saturday game thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Re: saturday game threadei

This game is over.  Sox could blow this lead.  Unbelieveable.  $180 million payroll and they have to start Kyle Weiland.  Pedroia has to start doing SOMETHING!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Re: saturday game thread

So much for Aceves being a stopper.  Gives up a HR to banjo hitter Casey Kotchman!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Thats probably the icing on the cake the way we hit the ball. You cannot hit the number 9 hitter for damm sakes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

At least the ND-Michigan game is a good alternative to watching the Sox lose again.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

Jeremy Hellickson is not pitching like a rookie: only three Major League starters rank ahead of him in ERA (2.90) and opponents average (.213): Justin Verlander, Josh Beckett and Cole Hamels. Hellickson is 1-1 with a 5.14 ERA against the Red Sox going into tonights game.
    Gotta make him throw lots of pitches and get him outta there

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Sox won't hit TB's bullpen.  Tampa just has their number.  Lester had better pitch a shutout tomorrow.  Even that might not be enough.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

It kills me that this team pockets all the luxury tax money and is able to keep a steady stream of players coming up every year. This is almost a completely different team than in 2008. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

They have a very good manager.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

If Lester is not on Wakefield is pitching Tuesday against Toronto. It could be 3 1/2 games after Sunday and you are depending on Wakefield to save the day. Not good at all.
    In Response to Re: saturday game thread:
    Sox won't hit TB's bullpen.  Tampa just has their number.  Lester had better pitch a shutout tomorrow.  Even that might not be enough.
    Posted by splendidsplinterteddyballgame

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

why did they remove Weiland after he pitched a scoreless 4th?  Is that why, cause he pitched a scoreless inning?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Gonzo has to do it again.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

If they do not hang on this year. The blame rides on the beginning of the season as well as splitting that series with KC which was real lame. Missed suicide squeeze signs , lack of small ball, and eratic offense and a possessed John Lackey.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

why did they remove Weiland after he pitched a scoreless 4th?  Is that why, cause he pitched a scoreless inning?
    Posted by soxnewmex
    They took him out because they are trying to win the game.  He allowed 9 baserunners in 4 innings.  He is a AAA pitcher pitching on the road in a pennant race.  Lucky he only gave up 3 runs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Why can't Sox get LH reliever like that..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

In Response to Re: saturday game thread : They took him out because they are trying to win the game.  He allowed 9 baserunners in 4 innings.  He is a AAA pitcher pitching on the road in a pennant race.  Lucky he only gave up 3 runs.

I don't know, they don't pull lackey wake or miller until they give up at least 5, and sometimes not even then

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Sox are playing with no heart and like they are waiting to lose.  There is no way they will come back tonight.  I hope I am wrong but these last ten days have really brought a lot of frustration for the fans.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Because Theo spent too much money on Crawford and tried to do the left handed reliever on the cheap with Okajima. Dubrount, Hill, and the other guy we sent down to Pawtucket.

Why can't Sox get LH reliever like that..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In Response to Re: saturday game thread : I don't know, they don't pull lackey wake or miller until they give up at least 5, and sometimes not even then
    Posted by soxnewmex
    That's because with those guys the Sox are usually so far behind by the 4th they just leave them in to eat up innings.  At least tonight the Sox were tied.  Unfortunately, Aceves gave it right back.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Myles-Standish. Show Myles-Standish's posts

Sox are playing with no heart and like they are waiting to lose.  There is no way they will come back tonight.  I hope I am wrong but these last ten days have really brought a lot of frustration for the fans.

Dr. Phil always knows.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Because Theo spent too much money on Crawford and tried to do the left handed reliever on the cheap with Okajima. Dubrount, Hill, and the other guy we sent down to Pawtucket. In Response to Re: saturday game thread :
    Posted by AL34

Actually, I think it was Hill who was doing a great job, then got hurt, done for the year.  Hate to say it, but injuries are doing us in this year, just as they did last year, except we're still in the playoff hunt despite the injuries.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

When I see Casey Kotchman with 9 home runs and a 315 batting average I wonder if he is not "juicing". He was never that good.

Sections
Shortcuts