Sanchez to sign with cubs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Sanchez to sign with cubs

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He will only be 33 when the deal ends. whereas Lackey would be 35-36 when his is done. I wouldve signed him for 5 years 15M, if he was willing to come here...

[/QUOTE]

Sanchez wanted a minimum of the Lackey deal, something I saud he would want about 2 months ago.

The reality is, Sanchez is not as good as Lackey was at the same ages, and no as good as Lackey was prior to free agency. 

Te fact that Sanchez (or Sanchez' agent) is allowing the Tigers to counteroffer does show what the real goal probably is here...

[/QUOTE]

agree 100%. He obviously wants to stay in detroit. They have the opportunity the next few years to win a few titles.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Speaking of the Cubs, I wonder how Steve Bartman is doing.   LOL

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

The news just keeps getting better and better for the Red Sox. CHeap Cheap and Cheap, If this is true Sanchez could have helped this team. Come on already with the money, cut the BS already and stop acting like a small market team. I am not wasting any money on a baseball package watching this mediocre team. I will now spend more time with my daughters and their sports programs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I feel bad for that guy. Chicago fans killed him. Much like some Boston fans foolishly blamed Buckner for their failure. Both really show how cruel some people can be.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I feel bad for that guy. Chicago fans killed him. Much like some Boston fans foolishly blamed Buckner for their failure. Both really show how cruel some people can be.

[/QUOTE]

I saw the ESPN documentary on Bartman.  Bartman went to that game with two of his friends.  After the game, his two friends left him.  WTF?!?  A true friend would not have left him. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to AL34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The news just keeps getting better and better for the Red Sox. CHeap Cheap and Cheap, If this is true Sanchez could have helped this team. Come on already with the money, cut the BS already and stop acting like a small market team. I am not wasting any money on a baseball package watching this mediocre team. I will now spend more time with my daughters and their sports programs.

[/QUOTE]

Sanchez wants to stay in Detroit. Hes playing the cubs against Detroit. Has NOTHING to do with BC and being cheap. Unless you call a 130-140M payroll cheap...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I saw the ESPN documentary on Bartman.  Bartman went to that game with two of his friends.  After the game, his two friends left him.  WTF?!?  A true friend would not have left him. 

[/QUOTE]

I didnt know that. Those 2 "friends" are calss A DB's

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

well i think that looking at the signings ben has made, he seems to be pretty incompetent. he had a fresh start, unloaded all the big contracts, and what does he do? he signs past there prime players that will do little to help this team. would victorino be much better than kalish or brentz at this point? napoli i dont mind but he really is not a first basemen. dempester? dont even get me started on this one. he got destroyed while pitching in the AL, and has really never been that good. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

well i think that looking at the signings ben has made, he seems to be pretty incompetent. he had a fresh start, unloaded all the big contracts, and what does he do? he signs past there prime players that will do little to help this team. would victorino be much better than kalish or brentz at this point? napoli i dont mind but he really is not a first basemen. dempester? dont even get me started on this one. he got destroyed while pitching in the AL, and has really never been that good. 

[/QUOTE]

And how many young players in their prime were available and wanted to come to Boston this year? Grienke? Wasnt happening. Sanchez? He wants to stay in Detroit. Most FA are on the backend of their prime years. They are not, nor should they, trade the farm away either. This was going to take more than 1 year to do, so if you were expecting them to field a sure fire ws contending team in 2013 you were only fooling yourself.

They filled the holes with what was available, which wasnt much. At least they brought in guys who play hard all the time and will be better leaders for the youth that will be making their way to Boston the next 2-3 years. Not like Gonzo complaining that we have to play too many Sunday night games while cashing 21M worth of checks. Or Beckett only doing what HE wants to do.

Am I thrilled with all the signings? No, but I also didnt have unrealistic expectations considering this years FA class as well as all the new financial rules put into place. this wasnt going to be fully turned around in one off season.

With less injuries, players playing to their norms, and a little luck we could make the playoffs. They will have a better shot in 2014 and beyond though. They have the talent to be a playoff team. If the O's and A's did it with their rosters, and I think Boston has a better roster.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Wait, the Cubs are buyers this year? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I know all these guys might not have signed with the Sox, even if we offered slightly more, but if we were going to spend this big this winter, I'd prefer to have done it this way:

$76M/5 A Sanchez (~$15M/yr)

$41M/4 A Pagan    (~$10M/yr)

$16M/2 R Ludwick (~$8M/yr)

$7M/1   M Reynolds ($7M/yr)

$4.3M/1   K Uehara (~$4M/yr)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

moon you have a list of B players that are no better than the B players we have signed.... 

13. This post has been removed.