Sane People Who Don't Want to Fire Terry Francona

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kinselja. Show kinselja's posts

Sane People Who Don't Want to Fire Terry Francona

The fact that there is even a thread to the contrary is appalling considering.

(A) The Red Sox went 86 years without winning a world series, then won 2 in 4 years under Francona.

(B) The Red Sox made the playoffs in 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, and 2009 under Francona.

(C) The Red Sox just swept the Yankees in Yankee Stadium for the first time since 2004.

(D) The Red Sox have won 4 in a row and are 1 game out of a playoff spot and 2.5 games out of first place in the AL East.

(E) Francona has clearly developed an amazing chemistry and with mainstays Youkilis, Pedroia, Ortiz, Varitek, Beckett, Drew, Lester, Bucholtz, etc, etc, etc, and has the respect of the entire team. He manages well in arguably the HARDEST market to manage considering the quick tempers of fans and exceedingly high expectations.

Conclusion, it is absolutely insane to even slightly suggest that Terry Francona should be fired. I am literally appalled at the notion.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-yazzer. Show the-yazzer's posts

Re: Sane People Who Don't Want to Fire Terry Francona

In Response to Sane People Who Don't Want to Fire Terry Francona:
    [QUOTE]The fact that there is even a thread to the contrary is appalling considering. (A) The Red Sox went 86 years without winning a world series, then won 2 in 4 years under Francona. (B) The Red Sox made the playoffs in 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, and 2009 under Francona. (C) The Red Sox just swept the Yankees in Yankee Stadium for the first time since 2004. (D) The Red Sox have won 4 in a row and are 1 game out of a playoff spot and 2.5 games out of first place in the AL East. (E) Francona has clearly developed an amazing chemistry and with mainstays Youkilis, Pedroia, Ortiz, Varitek, Beckett, Drew, Lester, Bucholtz, etc, etc, etc, and has the respect of the entire team. He manages well in arguably the HARDEST market to manage considering the quick tempers of fans and exceedingly high expectations. Conclusion, it is absolutely insane to even slightly suggest that Terry Francona should be fired. I am literally appalled at the notion.
    Posted by kinselja[/QUOTE]

"literally appalled."

i can only imagine how you must feel when the issue is something that is really important. you know, something that relates to your real ife.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

In Response to Re: Sane People Who Don't Want to Fire Terry Francona:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Sane People Who Don't Want to Fire Terry Francona : "literally appalled." i can only imagine how you must feel when the issue is something that is really important. you know, something that relates to your real ife.
    Posted by the-yazzer[/QUOTE]
    It's called "hyperbole". Have your mom look it up for you.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]The fact that there is even a thread to the contrary is appalling considering. (A) The Red Sox went 86 years without winning a world series, then won 2 in 4 years under Francona. (B) The Red Sox made the playoffs in 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, and 2009 under Francona. (C) The Red Sox just swept the Yankees in Yankee Stadium for the first time since 2004. (D) The Red Sox have won 4 in a row and are 1 game out of a playoff spot and 2.5 games out of first place in the AL East. (E) Francona has clearly developed an amazing chemistry and with mainstays Youkilis, Pedroia, Ortiz, Varitek, Beckett, Drew, Lester, Bucholtz, etc, etc, etc, and has the respect of the entire team. He manages well in arguably the HARDEST market to manage considering the quick tempers of fans and exceedingly high expectations. Conclusion, it is absolutely insane to even slightly suggest that Terry Francona should be fired. I am literally appalled at the notion.

Agreed kinzie.  Of course, the fact that you still have the energy to be appalled by these idiots reflects the refreshing spirit of a board newcomer.  I have been hearing this nonsense for so long, I can hardly muster indifference.  Kudos.  Keep it up. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sane People Who Don't Want to Fire Terry Francona : It's called "hyperbole". Have your mom look it up for you.
    Posted by niz-58[/QUOTE]
    I "literally" almost died after reading this.

too funny

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-yazzer. Show the-yazzer's posts

actually, it's called 'GET A LIFE.'
    and nizbits, please get a new avatar; your's is so naive.
    ALSO, it implies that the rest of us aren't as patriotic as you are.
    kind of self-righteous.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Sane People Who Don't Want to Fire Terry Francona : Agreed kinzie.  Of course, the fact that you still have the energy to be appalled by these idiots reflects the refreshing spirit of a board newcomer.  I have been hearing this nonsense for so long, I can hardly muster indifference.  Kudos.  Keep it up. 
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean.

Although I still get a good laugh anytime these posters rip Francona for not playing small ball. They act like it's the most brilliant strategy out there and all the offensive problems will be solved if only Tito would make his team bunt.

Puts me in stitches every time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

What?

There are sane people on these boards?

Nobody told me , we were supposed to be sane!

Damn , over 7000 posts all for nothin'!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

F) Who would you have replaced him with anyway that would have turned the team around? 

In fairness to the poster that created the thread about Francona, I believe it was started prior to the Yankees' series.  It was still a dumb idea.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sane People Who Don't Want to Fire Terry Francona : I know what you mean. Although I still get a good laugh anytime these posters rip Francona for not playing small ball. They act like it's the most brilliant strategy out there and all the offensive problems will be solved if only Tito would make his team bunt. Puts me in stitches every time.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

I'm so tired of these bashers.  Here is how to be right all the time:

Scenario 1: Sox up by one run in the 7th inning. If the starter is left in and he blows the lead, Tito should have removed the starter.  If Tito removes the starter and the reliever blows the lead, Tito should have left in the starter.  If the starter stays in and the Sox win, Tito left the starter in too long and screwed us all with an over-used starter.  If Tito removes the starter and the bullpen saves the game, Tito is overusing the bullpen.

Scenario 2:  Sox down by 2 in the 7th inning.  No matter how the game got here, it is Tito's fault for setting up the lineup wrong.  If he has a player bunt and it is unsuccessful, Tito should have taught bunting in Spring Training.  If the bunt is successful, Tito should not have ordered the bunt.  If the Sox take the lead and Tito goes to Bard in the 8th and Bard can't hold it, Tito should not have gone to Bard.  If Bard holds the lead, Tito is over-using Bard.

Scenario 3: If Lowrie goes 0-4 and the Sox lose, Tito should have used Iggy.  If Iggy plays and goes 0-4, Tito should have used Lowrie.  If the Sox lose with Drew in right, Tito should have played Cameron.  If the Sox lose with Cameron in right, why the heck didn't Tito go with Drew?

Final Foolproof Arguments: If the Everything goes right and the Sox win the game, no matter the fashion, It is despite Tito because the Sox are a great team.  If the Sox lose, no matter the fashion, it is all Tito's fault because he doesn't know how to manage.  If the Sox win 95, they should have won 98.  If they win 101, they should have won 110.

Mix and match nonsense as you see fit to fit your anti-Tito narrative  argument.  Rinse and repeat...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Final Foolproof Arguments: If the Everything goes right and the Sox win the game, no matter the fashion, It is despite Tito because the Sox are a great team.  If the Sox lose, no matter the fashion, it is all Tito's fault because he doesn't know how to manage.  If the Sox win 95, they should have won 98.  If they win 101, they should have won 110.

Jim,

I agree except with the above part of the post. The bashers rip Tito after EVERY loss, so by their standards, the Sox should go 162-0.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

I'm figuratively appalled at the notion.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Cmon.  Don't you know that they got off to a bad start because Tito didn't "properly prepare them in spring training".

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]What? There are sane people on these boards? Nobody told me , we were supposed to be sane! Damn , over 7000 posts all for nothin'!!!
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]  D I T T O   !!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]Final Foolproof Arguments: If the Everything goes right and the Sox win the game, no matter the fashion, It is despite Tito because the Sox are a great team.  If the Sox lose, no matter the fashion, it is all Tito's fault because he doesn't know how to manage.  If the Sox win 95, they should have won 98.  If they win 101, they should have won 110. Jim, I agree except with the above part of the post. The bashers rip Tito after EVERY loss, so by their standards, the Sox should go 162-0.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

Sadly, you are right, Roy!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

wow, one game above .500 with a team that was picked to win it all and youre all strutting like peacocks....reading all these posts where everyone agrees with everyone else and questions the sanity of dissenters is an exercise in mind control

KC Jones won two titles as well...where is he today? The idea that any manager who is successful is beyond reproach is silly...I'm fully aware what the Sox won before Francona and I appreciate it, but that doesnt mean he is irreplaceable....he is and I would bet my last dollar that his heir would do as well or better....

now back to your regularly scheduled program of conformity...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Kinselja, You are new here and my advice to you is to forget that you took the time to register here. This forum is not to be taken seriously as evidenced by the above posts. The forum has about 50 regulars who come here because they are lonely and are desparate for entertainment. They are addicted to it. Don't waste your time here.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

KC Jones coached a team that won many, many NBA titles before he took over.

Francona took over a team that hadn't won a title in 86 years. 

You're the only guy who struts--after each and every loss, without exception, you blame it on the manager. 

And that's all you know--how to gripe about the manager (or, on occasion, the GM). 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

I don't get the K.C. Jones comparison. Are you (geo) saying he wasn't a good coach? He was the right coach for that team. He knew how to handle vets, which is why Bill Fitch was canned.

What did Fitch win after he left Boston?

Jackson wins titles with Jordan, Pippen, Kobe and Shaq and he's a great coach.

Riley wins with Magic and Kareem and he's a great coach.

K.C. wins with Bird, Parish and McHale and what ... he's just a spare part?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sane People Who Don't Want to Fire Terry Francona : I'm so tired of these bashers.  Here is how to be right all the time: Scenario 1: Sox up by one run in the 7th inning. If the starter is left in and he blows the lead, Tito should have removed the starter.  If Tito removes the starter and the reliever blows the lead, Tito should have left in the starter.  If the starter stays in and the Sox win, Tito left the starter in too long and screwed us all with an over-used starter.  If Tito removes the starter and the bullpen saves the game, Tito is overusing the bullpen. Scenario 2:  Sox down by 2 in the 7th inning.  No matter how the game got here, it is Tito's fault for setting up the lineup wrong.  If he has a player bunt and it is unsuccessful, Tito should have taught bunting in Spring Training.  If the bunt is successful, Tito should not have ordered the bunt.  If the Sox take the lead and Tito goes to Bard in the 8th and Bard can't hold it, Tito should not have gone to Bard.  If Bard holds the lead, Tito is over-using Bard. Scenario 3: If Lowrie goes 0-4 and the Sox lose, Tito should have used Iggy.  If Iggy plays and goes 0-4, Tito should have used Lowrie.  If the Sox lose with Drew in right, Tito should have played Cameron.  If the Sox lose with Cameron in right, why the heck didn't Tito go with Drew? Final Foolproof Arguments: If the Everything goes right and the Sox win the game, no matter the fashion, It is despite Tito because the Sox are a great team.  If the Sox lose, no matter the fashion, it is all Tito's fault because he doesn't know how to manage.  If the Sox win 95, they should have won 98.  If they win 101, they should have won 110. Mix and match nonsense as you see fit to fit your anti-Tito narrative  argument.  Rinse and repeat...
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

I don't know what is funnier, that this analysis is so spot on, or that you spent so much time analyzing a group who will never get it themselves. 

Well done, though. 

-Daf. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sane People Who Don't Want to Fire Terry Francona : I don't know what is funnier, that this analysis is so spot on, or that you spent so much time analyzing a group who will never get it themselves.  Well done, though.  -Daf. 
    Posted by DaffyDan[/QUOTE]

It went quick because it was so easy to write. I read variations of it everyday.

Sections
Shortcuts