There is no way to deny that if you really want to be objective. I would not put the lion's share of the blame on his shoulders by any means. But he is not playing well at all, like it or not. That is simply the truth. 

The alternative is Ross. That's the simple truth.

I never downplay Salty's bad arm. Unfortunately, it has come into play twice at the wrong time of the game (actually one was him losing a grip before even getting to throw).

He's gotten on base in 9 of 34 PAs this post season. No, that is not great, but it is better than many other starters on this team.

Salty is struggling, but Ross will likely not do any better, and I'd still bet on Salty doing better over the next 2-4 games than Ross.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Bottom line is, if Salty doesn't make that throw there is no alleged obstruction. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Salty did make a bad throw and I disagree with you on whether he should have thrown it or not (the runner was practically at the bag), but I detest these kinds of scapegoat/lynch mob/overreactive threads and posts.  Salty does have some flaws in his game, especially defensively,  and he isn't hitting well, but he played a big part in getting this team to the dance.  I hope he pulls a Victorino later in the series and shuts everybody up.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to soups' comment:

Bottom line is, if Salty doesn't make that throw there is no alleged obstruction. 

Bottom line, if the ump makes the right call, not making the throw means the inning is still going instead of us being in extra innings.

If middy makes the catch...

If Bogey makes the play...

If Middy stops the base hit under his glove...

If Napoli or Gomes get to PH...

If Drew can just hit a fly ball...

Are all these guys "killing our WS chances too"?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

Salty did make a bad throw and I disagree with you on whether he should have thrown it or not (the runner was practically at the bag), but I detest these kinds of scapegoat/lynch mob/overreactive threads and posts.  Salty does have some flaws in his game, especially defensively,  and he isn't hitting well, but he played a big part in getting this team to the dance.  I hope he pulls a Victorino later in the series and shuts everybody up.  

It would have been a close play at 3B had the throw been perfect.

To expect a player to not throw it, because he can determine the runner would have been safe by a millimeter is not constructive criticism.

(I'm not convince he would have been safe. It was close enough to throw, but of corse hindsight makes it an easy call.)

I agree on the scapegoating craze that always engulfs this board after every loss.

Salty was a big part of us getting here, and many want to dump him based on 2 plays.

They forget about wanting to dump Napoli, Shane, and others.... only to watch those gusy do what they have done all year, but only after Farrell stuck with them.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

A lot of ifs there, moon.  I don't think anyone is killing our chances.  Sox might win if even one of your ifs would've happened, but why blame anyone?

My point is, despite all those ifs, Salty's is the easiest to remember.  How many threads just popped up about it?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

It would have been a close play at 3B had the throw been perfect.

To expect a player to not throw it, because he can determine the runner would have been safe by a millimeter is not constructive criticism.

(I'm not convince he would have been safe. It was close enough to throw, but of corse hindsight makes it an easy call.)

I agree on the scapegoating craze that always engulfs this board after every loss.

Salty was a big part of us getting here, and many want to dump him based on 2 plays.

They forget about wanting to dump Napoli, Shane, and others.... only to watch those gusy do what they have done all year, but only after Farrell stuck with them.

Hey, I never claimed it was constructive.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I never claimed you did.

If Ross plays the rest of the series and goes Oh for ___, nobody here will say he "killed our chances".

How many times has Salty been roasted on this site, only to go out and prove everyone wrong (even if they cannot bring themselves to admit they were wrong)?

I'm one of those guys. I roastred Salty alive all 2011 and into May of 2012. He's a top 10 MLB catcher right now. Benching him for a career back-up catcher and saying he is "killing our WS cgances" based on a bad throw that should have been caught that led to a bad call by an ump is neither "constructive critism" nor a logical position to hold.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

I never claimed you did.

If Ross plays the rest of the series and goes Oh for ___, nobody here will say he "killed our chances".

How many times has Salty been roasted on this site, only to go out and prove everyone wrong (even if they cannot bring themselves to admit they were wrong)?

I'm one of those guys. I roastred Salty alive all 2011 and into May of 2012. He's a top 10 MLB catcher right now. Benching him for a career back-up catcher and saying he is "killing our WS cgances" based on a bad throw that should have been caught that led to a bad call by an ump is neither "constructive critism" nor a logical position to hold.

D'accord and de acuerdo.  I could have said it in English, but I just wanted to offend Softlaw.  

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts