Saturday Game 1:Athletics at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Saturday Game 1:Athletics at Red Sox

In Response to Re: Saturday Game 1:Athletics at Red Sox:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday Game 1:Athletics at Red Sox : hear more than you need to at times, too much indulgence, which i'm guessing is the case today with two rain delays
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'll bet most of those guys have put down quite a few. Bowden making this too interesting, and also dragging it out. We're losing time here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Wow. Any other park in baseball that's a grand slam.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Finally wrapped this ONE up. didnt break away to the post game soon enough caught Heidi saying no one wants to do the walk off interview, should I get a member of the grounds crew? They were the star of the game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

It's raining hard in Connecticut now.  Game 2 will not last long even if they try to start it now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarylandFan. Show MarylandFan's posts

Bowden has had many opportunities to prove himself and once again he stunk the place up. If Crisp had homered, it would have been 9-7 and not over. Either trade or release Bowden, he's a Jeff Suppan clone. Average stuff and better suited for the NL where he could be a #5 w/some club.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]It's raining hard in Connecticut now.  Game 2 will not last long even if they try to start it now.
    Posted by crix[/QUOTE]

Maybe, but the rainin CT isn't necesarily headed for Boston. There's a gap in between the rain bands that might last long enough to get 5 in. I hope anyway, and I hope the Sox have the lead when it does. Could we be that lucky? We haven't been in game 2's lately.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]It's raining hard in Connecticut now.  Game 2 will not last long even if they try to start it now.
    Posted by crix[/QUOTE]

Ya crix, it's raining harder and steadier than it's has all day. the start time for game 2 is scheduled for 6:50

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday Game 1:Athletics at Red Sox : Ya crix, it's raining harder and steadier than it's has all day. the start time for game 2 is scheduled for 6:50
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

They're waiting too long between games. Might lose their chance to get it in because of it. I don't want to see a 161 game season, with a maybe make up date 9/29. That's lame.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

The gap is closing folks. I'll be surprised if game 2 starts when they said it would.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LondonRedSox. Show LondonRedSox's posts

Smile

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday Game 1:Athletics at Red Sox : This is absurd. This game should have been called a long time ago. We should be well into game 2 by now. I've never seen the like of it. I just hope Tito doesn't give away game two, we need it.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Examiner, your reaction reminds me of many Sox fans who voice their displeasure first and ask questions later.  According the Globe, they could not shorten game 1 and move onto game two.  The logic is how can you cancel a game and play another.  The league will not allow it.  Game 1 had to finish before game 2 could begin.  It is an integrity of the game issue.