San Fransicko

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

San Fransicko

If there is any team I detest as much as NY, it has to be SF. Growing up a Dodger fan the Dodger-Giant rivalry was as intense as the NY-Boston is. However, they had some great players; Mays, McCovey, Cepeda, the Alou brothers, Jim Davenport, Harvey Kueen. It's not as it once was but still can't stand them. Perhaps it was because of Bonds or maybe Pelosi. Or maybe it's just because there are bunch of wackos living out there.

When they showed Brian Wilson with his beard and red fingernail polish, acting like a complete idiot in the BP, I thought, Yup, this is SF all right. The land of the loon!

I hope Detroit can get their act together.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: San Fransicko

Yes, let's hear it for Detroit, there's no sickos there, just an inordinate rate of murders and other violent crimes.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Yes, let's hear it for Detroit, there's no sickos there, just an inordinate rate of murders and other violent crimes.

Thank You for your post as I did not want to bash Detroit.  The real "sicko" is the person who started this discussion. We are all Americans and there are unique types everywhere so the terms "sickos & wackos" is uncalled for. The only thing that he made sense about is that I am not a Pelosi & Feinstein fan.

Let me tell you that when the Celtics play the Lakers, 90% of the sports bars here root for Boston. Our 49ers too have been beaten by the NY Giants the past 2 years as have the Pats in their last 2 SB meetings. LA, yes, is a bit different with Hollywood Blvd and Transvestites, Hookers, Vagabonds etc. RE: SF Giants. I sure wish the Sox had their pitching. The Cardinals scored 1 run in last 3 games(20 to1 Giants) and last night at least Detroit got 3 runs. And how can you not be happy for the Sox alumnus, Marco Scutaro...I wish we still had him to play short now that Aviles is traded and Iglesias a great fielder but hitting still weak.

I am first a Boston teams fan as I spent my first 21 years in Maine before USMC( Camp Pendleton) called me away---roots run deep---but also a local team fan.

One of  the reasons I  love SF(the west coast Bay Area) been here 45 years---is that it is very similar to Boston, a nice quaint town, with hills & a Bay and is a great walking city like Boston.  Naturally, we have seafood too but I'm still partial to the littleneck clams, scrod, haddock, lobster etc. & love returning to Mass, N.H. & Maine to visit family & friends & also go to Fenway a couple of times per year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:

If there is any team I detest as much as NY, it has to be SF. Growing up a Dodger fan the Dodger-Giant rivalry was as intense as the NY-Boston is. However, they had some great players; Mays, McCovey, Cepeda, the Alou brothers, Jim Davenport, Harvey Kueen. It's not as it once was but still can't stand them. Perhaps it was because of Bonds or maybe Pelosi. Or maybe it's just because there are bunch of wackos living out there.

When they showed Brian Wilson with his beard and red fingernail polish, acting like a complete idiot in the BP, I thought, Yup, this is SF all right. The land of the loon!

First your nutty defense of BV in the "Rairoaded" thread and now this?

You're batting .000 this week.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

Thank You for your post as I did not want to bash Detroit.  The real "sicko" is the person who started this discussion. We are all Americans and there are unique types everywhere so the terms "sickos & wackos" is uncalled for. The only thing that he made sense about is that I am not a Pelosi & Feinstein fan.

Let me tell you that when the Celtics play the Lakers, 90% of the sports bars here root for Boston. Our 49ers too have been beaten by the NY Giants the past 2 years as have the Pats in their last 2 SB meetings. LA, yes, is a bit different with Hollywood Blvd and Transvestites, Hookers, Vagabonds etc. RE: SF Giants. I sure wish the Sox had their pitching. The Cardinals scored 1 run in last 3 games(20 to1 Giants) and last night at least Detroit got 3 runs. And how can you not be happy for the Sox alumnus, Marco Scutaro...I wish we still had him to play short now that Aviles is traded and Iglesias a great fielder but hitting still weak.

I am first a Boston teams fan as I spent my first 21 years in Maine before USMC( Camp Pendleton) called me away---roots run deep---but also a local team fan.

One of  the reasons I  love SF(the west coast Bay Area) been here 45 years---is that it is very similar to Boston, a nice quaint town, with hills & a Bay and is a great walking city like Boston.  Naturally, we have seafood too but I'm still partial to the littleneck clams, scrod, haddock, lobster etc. & love returning to Mass, N.H. & Maine to visit family & friends & also go to Fenway a couple of times per year.

I think being a native Californian qualifies me to speak ill of my home state. Beautiful place that has become overtaken by fruits and nuts. Another reason I don't care for SF is their treatment of the military. Voting to ban ROTC from the schools, refusing the Marine Corp permission to make a recruitment video. The city is anti-military.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I think being a native Californian qualifies me to speak ill of my home state. Beautiful place that has become overtaken by fruits and nuts. Another reason I don't care for SF is their treatment of the military. Voting to ban ROTC from the schools, refusing the Marine Corp permission to make a recruitment video. The city is anti-military.

San Francisco is one the great cities of the world Ike.  One of my absolute favorite places on earth (though it is a bit snobby for my taste).  And AT&T Park is the best park in existence not named Fenway. The club is filled with freaks (Timmy L.), geeks (Zito) and castoffs (Scutaro).  A personality to match the town.  

To each their own.  

GO GIGANTES!!!!!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

San Francisco is one the great cities of the world Ike.  One of my absolute favorite places on earth (though it is a bit snobby for my taste).  And AT&T Park is the best park in existence not named Fenway. The club is filled with freaks (Timmy L.), geeks (Zito) and castoffs (Scutaro).  A personality to match the town.  

To each their own.  

GO GIGANTES!!!!!

I did say in my first post that I agreed I was not a fan of Pelosi and I added Diane Feinstein too.  As a former Viet Nam combat veteran I too was disgusted with the city not allowing a recruitment video and reason they said was it would cause traffic jams and this is pure hog wash !!!  We have parades by numerous politically correct groups, Columbus day parade, Chinese New Years, Cinco de Mayo, Bay to Breakers race & protests by anybody with a beef and that snarls traffic. To not allow this to the USMC was a slap in the military's  face. I am sure many of you have seen a commercial with Marines in various parts of the US but the one with them with the Golden Gate in view was done in Marin County where I live.

Do not want to realy get into politics on this sports forum but I must add that San Francisco county and city are one and the same and proudly represented by the nation's most powerful female politician, Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi. Democrats consistently ride to victory in landslides: Obama had 84 percent in 2008  and Kerry had 83 percent in 20™04.  This is no doubt the bluest part of a blue state and California has more representation (15 percent) on our list of the most liberal places in the U.S. than any other state in the union.

But our Giants and 49ers(going back to Bill Walsh, Montana, Rice and Youngs days) are great sports teams  !!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

I think being a native Californian qualifies me to speak ill of my home state. Beautiful place that has become overtaken by fruits and nuts. Another reason I don't care for SF is their treatment of the military. Voting to ban ROTC from the schools, refusing the Marine Corp permission to make a recruitment video. The city is anti-military.

Seems the only nut here is you. SF tolerates more than the usual city; that does not make it a bad place. If you don't like it, don't go there.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Actually it's San Franpsycho not San Fransicko. Having lived there for 17 years I know that. I can also understand someone from LA trashing SF, especially after what los Gigantes did to your Dodgers during the regular season. All in all I'm inclined to give ike a pass on this one. He sounds like a bitter Dodger fan who is probably hoping against hope that Beckett and Crawford are both good next season. FTR I'd say Crawford will probably be good and Beckett not so much. Ir Gigantes.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I find it interesting that you mention Brian Wilson.  He is from NH and is a huge Celtics fan.  Not sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was also a Red Sox fan.  Although, I do want the Tigers to win the World Series.  It won't be easy for them, but anything is possible.  I didn't want either St. Louis or SanFrancisco to win the World Series this year since they are the most recent 2 winners.  Detroit hasn't won in quite a few years, so I really want them to win. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

Since I live in Mich my adoped team in the WS is the Tigers but they are looking like they are in trouble.  Nothing going right.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

I'm a Californian too Ike---lived here for 58 years, having moved from Queens before I  turned 14.  Talk about the Giants-Dodgers rivalry, you had to live in New York to see if for yourself.  I'm not kidding, the old East Coast rivalry was even more intense than Red Sox-Yankees, as hard as that is  to believe.  There were fights in the stands, outside the park, in the subway, and in the neighborhoods.  Strange how things turned out.  When the Dodgers left Brooklyn and announced they were moving out to my new surroundings I was t hrilled---until I heard that O'Malley was adamant they be no longer referred to as the "Bum", that they would play their games in that ridiculous Coliseum which was only good for making clay, and that their plan was to become  the "West Coast" Yankees.  From that moment on I despised them.  Well at least I'm consistent....I hate both the Giants and the Dodgers and wish them nothing but ill will.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

In response to Yonkersman's comment:

Alibi Ike is a Dodger and has admitted it. He is here to bug Sox fans and admits that also.

Then you ought to pray for the guy and feel sorry for him.  I think I despise the Dodgers about as much as I do the Yankees.......well almost.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to seabeachfred's comment:

In response to Yonkersman's comment:

Alibi Ike is a Dodger and has admitted it. He is here to bug Sox fans and admits that also.

Then you ought to pray for the guy and feel sorry for him.  I think I despise the Dodgers about as much as I do the Yankees.......well almost.

I'm actually kind of liking the Dodgers after they got our Red Sox out from under those horrendous contracts. I like the Giants more though from having lived in SF for 17 years.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Most of my family still lives there. I escaped in '76 while it was still fairly conservative out there. Liberal l policies have bankrupted the state as well as the loony environmentalists. Did u know hew home construction can't include a fireplace? Crazy!

What's  Really ironic is that all they  need to do together out of debt is to allow off-shore drilling

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

In response to Calzone65's comment:

I'm a Californian too Ike---lived here for 58 years, having moved from Queens before I turned 14. Talk about the Giants-Dodgers rivalry, you had to live in New York to see if for yourself. I'm not kidding, the old East Coast rivalry was even more intense than Red Sox-Yankees, as hard as that is to believe. There were fights in the stands, outside the park, in the subway, and in the neighborhoods. Strange how things turned out. When the Dodgers left Brooklyn and announced they were moving out to my new surroundings I was t hrilled---until I heard that O'Malley was adamant they be no longer referred to as the "Bum", that they would play their games in that ridiculous Coliseum which was only good for making clay, and that their plan was to become the "West Coast" Yankees. From that moment on I despised them. Well at least I'm consistent....I hate both the Giants and the Dodgers and wish them nothing but ill will.

So how does a person who spent 58 years in California after being a Dodger fan in Queens for 14 years, end up being a Red Sox fan? Did someone in your family influence you? Did you happen to hear WTIC through the static when you were ten years old and become a lifetime fan? Did Dizzy Dean who did three Sox games per year influence you? Seems very strange on how you can be a rabid Sox fan. Have you ever eaten clam chowder, lobsters, or steamers? You forgot to tell us why you are a genuine Red Sox fan. I raise these questions because you never gave the slightest hint that you are a Red Sox fan. Your rhetoric sounds more like you hate the Red Sox. However never judge a book by its cover.

Calzone---and I suspect you might be a Dago like me----that is a great question.  I usually get asked how I could have been a Dodger fan in Queens and not one in Los Angeles.  I thought I answered that well so glad you didn't ask what so many others have asked me. 

No hint that I am a Red Sox fan?  I live and die with them in ways  that you cannot imagine as some of my friends from other boards who post here could tell you. As for the dieing part, it has been arranged that when the Good Lord calls me home I will be interned in a Red Sox casket.  As a newly minted 72 year old today I'm probably one of the few men my age, if any, that has a complete Red Sox room in his house and that unless my wife is cleaning it, no one goes in there without my ok. Strange that I am a Red Sox fan?  Well my wife thinks I'm a pretty strange guy.  Here's how it came about.  From 1958 to 2000 I tried this team and that team, usually rooting for the team that had the same name as the team I was coaching.....Giants, Phillies, Indians, Mets, Astros.  Just fooling myself......until August 19, 2000 on my final leg of a Sports Travel Tour Baseball trip that ended in Fenway Park.

I saw Pedro Martinez pitch seven near perfect innings against the Royals that day in a 9-0 romp and called my wife that night and said I finally found my team.  When I got home she didn't even g o into "I've heard this routine before" because within two days she brought me two Red Sox tee shirts, totally convinced that I had found Nirvana.  No I do not hate the Red Sox.  I get angry at them, furious at the front office and can get critical----because I love that team with all my heart, as corny as that seems.  And, BTW, I got my best birthday present ever on October 27, 2004 when the Red Sox ended 86 years of futility and won the World Series.  I happened to be in New York on that day and don't think the Yankees didn't hear it.  KIND OF WINDED ON MY PART BUT AT LEAST NOW YOU AND OTHER DOUBTING THOMASES NOW KNOW WHERE I STAND.  Thanks for the message.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to seabeachfred's comment:

In response to Calzone65's comment:

I'm a Californian too Ike---lived here for 58 years, having moved from Queens before I turned 14. Talk about the Giants-Dodgers rivalry, you had to live in New York to see if for yourself. I'm not kidding, the old East Coast rivalry was even more intense than Red Sox-Yankees, as hard as that is to believe. There were fights in the stands, outside the park, in the subway, and in the neighborhoods. Strange how things turned out. When the Dodgers left Brooklyn and announced they were moving out to my new surroundings I was t hrilled---until I heard that O'Malley was adamant they be no longer referred to as the "Bum", that they would play their games in that ridiculous Coliseum which was only good for making clay, and that their plan was to become the "West Coast" Yankees. From that moment on I despised them. Well at least I'm consistent....I hate both the Giants and the Dodgers and wish them nothing but ill will.

So how does a person who spent 58 years in California after being a Dodger fan in Queens for 14 years, end up being a Red Sox fan? Did someone in your family influence you? Did you happen to hear WTIC through the static when you were ten years old and become a lifetime fan? Did Dizzy Dean who did three Sox games per year influence you? Seems very strange on how you can be a rabid Sox fan. Have you ever eaten clam chowder, lobsters, or steamers? You forgot to tell us why you are a genuine Red Sox fan. I raise these questions because you never gave the slightest hint that you are a Red Sox fan. Your rhetoric sounds more like you hate the Red Sox. However never judge a book by its cover.

Calzone---and I suspect you might be a Dago like me----that is a great question.  I usually get asked how I could have been a Dodger fan in Queens and not one in Los Angeles.  I thought I answered that well so glad you didn't ask what so many others have asked me. 

No hint that I am a Red Sox fan?  I live and die with them in ways  that you cannot imagine as some of my friends from other boards who post here could tell you. As for the dieing part, it has been arranged that when the Good Lord calls me home I will be interned in a Red Sox casket.  As a newly minted 72 year old today I'm probably one of the few men my age, if any, that has a complete Red Sox room in his house and that unless my wife is cleaning it, no one goes in there without my ok. Strange that I am a Red Sox fan?  Well my wife thinks I'm a pretty strange guy.  Here's how it came about.  From 1958 to 2000 I tried this team and that team, usually rooting for the team that had the same name as the team I was coaching.....Giants, Phillies, Indians, Mets, Astros.  Just fooling myself......until August 19, 2000 on my final leg of a Sports Travel Tour Baseball trip that ended in Fenway Park.

I saw Pedro Martinez pitch seven near perfect innings against the Royals that day in a 9-0 romp and called my wife that night and said I finally found my team.  When I got home she didn't even g o into "I've heard this routine before" because within two days she brought me two Red Sox tee shirts, totally convinced that I had found Nirvana.  No I do not hate the Red Sox.  I get angry at them, furious at the front office and can get critical----because I love that team with all my heart, as corny as that seems.  And, BTW, I got my best birthday present ever on October 27, 2004 when the Red Sox ended 86 years of futility and won the World Series.  I happened to be in New York on that day and don't think the Yankees didn't hear it.  KIND OF WINDED ON MY PART BUT AT LEAST NOW YOU AND OTHER DOUBTING THOMASES NOW KNOW WHERE I STAND.  Thanks for the message.

Happy Birthday, fred. Many more. Calzone isn't a dago, he's a Pike.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

Don't have anything invested in this series - just watching it play out...but after reading articles detailing public nudity becoming a worse problem in San Fran than the homeless..and the proposed legislation of requiring nudists to place a towel before sitting in public places - including restaurants for crying out loud, (skidmarks) i gotta tell ya, i hope detroit emerges the winner.

Sections
Shortcuts