San Fransicko

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

Re: San Fransicko

In response to J-BAY's comment:

In response to seabeachfred's comment:

In response to Calzone65's comment:

I'm a Californian too Ike---lived here for 58 years, having moved from Queens before I turned 14. Talk about the Giants-Dodgers rivalry, you had to live in New York to see if for yourself. I'm not kidding, the old East Coast rivalry was even more intense than Red Sox-Yankees, as hard as that is to believe. There were fights in the stands, outside the park, in the subway, and in the neighborhoods. Strange how things turned out. When the Dodgers left Brooklyn and announced they were moving out to my new surroundings I was t hrilled---until I heard that O'Malley was adamant they be no longer referred to as the "Bum", that they would play their games in that ridiculous Coliseum which was only good for making clay, and that their plan was to become the "West Coast" Yankees. From that moment on I despised them. Well at least I'm consistent....I hate both the Giants and the Dodgers and wish them nothing but ill will.

So how does a person who spent 58 years in California after being a Dodger fan in Queens for 14 years, end up being a Red Sox fan? Did someone in your family influence you? Did you happen to hear WTIC through the static when you were ten years old and become a lifetime fan? Did Dizzy Dean who did three Sox games per year influence you? Seems very strange on how you can be a rabid Sox fan. Have you ever eaten clam chowder, lobsters, or steamers? You forgot to tell us why you are a genuine Red Sox fan. I raise these questions because you never gave the slightest hint that you are a Red Sox fan. Your rhetoric sounds more like you hate the Red Sox. However never judge a book by its cover.

Calzone---and I suspect you might be a Dago like me----that is a great question.  I usually get asked how I could have been a Dodger fan in Queens and not one in Los Angeles.  I thought I answered that well so glad you didn't ask what so many others have asked me. 

No hint that I am a Red Sox fan?  I live and die with them in ways  that you cannot imagine as some of my friends from other boards who post here could tell you. As for the dieing part, it has been arranged that when the Good Lord calls me home I will be interned in a Red Sox casket.  As a newly minted 72 year old today I'm probably one of the few men my age, if any, that has a complete Red Sox room in his house and that unless my wife is cleaning it, no one goes in there without my ok. Strange that I am a Red Sox fan?  Well my wife thinks I'm a pretty strange guy.  Here's how it came about.  From 1958 to 2000 I tried this team and that team, usually rooting for the team that had the same name as the team I was coaching.....Giants, Phillies, Indians, Mets, Astros.  Just fooling myself......until August 19, 2000 on my final leg of a Sports Travel Tour Baseball trip that ended in Fenway Park.

I saw Pedro Martinez pitch seven near perfect innings against the Royals that day in a 9-0 romp and called my wife that night and said I finally found my team.  When I got home she didn't even g o into "I've heard this routine before" because within two days she brought me two Red Sox tee shirts, totally convinced that I had found Nirvana.  No I do not hate the Red Sox.  I get angry at them, furious at the front office and can get critical----because I love that team with all my heart, as corny as that seems.  And, BTW, I got my best birthday present ever on October 27, 2004 when the Red Sox ended 86 years of futility and won the World Series.  I happened to be in New York on that day and don't think the Yankees didn't hear it.  KIND OF WINDED ON MY PART BUT AT LEAST NOW YOU AND OTHER DOUBTING THOMASES NOW KNOW WHERE I STAND.  Thanks for the message.

Happy Birthday, fred. Many more. Calzone isn't a dago, he's a Pike.

Thanks J-BAY.  Unfortunately those birthdays seem to come way too fast nowadays.  Well Calzone or Pike, whatever he goes by, got a wierd look from my wife when he read what he was asking me or suspecting me of.   She rolled her eyes and said the guy didn't have a clue to suspect any of that.  Well, hell, the guy doesn't know me from adam so he hasn't much to go on.  Now that's settled and don't expect anyone to question me on that any more.  What concerns me is where Cherington is going to go.  All I believe is that he has to start acting fast and get us some reinforcements because word is out  that the front office is not planning on 2013 being a "bridge year".  Well then they need to hit the accelerator fast.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

OK, Seabeachfred became a Red Sox fan in the year 2000. I became a fan in 1957. Seabeachfred is four years short of being labeled a pink-hatter. He is used to guaranteed success. I lived through the agony of defeat in the 1950s, 1967, 1971, 1975, 1978, 1979, 1986, and 2003. He did not. He does not have those mental scars. I saw Ted Williams, Jackie Jensen, Jimmy Piersall, Bill Monbouquette, Carl Yaztremski, Hawk Harrelson, Luis Tiant, Jim Lonborg, Rico Petrocelli, Rick Burleson, Bill Lee, Dick Raditz, and Dennis Eckersely play. He did not. He is a newcomer to RSN and thinks that he is entitled and he is not. He is the most vocal, abrasive critic here of the Sox and he became a fan in 2000/. You sir, have not payed your dues and do not deserve anything from the Red Sox.  I experienced the heartbreak of the Bucky Dent HR, Rice missing the 1975 WS,  the ball going through Buckner's legs, and losing year after year to the NYY / KC athletics conglomerate in the 1950s. You are not qualified at all to call yourself a longtime Red Sox fan.  You have followed them for 12 years and feel as if you are a true fan. Give me a break. In your twelve years they have been extremely successful. Whiner.

Stick it Calzoney.  You're not the judge of what qualifies as a Red Sox fan.  So you suffered more than I did.  Big deal!!!!!  You proud of suffering?  I get it up to my eyeballs when one of you old timers start whining about how some of us didn't go through those rough times.  So what?  Anyone born after 1990 didn't either.  I came along at the right time, but since you are such an expert keep in mind the Red Sox in 2000 were not world beaters and in 2001  the nearly stunk as badly as they did this year.  That's enough of a stink for me.  Right now I would put yourself no better Red Sox fan than I am and if you don't like that stuff it...or pick a new handle.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

I'm a Californian too Ike---lived here for 58 years, having moved from Queens before I turned 14. Talk about the Giants-Dodgers rivalry, you had to live in New York to see if for yourself. I'm not kidding, the old East Coast rivalry was even more intense than Red Sox-Yankees, as hard as that is to believe. There were fights in the stands, outside the park, in the subway, and in the neighborhoods. Strange how things turned out. When the Dodgers left Brooklyn and announced they were moving out to my new surroundings I was t hrilled---until I heard that O'Malley was adamant they be no longer referred to as the "Bum", that they would play their games in that ridiculous Coliseum which was only good for making clay, and that their plan was to become the "West Coast" Yankees. From that moment on I despised them. Well at least I'm consistent....I hate both the Giants and the Dodgers and wish them nothing but ill will.

So how does a person who spent 58 years in California after being a Dodger fan in Queens for 14 years, end up being a Red Sox fan? Did someone in your family influence you? Did you happen to hear WTIC through the static when you were ten years old and become a lifetime fan? Did Dizzy Dean who did three Sox games per year influence you? Seems very strange on how you can be a rabid Sox fan. Have you ever eaten clam chowder, lobsters, or steamers? You forgot to tell us why you are a genuine Red Sox fan. I raise these questions because you never gave the slightest hint that you are a Red Sox fan. Your rhetoric sounds more like you hate the Red Sox. However never judge a book by its cover.

Calzone---and I suspect you might be a Dago like me----that is a great question.  I usually get asked how I could have been a Dodger fan in Queens and not one in Los Angeles.  I thought I answered that well so glad you didn't ask what so many others have asked me. 

No hint that I am a Red Sox fan?  I live and die with them in ways  that you cannot imagine as some of my friends from other boards who post here could tell you. As for the dieing part, it has been arranged that when the Good Lord calls me home I will be interned in a Red Sox casket.  As a newly minted 72 year old today I'm probably one of the few men my age, if any, that has a complete Red Sox room in his house and that unless my wife is cleaning it, no one goes in there without my ok. Strange that I am a Red Sox fan?  Well my wife thinks I'm a pretty strange guy.  Here's how it came about.  From 1958 to 2000 I tried this team and that team, usually rooting for the team that had the same name as the team I was coaching.....Giants, Phillies, Indians, Mets, Astros.  Just fooling myself......until August 19, 2000 on my final leg of a Sports Travel Tour Baseball trip that ended in Fenway Park.

I saw Pedro Martinez pitch seven near perfect innings against the Royals that day in a 9-0 romp and called my wife that night and said I finally found my team.  When I got home she didn't even g o into "I've heard this routine before" because within two days she brought me two Red Sox tee shirts, totally convinced that I had found Nirvana.  No I do not hate the Red Sox.  I get angry at them, furious at the front office and can get critical----because I love that team with all my heart, as corny as that seems.  And, BTW, I got my best birthday present ever on October 27, 2004 when the Red Sox ended 86 years of futility and won the World Series.  I happened to be in New York on that day and don't think the Yankees didn't hear it.  KIND OF WINDED ON MY PART BUT AT LEAST NOW YOU AND OTHER DOUBTING THOMASES NOW KNOW WHERE I STAND.  Thanks for the message.

Happy Birthday, fred. Many more. Calzone isn't a dago, he's a Pike.

Thanks J-BAY.  Unfortunately those birthdays seem to come way too fast nowadays.  Well Calzone or Pike, whatever he goes by, got a wierd look from my wife when he read what he was asking me or suspecting me of.   She rolled her eyes and said the guy didn't have a clue to suspect any of that.  Well, hell, the guy doesn't know me from adam so he hasn't much to go on.  Now that's settled and don't expect anyone to question me on that any more.  What concerns me is where Cherington is going to go.  All I believe is that he has to start acting fast and get us some reinforcements because word is out  that the front office is not planning on 2013 being a "bridge year".  Well then they need to hit the accelerator fast.

I think that would be exactly the wrong approach. We really need to wait and see who is still out there after the FA feeding frenzy is over. Just because we have a lot of payroll flexibility right now doesn't mean that Ben should be in a big hurry to spend it. The way I see it there will be some FA bargains to be had if our FO can remain patient, but that's just my opinion.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to Yonkersman's comment:

Despite your bedroom having decorated walls like a teenager, does your wife know that you have only been a Red Sox fan since 2000? Does she know that real RS fans go back decades? By the way, why does a 72 year old man decorate his bedroom walls with baseball memorobilia? Are you a kid? My guess is that you are pretending like so many others on this forum. Where is J-Bay when we need him? J-Bay, please report this frraud to yur friend Dottie. Make the forum honest and not phony.

Aren't you the poster who claimed to be a Yankee fan, Pike?

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:

If there is any team I detest as much as NY, it has to be SF. Growing up a Dodger fan the Dodger-Giant rivalry was as intense as the NY-Boston is. However, they had some great players; Mays, McCovey, Cepeda, the Alou brothers, Jim Davenport, Harvey Kueen. It's not as it once was but still can't stand them. Perhaps it was because of Bonds or maybe Pelosi. Or maybe it's just because there are bunch of wackos living out there.

When they showed Brian Wilson with his beard and red fingernail polish, acting like a complete idiot in the BP, I thought, Yup, this is SF all right. The land of the loon!

I hope Detroit can get their act together.

Just call it the Land of Champions again.  

By the way, Nelson Muntz says hello.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Detroit was my second choice going into the season for a personal favorite to win. The owner is nearing 90 years old, LeylandI respect, Miggy is a sensation, and Verlander classifies the true meaning of "Ace". However they played quite poor all season and the White Sox played above their ability... it was  shame to see Chicago finally wither due to exhaustion. Detroit basically crawled into the play-offs.

So..... good for the Giants. San Fransico is the new champion and well deserved.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

OK, Seabeachfred became a Red Sox fan in the year 2000. I became a fan in 1957. Seabeachfred is four years short of being labeled a pink-hatter. He is used to guaranteed success. I lived through the agony of defeat in the 1950s, 1967, 1971, 1975, 1978, 1979, 1986, and 2003. He did not. He does not have those mental scars. I saw Ted Williams, Jackie Jensen, Jimmy Piersall, Bill Monbouquette, Carl Yaztremski, Hawk Harrelson, Luis Tiant, Jim Lonborg, Rico Petrocelli, Rick Burleson, Bill Lee, Dick Raditz, and Dennis Eckersely play. He did not. He is a newcomer to RSN and thinks that he is entitled and he is not. He is the most vocal, abrasive critic here of the Sox and he became a fan in 2000/. You sir, have not payed your dues and do not deserve anything from the Red Sox.  I experienced the heartbreak of the Bucky Dent HR, Rice missing the 1975 WS,  the ball going through Buckner's legs, and losing year after year to the NYY / KC athletics conglomerate in the 1950s. You are not qualified at all to call yourself a longtime Red Sox fan.  You have followed them for 12 years and feel as if you are a true fan. Give me a break. In your twelve years they have been extremely successful. Whiner.

payed?  Should it not be paid?  Not that it matters but Spell-trolling is usually your last resort when trying to ply the skin off other posters.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:

If there is any team I detest as much as NY, it has to be SF. Growing up a Dodger fan the Dodger-Giant rivalry was as intense as the NY-Boston is. However, they had some great players; Mays, McCovey, Cepeda, the Alou brothers, Jim Davenport, Harvey Kueen. It's not as it once was but still can't stand them. Perhaps it was because of Bonds or maybe Pelosi. Or maybe it's just because there are bunch of wackos living out there.

When they showed Brian Wilson with his beard and red fingernail polish, acting like a complete idiot in the BP, I thought, Yup, this is SF all right. The land of the loon!

I hope Detroit can get their act together.

A forlorn hope as it turned out, but I feel your pain. I hate the Cardinals the way you hate SF, so imagine my horror in 2011. Not only did I have to watch the Sox collapse, I had to watch Stl. pull out another "miracle win". I dont mind that SF won, I just hate it that it was over in 4. I was hoping it would go 7.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Decided to blow the dust off Calzone huh pike?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Big whoop; you of all people do not have the authority to tell someone else what the criteria is for being a fan; if I decided to become a RS fan tomorrow, that, amongst other privacy issues you've tried to traverse, is my business; and BTW, you forgot '72, '74 & '77. You probably remember as a depraved toddler '46, '49, & '51 as well.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Just a question out of curiousity. If you come here as a Yankee fan then shouldn't the laws of probability say that half the time you should take the side of Red Sox optimists or fans and half the time you should side with pretenders or pessimists. The problems however is that you always side with the Sox pretenders and pessimists.  You favorites are Burrito, Yazzer, Babe, and Softlaw. You disdain or ignore JimfromFL, Breidy, Notin, Moonslav, Boomerang,Kim, and Pike. Doesn't that say what you prefer? You prefer trolls and Sox critics. You disdain Sox fans. This is obvious. Siding with Yazzer and Babe all of the time identifies you - birds of the same feather fly together. You are who you associate with.

Drunken ramblings.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

NHSteven:

Just a question out of curiousity. If you come here as a Yankee fan then shouldn't the laws of probability say that half the time you should take the side of Red Sox optimists or fans and half the time you should side with pretenders or pessimists. The problems however is that you always side with the Sox pretenders and pessimists. You favorites are Burrito, Yazzer, Babe, and Softlaw. You disdain or ignore JimfromFL, Breidy, Notin, Moonslav, Boomerang,Kim, and Pike. Doesn't that say what you prefer? You prefer trolls and Sox critics. You disdain Sox fans. This is obvious. Siding with Yazzer and Babe all of the time identifies you - birds of the same feather fly together. You are who you associate with.

U know next 2 nothing about me; Babe & I couldn't stand each other for starters - an incoherent desperate spew, and par for the course.

Sections
Shortcuts