Sanchez to sign with cubs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mvpyouk20. Show mvpyouk20's posts

Sanchez to sign with cubs

5 yrs for 75 million...reported on baseball network a few mins ago...if this is true, do you mean to tell me Ben wouldnt pay Sanchez this? What a freakin joke, if true. That's a steal.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Re: Sanchez to sign with cubs

In response to mvpyouk20's comment:

5 yrs for 75 million...reported on baseball network a few mins ago...if this is true, do you mean to tell me Ben wouldnt pay Sanchez this? What a freakin joke, if true. That's a steal.

Perhaps Anibal Sanchez was not interested in pitching for the Red Sox ... at any price.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to hill55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

5 yrs for 75 million...reported on baseball network a few mins ago... if this is true, do you mean to tell me Ben wouldnt pay Sanchez this? What a freakin joke, if true. That's a steal.

Perhaps Anibal Sanchez was not interested in pitching for the Red Sox ... at any price.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe wasn't interested in pitching in the ALE, altogether.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mvpyouk20. Show mvpyouk20's posts

[QUOTE]

5 yrs for 75 million...reported on baseball network a few mins ago... if this is true, do you mean to tell me Ben wouldnt pay Sanchez this? What a freakin joke, if true. That's a steal.

True and valid point but I am just frustrated at this point. Pitching staff looks like as*.

[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

True and valid point but I am just frustrated at this point. Pitching staff looks like as*.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Come on Youk-the pitching staff will be every bit as good as last year.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL Pumps.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Sometimes, you have to take a chance if you want to build a championship club. There will be times when you do get burned. In my opinion , we will be burned on the Dempster deal. Paying a lot of money for a guy who I believe will not pitch well for us. It is a shorter contract, but so what ?  When it is up , you just have to get another guy.  If all you want to do is plan for the future , then that is all you will continue to do.  I think you have to try and win every year, while still keeping the future in mind. Plenty of things can change in three years. If the Sox are willing to write off 2013 , then that is not being fair to the fans.  We are failing to sign any of the top players out there. And , some on here keep trying to justify it. There will always be an excuse not to sign a player. In the meantime, I am afraid that we are looking at another last place finish. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I guess the rumor of $90M/5 was just that.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good one.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

He will only be 33 when the deal ends. whereas Lackey would be 35-36 when his is done. I wouldve signed him for 5 years 15M, if he was willing to come here...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

I also would have been happy with Sanchez for 5-75.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

but he is now waiting for the Tigers to ups their deal.  if tigers raise the offer by a million a year, Sanchez is more likely to signs with the Tigers.

So therefore, Boston would not get him anyway.  Sanchez is trying to use teams to drive Tigers's offer!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Lol, yes, you'd be right to believe we should be well enough equipped to match last year's numbers at the very least.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

ya i cant believe that ben would not give anibal 5/75, when they are paying dempester 13.25 mill per. we cant afford another 1.75 mill per year? and given that anibal is 28, adding 3 years is pretty reasonable. the sox fo is destroying this team with one bad signing after another. missed on hamilton, missing out on sanchez. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

ya i cant believe that ben would not give anibal 5/75, when they are paying dempester 13.25 mill per. we cant afford another 1.75 mill per year? and given that anibal is 28, adding 3 years is pretty reasonable. the sox fo is destroying this team with one bad signing after another. missed on hamilton, missing out on sanchez. 

[/QUOTE]

I dont think they "missed out" on Sanchez. It looks like he wants to stay with the Tigers as hes giving them every opportunity to match the cubs asking price. Cant get mad at BC if a player already has other plans. Im sure he wouldve given him that deal, but Sanchez likes Detroit.

Also, I wouldnt have given JH 5 years 25M per like the Angels did. Lots of teams didnt like what they saw on his medicals. They will be an offensive force for a couple years though. 3 years for him with a vesting option for a 4th year for games played would be the max.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to louisthelipp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I quite certainnthat nearly on this forum said in recebt days that Anibal Sanchez was asking for too much. Why the about face?

[/QUOTE]

He WAS asking too much, but he didnt get it. Obviously he wants to stay in Detroit by giving them every opportunity to match the offer... Not signing him has nothing to do with BC being incompitent, like some here are saying. BOTH sides have to agree and it would appear AS is looking to stay in Detroit if he can.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I dont think they "missed out" on Sanchez. It looks like he wants to stay with the Tigers as hes giving them every opportunity to match the cubs asking price. Cant get mad at BC if a player already has other plans. Im sure he wouldve given him that deal, but Sanchez likes Detroit.

Also, I wouldnt have given JH 5 years 25M per like the Angels did. Lots of teams didnt like what they saw on his medicals. They will be an offensive force for a couple years though. 3 years for him with a vesting option for a 4th year for games played would be the max.

[/QUOTE]

Or at least Sanchez does not like facing Miguel Cabrera.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think you "missed out" on why the Sox di not sign him.  It does not look like money per year was nearly the same factor as number of years.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He will only be 33 when the deal ends. whereas Lackey would be 35-36 when his is done. I wouldve signed him for 5 years 15M, if he was willing to come here...

[/QUOTE]

Sanchez wanted a minimum of the Lackey deal, something I saud he would want about 2 months ago.

The reality is, Sanchez is not as good as Lackey was at the same ages, and no as good as Lackey was prior to free agency. 

Te fact that Sanchez (or Sanchez' agent) is allowing the Tigers to counteroffer does show what the real goal probably is here...