Salty

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Salty

Right now, he's looking pretty decent to me.  His "CERA" is coming steadily down, he threw a basestealer out yesterday (granted, a pitchout, but the pitcher was Wake, who can't throw harder than 73MPH), and his hitting is better.  And Tek can still be a useful backup, catching 1 or 2 games out of five. 

Comments? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Salty

He's better than Crawford

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Salty:
    Right now, he's looking pretty decent to me.  His "CERA" is coming steadily down, he threw a basestealer out yesterday (granted, a pitchout, but the pitcher was Wake, who can't throw harder than 73MPH), and his hitting is better.  And Tek can still be a useful backup, catching 1 or 2 games out of five.  Comments? 
    Posted by maxbialystock

Max- Yeah, in my spacey eyes, the verdict is still out.  Mid-month I was in the "Texas already knew what we are finding out" camp, but since then he has actually shown some maturity and skill as a catcher and shown enough spark with the bat that i am giving the experiment more time 'til I write it off as a clunker.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

spaceman, your analysis is clearer than mine.  Jury is definitely still out, but there is hope while they are deliberating.  If you're defending Salty, longer is better. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The--Babe-. Show -The--Babe-'s posts

Yup....he's got his BA 4 points over the mendoza line and threw a baserunner out on a PITCHOUT. Definitely signs that he's the catcher of the future.

Geez this is some funny stuff.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Yes, it was a pitchout--great call--but it was thrown by a guy whose fastball tops out at 73 mph.  We still got guys (Cameron, Scutaro, Crawford, McDonald, and Tek) under the mendoza line, so getting past it is progress. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Salty:
    Yup....he's got his BA 4 points over the mendoza line and threw a baserunner out on a PITCHOUT. Definitely signs that he's the catcher of the future. Geez this is some funny stuff.
    Posted by -The--Babe-

Babe, perspective is everything:  When 4 points over mendoza and a throw out or two is actually a vast improvement over recent production, you might not think it so laughable.  HELP US SALTY-WAN, YOU'RE OUR ONLY HOPE!!

(That being said, in your barb, you failed to mention his good ... gulp ... CERA)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Smacks of desperation to me

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

He's looking pretty good both at and behind the plate.  Most importantly, the Sox are 5-2 in his last 7 starts, and the staff has given up only 15 runs in that span.  We can start putting to rest the notion that Varitek is the only guy they can pitch to.

Sections
Shortcuts