Saturday Game Thread: Orioles at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Saturday Game Thread: Orioles at Red Sox

In Response to Re: Saturday Game Thread: Orioles at Red Sox:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday Game Thread: Orioles at Red Sox : sometimes they unite a team, tcal
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Absolutely J like Tek giving Arod a face full of leather.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday Game Thread: Orioles at Red Sox : .397
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

I know he's been hitting great all year but I don't think the "decision makers" see Josh through the same lense that we do as fans. He's been at or above .400 most of this year yet he sporadically starts, even when the other OF's are hitting below .170. There's no reason that he should have lost AB's to Cameron, DMac or Drew over the past month but he has due to managements decisions. 

I want him to stay up and start in RF. I just don't see the team carrying four OF's all of which are LH hitters. I think we'll have at least one of the four being a RH RF (be it DMac or someone else at the trade deadline).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Releasing Drew would be the right move in terms of performance....But Theo won't do it b/c of the investment...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LondonRedSox. Show LondonRedSox's posts

Smile

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Everything you say is true, CMH.  However, the break is the time for things to get set for the stretch run, and Reddick's body of work is now large enough to help make the decision to keep him up. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

[QUOTE]Everything you say is true, CMH.  However, the break is the time for things get set for the stretch run, and Reddick's body of work is now large enough to help make the decision to keep him up. 
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

Hope you're right. Josh has earned the right to play. Drew is only hanging on because of his contract.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

This team is rolling!

1. Great pitching by Lackey. way to bounce back after a horrible outing.

2. Reddick is the man for RF. No need to go get anyone. And when Kalish comes back, he can help.

3. the O's may not have money, but what is there excuse for literally zero good prospects on the field?

The Red Sox have homegrown products in tonights game of Ells, Pedroia, Youk, Reddick, Bard, Papelbon.

Where is the orioles' young up and comming players?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday Game Thread: Orioles at Red Sox : I see no reason to keep McDonald.  Reddick has proven he is the better player.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]
    Completely agree. It's obviously a small sample, but Reddick was 8-for-11 vs. left-handers tonight. Naturally, he won't continue to hit .727 against lefties the rest of the year. But McDonald is 8-for-46 vs. LHPs (.174). It's not unrealistic to believe Reddick at worst will do better than that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdaytona. Show jimdaytona's posts

[QUOTE]What does everyone think the roster move will be when Carl's ready to come back? As much as I hate to see/say it, I think Josh may get sent down and Drew/DMac will platoon in right. I think Navarro may stay up due to his versatility and being a RH bat.
    Posted by CMHBOSOX[/QUOTE]

I think the Sox will designate Jonathan David Drew.