Saturday Game Thread: Orioles at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Re: Saturday Game Thread: Orioles at Red Sox

The Orioles look to be real...at least this early in the year.   They took the Yankee series and now are giving the Sox a fit.  At least Salty saved one run.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Cook looks no different than any of our other starters, so how about going out and making a trade for a true impact pitcher?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

This is very strange for the Sox to be losing at home...that bothers me a lot. Even in tough time years before...they lost on the road - not at home.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

OMG

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

looks like I am definitely right on this one, Cook is just another guy out there throwing the ball

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

oh shhhhhhhhhh!  This is going to be a loooooong season!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Well Cook looks like his career stats

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to Re: Saturday Game Thread: Orioles at Red Sox:
    [QUOTE]Cook looks no different than any of our other starters, so how about going out and making a trade for a true impact pitcher?
    Posted by freediro[/QUOTE]
    Easier said than done.

Propose a specific trade that would be of interest to another team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

How many times are 2 out rallies going to break the back of this team? Down 5-0 our hitter are already forced into becoming desperate at the plate, trying to do more than they need to. It's all cyclical and this team has to find a way to keep this team in sync.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

He sure looked good before getting spiked!  Maybe that was just wishful thinking?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

As we appear to be mired in last place for quite awhile & maybe the whole season as I don't even think this team can do a 50-50% win loss, I wonder how much the numbers will be altered  to keep our record sell out home games alive. Hmmm ??? Maybe a 50% discount on tickets !!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

OMG2

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

A valiant effort by Cook to hang with 'em, but "the battle of wounded knee II" is over.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

What a truly atrocious start by Cook. That was F-ing pathetic! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday Game Thread: Orioles at Red Sox : Easier said than done. Propose a specific trade that would be of interest to another team.
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]
    You say as if the Sox don't have the ability to do it. Do you want to win or do you want to hold on to vets and stay under the cap? Not our choice because it's clear ownership doesn't care what happens this year. The team is run by business men no longer interested in the pure baseball aspect of the team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

This team needs to be blown up. Fat cat, overpaid, no caring, chicken eating, non clutch, beer drinking, BUMS.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

My God they suck! Part II Talk about excepting mediocrity!!!! HS!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Cook should have never come back after the cut. He is going to need ten stitches. Looks like a DL stint. Oh well, big game Beckett (not) will come to the rescue.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]A valiant effort by Cook to hang with 'em, but "the battle of wounded knee II" is over.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

was clearly a different pitcher after the injury Exam. limped off. hard to say how he would have done otherwise. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Cook is what we knew he was. A career mediocrity. We now have a collection of them. We are the worst team in the division.  The team payroll is maxed out with bad contracts. There seems to be no way out. The only thing to do is keep the eight or nine guys that comprise the core talent , get rid of the rest ( eating the contracts if need be ) and rebuild with youth. This team will go nowhere with the Cooks , Saltys , Aviles, Ross' , Byrds and Puntos etc.  of the world.  That's the way I see it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenway3. Show fenway3's posts

We need a player to come in and challenge everybody.  Like him or not( I will never know why Sox fans don't) Schilling brought attitude to this team.  He raised everybody around him.  I do not see that leader in this group.  The staff also has been terrible since Farrel left. It was known that Farrel would get in the pitchers grill. 
      I would not be surprised by any trade this team makes to dump contracts and I believe Valentine is just hear untill a new team is assembled.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

At least Don is having a good time. It's like he's calling a spelling bee. Tell it like it is Don. These guys SUCK!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Hammels is not that great of a pitcher and he already has this many K's agaisnt us? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]We need a player to come in and challenge everybody.  Like him or not( I will never know why Sox fans don't) Schilling brought attitude to this team.  He raised everybody around him.  I do not see that leader in this group.  The staff also has been terrible since Farrel left. It was known that Farrel would get in the pitchers grill.    I would not be surprised by any trade this team makes to dump contracts and I believe Valentine is just hear untill a new team is assembled.
    Posted by fenway3[/QUOTE]
    Schilling is not walking through that door.  I don't know why some fans seem to dislike him either. Makes no sense. Maybe he rubs some people the wrong way. But he is one the true Sox legends.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Peter Gammons is doing his best to spin this performance with the play at the plate. Nice try, Peter. Forget why the play at the plate came about in the first place.

This is an "old" baseball tem. Not only in the players' ages, but in the overall thought process. (Like insisting that one of the best hitters in baseball lead off! Such a waste! Ellsbury was their most dependable RBI man last year, and they insisted on penciling him in to that lead off spot! Why? Because that's where he was last year!). And look where he is now.

I'm not sure what kind of miracle it will take to get them out of the cellar, let alone make the playoffs. (PLAYOFFS!!!)

Where have you gone, Johnny Henry?