Salty is officially the new punching bag of the pretending Sox fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from smiley-beni-2817. Show smiley-beni-2817's posts

Salty is officially the new punching bag of the pretending Sox fans

The Pretending to be Sox fans are no longer hammering Beckett
    and Dice K on a daily basis. Of course not!... Dice-K and Beckett
    are pitching like: Cy Young and Walter Johnson lately... The facts
    are there.

The pretending to be Sox fans are now turning their attention to
    Jarrod Saltalamacchia, who is currently struggling defensively
    and offensively. Salty is officially the new punching bag of the
    Forum. The pretending to be Sox fans love to see this young 
    man struggling. "Too much hypocrisy on this Forum".

Let me be clear, Salty is not the next Johnny Bench. Salty is not
    the next Carlton Fisk... but let`s give the guy a chance.
    Salty is trying very hard like Dustin Pedroia did back in April of
    2007, when he was a rookie.

It`s still too early to talk about a new catcher. We`re just trailing
    the New York Yankees and their two and a half men starting pitching
    rotation by 3.5 games... In fact, Sox are starting to gain ground on
    the Yanks... despite Yanks`favorable early schedule.

Sit back & relax... The best is yet to come. Trust me!

Thanks for reading

-SB

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Re: Salty is officially the new punching bag of the Forum

so called "pretend" red sox fans................lol.......I like that beni........

hi ya jetes man! happy bunny rabbits to ya bro!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from smiley-beni-2817. Show smiley-beni-2817's posts

In Response to Re: Salty is officially the new punching bag of the Forum:
    so called "pretend" red sox fans................lol.......I like that beni........ hi ya jetes man! happy bunny rabbits to ya bro!
    Posted by Hammah29r2

Hey Hammah, this Forum is full of "pretend" red sox fans.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from smiley-beni-2817. Show smiley-beni-2817's posts

Re: Salty is officially the new punching bag of the pretending Sox fans

In Response to Re: Salty is officially the new punching bag of the pretending Sox fans:
    Hey Hammah!!,,same to you my firend...Beni, sorry forgot to wish you a Happy Easter...my bad...
    Posted by jete02fan

Thanks Bro! same to you.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

In Response to Salty is officially the new punching bag of the pretending Sox fans:
    The Pretending to be Sox fans are no longer hammering Beckett and Dice K on a daily basis. Of course not!... Dice-K and Beckett are pitching like: Cy Young and Walter Johnson lately... The facts are there. The pretending to be Sox fans are now turning their attention to Jarrod Saltalamacchia, who is currently struggling defensively and offensively. Salty is officially the new punching bag of the Forum. The pretending to be Sox fans love to see this young  man struggling. "Too much hypocrisy on this Forum". Let me be clear, Salty is not the next Johnny Bench. Salty is not the next Carlton Fisk... but let`s give the guy a chance. Salty is trying very hard like Dustin Pedroia did back in April of 2007, when he was a rookie. It`s still too early to talk about a new catcher. We`re just trailing the New York Yankees and their two and a half men starting pitching rotation by 3.5 games... In fact, Sox are starting to gain ground on the Yanks... despite Yanks`favorable early schedule. Sit back & relax... The best is yet to come. Trust me! Thanks for reading -SB
    Posted by smiley-beni-2817

5 games in the loss column and the Captain 2-2 to start the day! Happy Easter Beni to you Chain-Reaction, Smart-Perception and the whole gang!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

In Response to Salty is officially the new punching bag of the pretending Sox fans:
    The Pretending to be Sox fans are no longer hammering Beckett and Dice K on a daily basis. Of course not!... Dice-K and Beckett are pitching like: Cy Young and Walter Johnson lately... The facts are there. The pretending to be Sox fans are now turning their attention to Jarrod Saltalamacchia, who is currently struggling defensively and offensively. Salty is officially the new punching bag of the Forum. The pretending to be Sox fans love to see this young  man struggling. "Too much hypocrisy on this Forum". Let me be clear, Salty is not the next Johnny Bench. Salty is not the next Carlton Fisk... but let`s give the guy a chance. Salty is trying very hard like Dustin Pedroia did back in April of 2007, when he was a rookie. It`s still too early to talk about a new catcher. We`re just trailing the New York Yankees and their two and a half men starting pitching rotation by 3.5 games... In fact, Sox are starting to gain ground on the Yanks... despite Yanks`favorable early schedule. Sit back & relax... The best is yet to come. Trust me! Thanks for reading -SB

No no no, many of us depsised the move to get him before he even flew into Logan.  It's a travesty the Sox would let VMART get away and sign a catcher who should never see the inside of Fenway Park without buying a ticket. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Give Carl Crawford two more weeks like he has been hitting and he will dwarf Salty as the RS Nation kick-me.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from smiley-beni-2817. Show smiley-beni-2817's posts

In Response to Re: Salty is officially the new punching bag of the pretending Sox fans:

The invisible bumper was busy at work this morning bringing to page one all of the "Chicken Little" threads from the pretenders from recent days. Those why were sure that Beckett, Dice-K, and Papelbon needed to be traded away. The pretenders might be trolls who are posing as skeptics and cynics, who knows.Posted by pike

I shot the sheriff

I - I - I - I shot the sheriff.

(But I swear it was in selfdefence.)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

In Response to Re: Salty is officially the new punching bag of the pretending Sox fans : I shot the sheriff I - I - I - I shot the sheriff. (But I swear it was in selfdefence.)      

You know who reminds of a pretender....that guy MikeyinQueens.  You seem to know a lot about pretenders and pretending.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

You'd have to blind or stupid to not realize this guy is out of his league. He's like the government worker who keeps getting promoted to a higher level of incompetence; first Atlanta, then Texas, now Boston.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from justbaseball. Show justbaseball's posts

alibiike, well Mr. Beni isblind and stupid, so that explains his comments

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from smiley-beni-2817. Show smiley-beni-2817's posts

You'd have to blind or stupid to not realize this guy is out of his league. He's like the government worker who keeps getting promoted to a higher level of incompetence; first Atlanta, then Texas, now Boston.
    Posted by Alibiike

Oh my god, you scared me. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

In Response to Re: Salty is officially the new punching bag of the pretending Sox fans : Oh my god, you scared me. 

I try not to use the players as punching bags, but it is hardly necessary.  I've always got you, Smiley, as my favorite punching bag.  Why punch somebody else? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

And your avatar, Sheriff, is still better than Beni's by a country mile.

Truly.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

And your avatar, Sheriff, is still better than Beni's by a country mile. Truly.
    Posted by summerof67

I actually like Smiley's avatar.  Zac put it together to mock him, and Smiley adopted it after continuously being needled by several of us to put a shirt on.  I think it's funny, especially considering the history behind it. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Road-Warrior. Show Road-Warrior's posts

In Response to Re: Salty is officially the new punching bag of the Forum:
    In Response to Re: Salty is officially the new punching bag of the Forum : Hey Hammah, this Forum is full of "pretend" red sox fans.

U are the Sox punching bag you clown.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Huh? Did I miss something? Where did M.N., P. Ball, or our Sheriff ever say Smiley is a threat to our forum?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Pike - I don't know about everyone else, but I would love to know when I ever said that I disliked Beni?

Now as to why some in RSN might not care for some of Beni's threads? Perhaps it is because he will not actually debate an issue or that when the Sox do lose more than one in a row, he disappears.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

I can understand why Babe, Mikeyinthebronx, NHSteven, Jeter, Jessey, and Perkins dislike Smiley-Beni but I can't understand why LMR, Nagy, Playball consider him a threat to the forum? In my opinion the horde of pretend / concern trolls poses a much bigger problem. There is nothing worse than someone who pretends to be a cynic, skeptic, pessimist, distraught fan, in an attempt to get loyal Red Sox fans mad. They are as despicable as Manny was. The non-pretenders who are cynics, skeptics, pessimists, crybabies, should be more patient, tolerant, and loyal instead of acting like kids after every tough loss. Grab a crying towell, kick your dog, beat up your wife, beak some bottles, but don't come here and whine and pout. Don't come here and preach to the choir. Only little kids go into a tantrum when things don't go their way. Big boys and adults bite their tongue and blame it on a multitude of things and don't look for scapegoats.
    Posted by pike

Boy, are you ever off, Pike.  As Harness said, who said Smiley was a threat?  Smiley is an instigator, but in a light-hearted way, and I don't think any of us take him that seriously or at face value.  He busts balls, so we bust his balls in return.  Simple.  He's fair game by the nature of what he does.  For me, it's all done in the name of fun and entertainment, which may be a foreign concept to you. 

And ya know, I feel the way you do about the negative nellies, but I would put you in the same category as some of them who seem to express little joy about baseball and fandom. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I for one was never one of the posters (and there were a lot) that canvassed the forums two seasons ago with "Get Salty Now!" "We need Salty"  "Trade the farm for Salty" etc., I thought it absurd.

Now that he is here all we hear is "failure" "unload Salty now!" etc., and this is just as irritating.

You have to give it more time - because unless we go get Brian McCann there are not a lot of saviors out there that can satisfy your wishy washy need of the day.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

As far as Smiley being an "INSTIGATOR" that is laughable.  He never enters other people's threads and posts there, he only creates threads, and you all choose to enter or not... its simple.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from chain-reaction. Show chain-reaction's posts

I think smiley's threads are a big skinner box, drawing evoked responses from yankee rats.

Sections
Shortcuts