Saturday Game Thread: Orioles at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Saturday Game Thread: Orioles at Red Sox

In Response to Re: Saturday Game Thread: Orioles at Red Sox:
    At least Don is having a good time. It's like he's calling a spelling bee. Tell it like it is Don. These guys SUCK!
    Posted by splendidsplinterteddyballgame

Don is not known for telling it like it is.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

I feel sorry for Bobby V for inheriting this piece of crap.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to "Re: Saturday Game Thread: Orioles at Red Sox":
    In Response to Re: Saturday Game Thread: Orioles at Red Sox : Don is not known for telling it like it is. Posted by dgalehouse
    I know, but this is pathetic. I live in the Midwest and I have grown up with Harry Carey and Hawk Harrelson. Those guys would be ripping these bums, and rightfully so. It would be more enjoyable to watch. I hate watching games like this and having Don And Peter having such a fun time in the booth.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Keep Ellsbury, Pedroia, Ortiz & Gonzo & let the rest go !!!

Pitchers, I dunno !!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

A Gon is not worth 154 million!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

This team is a huge mess and I can't see it getting better any time before the all-star break.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

If the FO decides to stay on track and not spend money...the Sox will have a hard time patching up the holes unless they can engineer a trade.  The problem is that if they do trade a "desirable" player to fill a hole, they will merely create another hole with the trade.  Hard to believe any team would give up a true great starter for anyone on the Sox short of Pedy or Ells.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

They really need to have the ten run rule for this game. When you play like little leaguers you should play by their rules.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Valentine may be part of the problem 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

People who get on AGon need to get real, who would you rather have? Look at his numbers last year and the years before and tell me who could produce that for less money? Please I would love to hear it, I understand frustration about the team but you guys never ever have one suggestions besides the guy is "over paid"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenway3. Show fenway3's posts

As I mention before Bobby V is keeping the seat warm for the next manager.  It would not suprise me if the Sox are near the bottom and teams start calling that they make a major trade with Lackey and Crwaford involve.  Similiar to the Becket trade when the Sox took Lowell.   That trade worked out great for the Sox but the Marlins told everybody if you want Becket you have to take Mike's contract as well.  I am not saying it would happen, it just would not suprise me if it did.  Who knows what could happen if seats become empty.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

So far this team is playing exactly like the team from Sept.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from teamguy. Show teamguy's posts

It's a really small sample, but so far I like what I've seen from Mortensen.  Has some + stuff and attacks the strike zone.  If they use him properly, he's going to help us win some games, potentially.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

wait, you feel sorry for a guy who new what he was getting himself into and is being paid millions to bring nothing to the table to help this team? You should feel sorry for yourself and every other fan that ownership has done this to our team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

As I said before , we have to clean house , except for a few core players. Go with youth. Just going to have to eat these bad contracts. They have a term for it in business. It is called " sunk cost." There is nothing you can do about it.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

For a laugh, there is a post that said, (Ready?) that this team is "built for the post season!" What post season???????????????????

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

For a laugh, there is a post that said, (Ready?) that this team is "built for the post season!" What post season???????????????????
    Posted by jozee76

Well , we do need a laugh , after watching this debacle.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

Keep Ellsbury, Pedroia, Ortiz & Gonzo & let the rest go !!! Pitchers, I dunno !!!
    Posted by mandobello

Keep "Gonzo" Why? Check out his stats from last years All Star Game to now!!!!You will be shocked, shocked!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

With the exception of the Yankees, the teams that are now competing well in the AL East have done so by bringing up talent from the farm teams...something the Sox don't seem to have a lot of.  Even the Yanks have realized that the farm is where the future is and have done a good job building that part of the franchise.  The Sox need to get serious about the farm or they will have to rely on something that doesn't work well for them...FA market.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

The Sox would be better off if they hired a manager and not a yes man to ownership. They got away from smart baseball moves and signed names to attract viewers and now they are left scratching their head wondering what happened. We didn't learn from our mistake of signing Lugo and we signed Crawfrod, I don't even remotely understand how ownership approved the signing of Lackey, Becket was extended knowing full well how inconsistent he was a move becasue they were "scared" the Yanks would get him. The only positive thing the Sox have done in the past 5 years is bringing in AGon and letting Pap walk. Although we could use him in the closer role, for that much money no thanks.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

In Response to Re: Saturday Game Thread: Orioles at Red Sox : Keep "Gonzo" Why? Check out his stats from last years All Star Game to now!!!!You will be shocked, shocked!
    Posted by jozee76

Look at all his stats before that, you'll be shocked! See how that works, now just go away since all you can do is complain and not actually provide any additional commentary as to who you would replace him with. I would love to hear it.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

The real issue for this team is pitching, pitching, pitching...hitting is fine but hard to win games when the SP gives up 4 or 5 runs a game...and the BP usually can't shut the opponents down at the end of the game.  When Ells and Crawford come back they will be set with hitting...but nobody is coming back that will change the SP or BP the way it needs to be changed.

Sections
Shortcuts