Salty is absolutely killing our WS chances!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: Salty is absolutely killing our WS chances!

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

In response to user_4151996's comment:

I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY A THROW IS MADE TO THIRD WHEN IT WOULD BE SO CLOSE AT BEST. YOU ALREADY HAVE THE GUY OUT AT HOME. NO RUNS SCORED.

Exactly!! Sometimes players need to push oush the envelope for the highlight reel.

I think he wanted the double play. I sometimes wonder when there are more than one player for a position, do they take chances they shouldn't take just to make themselves better than the guy that's also playing the position? I bet that's true for all the positions that have multiple players. JMO 

It is cute when kim talks to his other pike-like aliases. 

I've got news for you. Anyone that continues to call me Pike or Pike's personalities will be reported. And I don't mean the report abuse button. It's beyond a personal attack at this point. I don't need to be harassed for years by juveniles like you on this board. Grow up.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Calling someone pike is almost as bad as being called softy. Ease up on kim.

Let's get back to baseball.

Anyone think Salty would be getting bashed right now had he gone oh for 4, allowed what might have become a key wild pitch, and threw to a base with no chance of getting the guy out?

No wait... that has happened.

But, now by Salty and Ross.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Loser.

I'll just take that as a sign that you're sooo angry the Sox won. Softy's right-hand man.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Anyone think Salty would be getting bashed right now had he gone oh for 4, allowed what might have become a key wild pitch, and threw to a base with no chance of getting the guy out?

Thank you, Moon. He's Softy's #1 supporter, and gets absolutely no heat for that. No one has ever called him Softy, or even mentions how he supports his negative presence here. Go figure.

Ross was in, Salty was out. We don't really know how this game would have been changed had that been reversed -- including pitches to batters in any given circumstance. IMO the major part of a catcher's job.

I'm not a Salty hater. I'm not an ANY Sox hater. I do believe competition for positions creates situations that wouldn't normally happen in a game. Everyone trying to make great plays. Not sure it's a good idea all the time. JMO

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Thank you, Moon. He's Softy's #1 supporter, and gets absolutely no heat for that. No one has ever called him Softy, or even mentions how he supports his negative presence here. Go figure.

I've called him on it several times.

Ross was in, Salty was out. We don't really know how this game would have been changed had that been reversed -- including pitches to batters in any given circumstance. IMO the major part of a catcher's job.

Just was saying that had we lost tonight, would there have been several dump Ross threads started?

I'm not a Salty hater. I'm not an ANY Sox hater. I do believe competition for positions creates situations that wouldn't normally happen in a game. Everyone trying to make great plays. Not sure it's a good idea all the time. JMO

Too many Monday Morning QBs. I'm talking about those who say Salty should not have even thrown the ball last night.

He believed he had a shot, and it looked like he did when the runner hesitated for a second.

He made a throw that should have been caught anyways.

He's called some great games recently and since about May of 2012.

He made a great play to catch Nava's throw and make the tag, but it didn't count.

My recent point was that Ross looked no better than Salty tonight, but we won, so it goes unnoticed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I've called him on it several times.

Just was saying that had we lost tonight, would there have been several dump Ross threads started?

Too many Monday Morning QBs. I'm talking about those who say Salty should not have even thrown the ball last night.

He believed he had a shot, and it looked like he did when the runner hesitated for a second.

He made a throw that should have been caught anyways.

He's called some great games recently and since about May of 2012.

He made a great play to catch Nava's throw and make the tag, but it didn't count.

My recent point was that Ross looked no better than Salty tonight, but we won, so it goes unnoticed.

OK. I can see what you're saying. I'm one of the "he shouldn't have thrown that to third" posters. It's just that it was so close (not half-way like he said), and we had Koji on the mound. Also adding in the fact that we just did that play and it was horrible, don't do it again. He was better off letting Koji get the next batter. If it remained tied, they don't have THEIR closer.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to user_4151996's comment:

I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY A THROW IS MADE TO THIRD WHEN IT WOULD BE SO CLOSE AT BEST. YOU ALREADY HAVE THE GUY OUT AT HOME. NO RUNS SCORED.

Exactly!! Sometimes players need to push oush the envelope for the highlight reel.

I think he wanted the double play. I sometimes wonder when there are more than one player for a position, do they take chances they shouldn't take just to make themselves better than the guy that's also playing the position? I bet that's true for all the positions that have multiple players. JMO 

It is cute when kim talks to his other pike-like aliases. 

I've got news for you. Anyone that continues to call me Pike or Pike's personalities will be reported. And I don't mean the report abuse button. It's beyond a personal attack at this point. I don't need to be harassed for years by juveniles like you on this board. Grow up.

Yikes!  Would this be reporting him to.......  The big man?  Numero Uno?

That's it Burrito, you're on Santa's naughty list!  You are in for it now!

Just kidding.  I agree with moon.  This season is too much fun for the rancor!  You two kiss & make up.  Even if Kim were a Pike alias, who cares!  I don't at all think so, as Pike is the biggest concern troll on the planet.  Kim likes to get into it too much.  Burrito has a tendency to jump on Stiffy's side at the odd moment.  Who cares!

It's all good!  The Sox are back in it in a big way!!!  God I love this season. 

No more harrassment!  No more silly threats of reporting Burrito to the Big Man!  That's some serious stuff right there, so knock it off!  Yeh better not shout, ya better not pout, ya better not cry I'm telling you why......

;)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Now I'm pulling for Salty to get a big PH homer!  He's got the juice, if he can run into a low inside corner 92MPH'r.  I'll talk to my "sources" in St. Luois & see if their boys can notch it down a peg or two or three???

I'm willing to even extend an apology to Salty I'm so freakin happy!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Hey....I threw Gomes under the bus recently.  How do you think I feel today?  LOL

Man, what a team.  Incredible.

I wonder why Breslow hasn't been effective.  I hope hr's not totally burned out.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Moon, youve gotten a pass on insisting the ump made a bad call in Game 3. He did not, it was called correctly.

Salty has been terrible and Middlebrooks probably should have made a better effort on that ball... but Breslow, including tonights game 4, has been the Sox leading candidate for Cardinals' MVP.

But tonight, Ross wasnt very good eith... let one ball get by him for a baserunner to move up. dropped another almost throw, was weak at the plate.  Our catchers kinda stink right now.

Kim- Farrell did not use Gomes as a hunch.  Victorino was hurt.

I was in St Louis for Game 4... man did that place get/stay quiet after Gomes' HR. And they were stunned after the pickoff.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Look, Salty isn't going to make that throw again unless absolutely necessary.  So, we can put this to bed.  Ross will catch Lester for Game 5, but Salty's the better hitter.

These guys are head scratchingly amazing.  It's like the old saying: "every so often a squirrel finds a nut," and throughout the playoffs these squirrels are finding their nuts at just the right times.  Who cares if a guy is going 0 for 20?  If the 1 for 21 is the gane winner, who cares?  

Surreal.  Never seen anything like it.

Sections
Shortcuts