Salty to the Marlins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Salty to the Marlins

Details to come...

Patrick Saunders of the Denver Post (on Twitter) hears that Salty is headed to the Marlins.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Re: Salty to the Marlins

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Details to come...

Patrick Saunders of the Denver Post (on Twitter) hears that Salty is headed to the Marlins.

now wondering how much he got.  He may got a good one cuz he was down to Red Sox, Twins and Miami.  So if we assume that Boston did offered him two years contract for less than 10 to 8 millions dollars each year, I am sure he got more than 12 million dollars a year!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Im not sure the marlins would pay 12M. I still say 8-10M. 2yr 3rd option or a guarenteed 3 years.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Details to come...

It will be interesting to see if Salty puts up better numbers in the NL.  I think he may play pretty well with less pressure on him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Wow, busy day. The water on the proverbial stove went from lukewarm to boiling over pretty quickly.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Best luck to Salty.  

Teams are getting things done before they miss out during the winter meeting.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

reports are its a 3/24M deal.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

reports are its a 3/24M deal.

If true, hopefully it brings some clarity to those whining about the Red Sox not offering the QO. Clearly there is something about Salty that is less then meets the eye. Because on paper, even I say he is worth more then 8 million a year, even for 5 years. So something that isn't statistically obvious is wrong with Salty. Could be something off the field. Or health. Or game calling. But there is something about Salty.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

Details to come...

now wondering how much he got.  He may got a good one cuz he was down to Red Sox, Twins and Miami.  So if we assume that Boston did offered him two years contract for less than 10 to 8 millions dollars each year, I am sure he got more than 12 million dollars a year!

It would be a huge change in policy for the Marlins. What was their total payroll last year? $35 million? $12 milion would be a third or better of that. The Marlins highest paid player made less than $3 million a season, & the ticket prices & fan attendence reflect that. Nobody else was anywhere close to that. I suspect the Salty offer is much lower than $12 million, unless that's the total for multiple seasons.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

Wish him well. For some reason, IMO if he doesn't throw that ball away in game 3 of WS he's probably back w/ RS. Just felt from time that play happened he wouldn't be back. I was never a big Salty fan, but thought he played well last year, better than I thought he would. Just think Ben wants more defense behind the plate and AJ just fills in til Vasquez, Swihart, and Denney make their way to Fenway.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

So...

28yo Jarrod Saltalamacchia will get essentially the same contract as 34yo Carlos Ruiz?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to notin's comment:

So...

28yo Jarrod Saltalamacchia will get essentially the same contract as 34yo Carlos Ruiz?

3/21m jason stark just reported 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Thank you Salty for your time with the Red Sox.  I hate to say it but it must stink to play in front of 50 fans at Marlins Park.  

Sections
Shortcuts